Religion & Physics. XXIc.

That the conception “God” was not illusory, it is necessary somehow
to convince in His( Its) connection with reality.
We can not be pleased with the simple description and analyse of the usage
of this conception in religious speech.
The statement, that we can know nothing about the God is wrong.
In this case God is practically denied.
The God, about whom (which) I know nothing,
for me is not already the God and any dialogue with It( Him) is impossible.
/M.J.CHARLESWORTH./
Is it possible?

Can we concretely know anything about the God ?
Is it possible to explain religion with the help of the
physical and mathematical theorems?
Yes. It is possible.
Because creating all MATERIAL WORLD the God
could only working in an absolute reference system
and only under physical and mathematical laws.

"One thing I have learned in a long life:
that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -

• and yet it is the most precious thing we have."
    / Albert Einstein /
    ==============
    The God could begin to create the Universe only in an absolute
    reference system and only under physical and mathematical laws.
    Now it is considered, that an absolute reference system is
    the cosmic microwave background radiation Т = 2,7К.
    But this relic radiation is extending and decreasing.
    Therefore in the future it will come to Т = 0К.
    From T=0K the physics begins.
    From T=0K the religion begins.
    From T=0K the philosophy begins.
    From T=0K the psychology begins.
    From T=0K the Genesis begins.
    From T=0K the formation of stars begins.
    From T=0K the God creates all.
    How can the God make it?

The quantum physics approves, that in the beginning God has created
" virtual particles ".
Astrophysics approve, that in the beginning the God has created " latent mass ",
"invisible particles ".
From them the God has created everything.
But nobody knows, what is " virtual particles ",
what is " latent mass ", " invisible particles ".
It is very strange situation.
Socratus.

Hi Socratus

I also believe that the universe follows mathematical laws. It has always seemed absurd that there is such an IMO unnatural divide between religion and science.

At least on my path there are scientists, artists, and the like that have come to understand that there is no necessary divide which is really a pleasure for someone like me. If this question really concerns you, drop me a PM and I can recommend some sources where you could see some charts on the laws of world creation and the like from a top down perspective that one is normally not used to. It really is beautiful.

Yesterday I was trying to better understand an article I found on the Internet on Simone Weil’s conception of the value of geometry which I get the scent of something very profound but yet can only take it in on the surface. It hasn’t sunk to the gut yet probably because it is so deep. Yet it is the revelation of God in mathematical relationships.

math.ucsb.edu/~staylor/SimoneWeil.pdf

First I must warn you about Simone. She is not cutsey pooh and not for the women and children so to speak. She lays it on the line.

I’ll post my essential question though a little out of context but if you have the patience to read it, the context will be obvious. From the beginning of page 5:

I’ll stop here at the beginning of Page 6. But this observation of the mediator number on my path is what provides the union of the many descriptions of yin and yang… It is what unifies them. In essence it begins as the Trinity. Putting Christ into the geometrical perspective and perceiving geometry as something sacred rather than sterile is fascinating and completely logical especially from the point of view of my path which explains the unbalanced relationships between cosmoses that keep the universe functioning so to speak and accounts for what we know as “visibility.” Naturally, the ideas, the relationships, can be translated first into the field of physics and theoretically into the additional dimension of metaphysics.

I found it interesting that at the end of page 6 she is quoted as saying how effective she found teaching math from the living perspective was:

It is nice to meet someone like yourself here that hasn’t become a dogmatist in either religion of science and senses that the problem is really our closed mindedness. It seems that we are at the beginning of a time where I believe an intelligent minority are becoming open to this common sense in place of demanding the normal satisfactions from fantasy and arrogance. Religion and science can be mutually respected and agreed as necessary in their domains by such people. Whether or not enough of the world will start to become curious as to this common sense enough to prevent ourselves from destroying ourselves through “taking sides” is an open question but if we’re trying by thinking seriously on these things it is like good chicken soup: “It can’t hurt.”

Hello Nick:
The division between religion and science is not analysed too deeply here by you guys.
Is God a theory?
Science is an active conversation.
Light travels at 186,000 per sec? As far as we know right now. Scientists can and do question this, but Science, as a whole, does not divide all scientists between faithful and heretics, as religions often do. The day that you can refer to Religion as a repository of all beliefs, as science has been (allowing diverse conclusions to co-exist as scientific and not judging one as bunk), then a proper comparassion maybe cut between them. Until then, the tolerance of science has yet to be matched by religion.
I admit that some groups, like AA are happy to call upon only a Higher Power and some might say that they are all theists, just like the scientists are all “scientists”. Yet, it is not enough, and for most it has never been and ever will be, to just say:“God exist”. At least that is my own personal experience. I did it for my own studies. Almost no one is just a “theist”. Most identify themselves as Christians, Jews, Muslims. Even within Christianity, you have Catholicism, Pentecostals, Baptists, Unitarians, Episcopalians etc. It is this identity that is forefront and the “theist” identity a by-product that is not even thought of.
Scientific controversies are often a matter of ethics, a matter needing further scientific research, or a need to make public policy decisions on the basis of incomplete information. The last two are remedied by further research; the conversation is always there and open. The point of reconciliation rest with a public being (nature phenomena itself)
When we talk about religious controversy, this common experience is denied (whatever else your faith might be, it does not seem obvious that there is one God answering all prayers) and each has a holy group of writings that completely report the mind of God. The “Truth” being already out there, the only thing left to do is not to address God and ask for a new edition of these writings, but to interpret them differently.
This point of departure separates them.
The scientists depart from the “I don’t know, but I can find out” type-faith. While the religious folks depart from the “I know the truth, because God gave me the truth, and whomever does not agree does so because he/she loves his/her sin more than God’s truth.”
If you want to deny this, I will point only to the gay-priests controversies assailing the religious folks in America

i do not wish to throw the baby out with the bathwater and wish to make clear that I do not say here that religion is bad or trhat science is better at…whatever. But I wanted present to you, for your consideration, some of the hurddles that I have found. It is, you understand, very tempting to unite the two, and I myself would like that as well, but there are some obstacles that can’t be ignored with a clear conscience.
The day that religions regard themselves as theories, hope will shine on this subject.

Hi Omar

I am speaking theoretically in regards the union of religion and science. Practically speaking, because we are what we are, I agree it rarely occurs.

Theoretically religion is the repository of all beliefs while science is a specialization within the totality of beliefs. Theoretically this is so because religion seeks “meaning.” For there to be meaning, everything must be able to fit into a higher perspective. Pure religion acknowledges that we lack this higher, conscious/spiritual perspective but can achieve it. This is what I believe Einstein means by science without religion being lame. It lacks “meaning”, “context,” which is what Simone Weil is saying.

Science has no need for perspective, only people do. Naturally it doesn’t care if it is just part of a larger whole and psychologically finds it offensive to consider. It takes away from its self importance.

Yet fortunately there are a certain number of groups like CIRET for example existing under the table so to speak that understand the relationship of the higher religious perspective to our normal reactions to life such as through science and the arts. Their purpose is to reveal the higher spiritual perspective from which the essence of science and the arts became separate. In this way the value of their diversity is revealed as would be the case I believe if there weren’t this artificial divide between religion and science in society created from the chaotic nature of our being or as St.Paul described himself as the “wretched man.”

I believe you are quite right in noticing how religion has lost its essential living quality or perspective in society. But this is not to deny its value outside of society and in the collective being of those desiring the experience of higher perspective and meaning.

Religion can follow the scientific method but adds the additional dimension of our mechanical self studied from a higher conscious part of oneself. This is the purpose of the religious practice to "Know Thyself.

The Scientific Method:

1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.

The first step in Knowing Oneself is to Observe Oneself: what IS, without reference to if it is good or bad. In order to do this objectively without the natural tendency to change something takes years.

2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.

Why is what I observe and verify as it is? For example, am I inwardly free or a slave? I hypothesize that I am inwardly free and it is a matter of choice.

3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.

If I am inwardly free, I will be able to break habits by choice.

So I try to break a habit or several habits for the purpose of observing my resistance. It has come down to Nick vs. the dreaded chocolate chip cookie. I come up against myself to verify if I am inwardly free.

This is just a beginning. The religious perspective asserts that what begins to consciously and objectively know oneself and not caught up in reaction is what can be known from above or the source of higher perspective and that part which begins to understand. Of course, as Simone says, if the mystery just sinks into beliefs, it loses its esoteric or inner purpose becoming only a social tool of control and a mixed blessing.

So I agree that this unification is not easy and requires a change in attitude but I do believe that since it is an unnatural divide, it can be done

The fact that everything observable with our eyes and hands has a logic mecanism to justify its existance cannot be a proof of God unexistance in the contrary it prooves the perception of a higher intelligence that any person can experience in means ruling his fate therefore it contributes for a real lover of truth to believe more in means that he feels and not in objects as he sees life like volcan using them as tools to say i think this would force him to built his faith on logical thinking so he surely will not like religions in any sort as he won’t see intelligent God

it is from the devil nature of men by instinct to will hold under their control any smart tool as a response to their deepest feelings of being unable to make

Sorry iman, I get the impression that English may not be your first language so am unsure what you mean.

Hello Nick:
Let’s start by stating that Einstein’s possible God is quite different from the general concepts of God maintained by the great majority of mankind.
Secondly, a scientist needs not place Allah or Jehova in his theory to make it good or by leaving them out, suffer his theory as lame. Einstein here is talking about the Faith involved in an inference, such as For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction . Hume jumped all over this small detail and Einstein is simply agreeing with Hume in that to do science one must have a set of preconcieved assumptions…or a certain faith.
In Einstein’s view, the two systems should stand apart. You keep saying that the divide between science and religion is artificial but I think I would agree with Einstein here:

“For science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be, and outside of its domain value judgments of all kinds remain necessary. Religion, on the other hand, deals only with evaluations of human thought and action: it cannot justifiably speak of facts and relationships between facts. According to this interpretation the well-known conflicts between religion and science in the past must all be ascribed to a misapprehension of the situation which has been described.”

Aberrations of thought can only emerge if you try to support by scientififc claims the Golden Rule. And the question is: Is this even needed? If this divide, as you imagine, is artificial, then why is it there? Has it always been there? Sadly, no, and the Dark Ages were a time were no such division existed between science and religion.
What could be more scientific than to throw a person into a lake; if they float, then they are in league with the Devil and if they sink then they they were telling the truth but will be rewarded by God in heaven.
What about when science becomes religion? See the entire 20th century.

Is science to be kept isolated from religion? Yes. Einstein says:
Now, even though the realms of religion and science in themselves are clearly marked off from each other, nevertheless there exist between the two strong reciprocal relationships and dependencies. Though religion may be that which determines the goal, it has, nevertheless, learned from science, in the broadest sense, what means will contribute to the attainment of the goals it has set up. But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason.
Religions have theology, the science of God. What people like me assert is that any God that can be studied and reduced to this but not that, is no God. God, conceptually, should defy any concepts. Sounds ironical, but the subject requires the contradiction in releasing a larger meaning that lies beyond the capabilities of language…and thus, also of any science.
Science has theoretical science, which now are much more math than any real field work. It relies, and it must rely, in the faith that the universe, that creation is uniform and comprehensible. Otherwise, they would have to pack and go home. In a sense, all science does this. But having the necessity for this faith, does not mean that a marriage occurs between religion and science.

Crucial to the divide is the nature of God and that is Einstein message. If one insist on a personal God, then you run against scientific thought, in light of known facts. If you insist on any one particular religion, then again you are being unscientific and if you reduce down to the bare agreements all religions, here again you are left with a God that is little different from Nature.

If religion is reduced to the belief that there is something larger than ourselves, then we simply choose between naming it “god” or “nature”.

I just wish to add one last thing and pray you have the patience with me. Science does have faith in common with religion, but it is a humanistic faith, a faith in the capabilities of man to discover the root of being. The combined major religions that we always hear about, Jews, Muslims, Christians all believe in the sinfulness of man and the need of something else outside of us to allow us the capabilities science has taken for granted.
I don’t know about you, but it seems that this divide is stronger than advertised.

“You cannot shelter theology from science, or science from theology;
nor can you shelter either one from metaphysics, or metaphysics from either one of them.
There is no shortcut to the truth.”
/ Alfred North Whitehead, Religion in the Making ./

"One thing I have learned in a long life:
that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -

• and yet it is the most precious thing we have."
    /Einstein./
    ==============
    The secret of theology hided in the anthropology.
    /Leibniz/
    The secret of anthropology hided in the theory of light quanta.
    Socratus.

Hi Omar

When I speak of the artificial separation between religion and science, it is because the God concept has become idolatry or the personal God of our creation and science is trying to create influence in areas beyond its domain. So when you speak of the Allah, Jehovah, and perceptions of a god of Christendom. I am speaking of something else; God beyond the limits of our perception. We “feel” the direction of this source and our being is attracted to it. Yet even certain sensory observations seem to make the presence of a source rather obvious.

But this is misleading." What evaluates thought and action. It is religion that stresses man’s capacity to develop wisdom which is more then acquiring more facts but comes through the development of perspective. This human perspective requires more than facts and linear knowledge of relationships but the development of emotional intelligence as well as a more sensitive open, less restricted and subject to our own preconception, experience of sensations.

We know for example Newton’s second law of motion where an object which experiences an acceleration must also be experiencing a net force; and the direction of the net force is in the same direction as the acceleration. How does this pertain to the varying vibratory speeds in matter? If a body at rest stays at rest, what is the cause of vibration? What is its source? I can call it the life force which at pure consciousness contains the fastest vibratory level produced from the interaction of the three facets of the Trinity within “One.”. The need for creation necessitated the gradual slowing of this life force, the degrading of quality within the essence of vibration, producing the degraded materiality of creation. I don’t see how science itself can account for a gradual increase of vibratory frequency, the coarse to the fine, visible to and definable by science. What is responsible for this initial net force contained within the currently fashionable concept the “big bang.”

I can understand the “little bang” where a man and woman produce a baby through this “little bang” or sexual union. it is the transmission of the unified life force of the male and female principle becoming reconciled as a baby. However, with the “big bang,” somehow the source of this net force manifesting as a “big bang” upon which the universe falls out or is born is considered as irrelevant. The fact that science cannot measure it does not exclude it. The obvious relationship between vibrations indicates to me a higher level of existence that produces the lower rather than the lower producing the higher which seems to go against even the law of physics stated above.

Granted faith and reason are not the same and shouldn’t be considered the same. I am only saying that they should be cooperative for us in order for man to grasp meaning and purpose within the broad universal perspective.

But as Jacob Needleman points out in “Lost Christianity,” the real divide isn’t between faith and reason but presence or lack of presence"

The fact that they appear in opposition should be proof that the real problem is one of our own psychology, our lack of self awareness and its necessity being replaced by imagination.

How elegant. Purity doesn’t mean anything insipid or visions of the wonderfulness of la la land. It is a state of consciousness that allows us to witness the manifestations of universal law or Samsara for the Buddhists. It is through presence or a genuine impartial self awareness that carries with it the capacity for a higher degree of consciousness that allows us to witness this absurd condition in ourselves.

Patience with you??? :slight_smile: I was married once so I know about patience. Actually I am gun shy around here because these ideas provoke the strongest righteous indignation which makes discussion useless. You seem to be willing to discuss what can understandably be felt as disconcerting which I admit I don’t trust yet and am waiting for the other shoe to drop. But, I’ll be optimistic.

If you are willing, tell me what you think of this part taken from taken from Jacob Needleman’s “A Sense of the Cosmos” the first chapter of which is found here:

rawpaint.com/library/intro.html

Does it resonate with you at all? Does the way he expresses the limitation of science within the higher context of the needs for human “being” seem reasonable to you.

You wrote:

Simone Weil wrote:

This is our issue if you are willing to discuss it. I believe like Simone that since we are as we are, life will continue as it is. It is through the essence of religion, not its corruption, that man changes in ways impossible for the intellect to provide. Science cannot discover the root of being since the knowledge of being is beyond the limitations of the literal mind.

Why are you showing the ego being of another man to say your belief is she your God?
i don’t understand how you do that really if it is about your feelings of truth use the clues to be in you

in other case i see only a dead heart seeking of a face as to fit as mask on his

iman

This isn’t about feelings, subjective truths, and wonderful platitudes. It is about what it takes to allow us to feel our place in the universe. People exchange on feelings all the time and speak of all sorts of wonderful things and two days later are killing each other. There is enough of that. How about something else for a change.

Neither Simone or Prof. Needleman are gods for me. Yet they possess a quality of understanding I strive towards at the expense of my relatively superficial emotions and thought. So what value is it for me to just worry about expressing my feelings? I could never come up with something so simple yet profound as Simone’s “Purity is the power to contemplate defilement.” So if I am concerned with objective understanding, why not use it? It is an expression of the power and value of consciousness that is not dry and sterile. It comes from a rare person who is truly alive inside so why not feed off of it and share the life?

Of course our hearts are dormant and their lives are sacrificed to imagination. This is the essential religious calling for which science is powerless to satisfy

Socratus you are talking about the Universe in a physical mean’s, or Perhaps you are only focusing on the physical, anyway. The God’s creation can not explain The creator itself in your theory simply because the God is a metephysical being with no physical essance. True while the God maybe able to turn metephysical into physical the Physical can still not explain the metephysical. The God can not be explained by his creation but his creation can explain The physical and open doors into the explanations for the metephysical. Humans are those doorway’s hence their ability to atempt such reasoning as trying to contemplate a vastness of knowledge such as is the metephysical Universe. But trying to explain the Physicle 's creator (if indeed that is what he is) by looking at his creation is improbable simply because it exist’s in a different form and essance than the creator itself. You might be able to determine his / it’s intention’s but nothing about what it really is or how it exist’s. The metephysical has diferent laws than the physical. Time for example is not a variable in the metephysical realm. Simply because thing’s do not “Age” so time to measure thing’s is not a necessity as it is here. Niether is coporial form or physical substance. Which in the physical deminsion everything consist’s of such.

Hello Nick:
If science is indeed making claims where it should be silent, then critique the proper place of science, but not by the authority of something outside of science, such as religion.
All these men and women being quoted around have complaints and point out difficulties, but their critique is unbalanced. They are so busy pointing the finger at the sins of science by itself and forget to mention any virtues it might possess by itself.
– “When I speak of the artificial separation between religion and science, it is because the God concept has become idolatry or the personal God of our creation and science is trying to create influence in areas beyond its domain.”
What areas are beyond it’s domain? I smell Marxism…
But if the solution is to unify science to religion, how are these domains better served? Because, as science has caused havoc by deciding upon things but even more by abstaining from judgement, religion has been even worse in going beyond it’s domains and into domains it has no bussiness being in.

Why speak of God or a God beyond the limits of our perceptions and then proceed to express impressions we declared impossible? That is the problem of the mystic: I can’t deny his perception but as soon as he decides to speak of it, he serves nothing but a facimile.

Quote:
“Religion, on the other hand, deals only with evaluations of human thought and action:
But this is misleading.” What evaluates thought and action.

What evaluates thought and action? Public opinion, society, culture confined to it’s time and place. But this misses the point also. Religion does deal with evaluations of thought and action, but not from a human perspective, but from a divine perspective. What evaluates thought an action? Science believes that it is man does, while religion feels that man cannot do it and that only God does.
Religion wins out because it, by claiming God as the evaluator rather than say, a priest, is given a clear conscience, a clear meaning, a safe port from all doubt.
My point is, should not there be any doubt?

— “It is religion that stresses man’s capacity to develop wisdom which is more then acquiring more facts but comes through the development of perspective. This human perspective requires more than facts and linear knowledge of relationships but the development of emotional intelligence as well as a more sensitive open, less restricted and subject to our own preconception, experience of sensations.”

Religion says that man is wicked…at best sinful. the works on wisdom in the Bible are divinely inspired. that is, it is not the inspiration he or she had but that God had and then placed in the writer’s heart. this perspective is then not a human perspective at all but an inhuman pespective.
You seem to be criticising an imposible form of empiricism, but really, where have you seen or found such science that restricted solely to it’s own experience of sensations? I have already mentioned Hume and his expose of science’s need of faith and even mentioned that in the heels of Einstein. the human perspective, just by the fact that it is human is emotional.

There are limits of course to what we can know and what we do know. But why this Imposition of concepts such as the Trinity upon the gaps in our knowledge? i think that new age thinkers, neo-buddhist and those in the hobby of bashing together, best they can, christian thought with just about any other thing out there, but specialy Buddhism, have made it heir interest to study the pseudo science that floats around out there and like a good philosopher, set what they find within their own puzzle, cutting it into the shape they were missing.
Ever heard of ChristaPaloma?
In any case, please explain your understanding of these vibrations. I am afraid that my mechanical understanding of these to be too crude to get what your point.

— “I can understand the “little bang” where a man and woman produce a baby through this “little bang” or sexual union. it is the transmission of the unified life force of the male and female principle becoming reconciled as a baby. However, with the “big bang,” somehow the source of this net force manifesting as a “big bang” upon which the universe falls out or is born is considered as irrelevant. The fact that science cannot measure it does not exclude it. The obvious relationship between vibrations indicates to me a higher level of existence that produces the lower rather than the lower producing the higher which seems to go against even the law of physics stated above.”

This idea has meet it’s match so often it is ridiculous to do so again, but let me explain the difficulty here.
For every effect we have a cause.
The effect, the baby, is caused by the parents.
Some might add that the Earth being as it is must surely be the wormanship of intelligence…this is what the call Intelligent Design theory.
So far so good. But then we must note that the father has a father and a mother and so does the baby’s mother. In ther words this baby has grandparents. And even the grandparents have grandparents. The cause is at the same time cause and effect. An honest inquiry does not end with God but must continue eternally. If you want to believe that the baby’s parents are the Big Bang, the root of all, the singularity etc, you do so so that you can move on to the next step in a system, not because you have experience and sensations of this, nor that you have conceptualy grasped this.
It is well received these days that the universe did not have a beginning, according to the vaunted M-theory. This is a much superior theory than any Big Bang that proposes a creatio ex nihilio.
Suppose that we say that the Universe, because of it’s obvious order screams of a creator, would not the same argument hold for God? Would not God also need a creator? But if you say that God is in no need of a creator, then, to be consistent, neither would the universe.

thank you Nick to show me how you love this woman but i would prefer to hear how you transform the power you get to say your feelings of truth you can at least add to her words your heart beat if you think they are…

I don’t see any sacrifice other than a wasting time in death when your heart is alive it is your imagination games to create heros in your mind the true hero is you in truth for giving that much to souls who took it all they want to feel admired as flesh who receive some words

sorry but i judge too much in truth so i think you should do this lady would deserve your love in her real giving to humility of purity i saw her face on tv shows several happenings and i got the impression that this lady thinking is to convince herself of being genious and this is bad thing
every word of true you see must say an act in this truth done before and after as to show how true is

Hi Omar

The value of science is in the establishment of facts. As Prof. Needleman suggests, it should serve the human “being” need for meaning and purpose. It cannot create it which is what it does now with technology for example. it creates a psychological necessity which covers over the more subtle but more real natural needs. Anyone who truly understands this and human “being” as relative in quality within an objective scale of “being” will have to be religious in the essential sense.

The problem isn’t science but the fact that human being has become so chaotic that it cannot use science as the tool it should be but rather has its life run by the developments of science motivated by blind egotism.

You imply that Prof.Needleman and Simone Weil are critical of science. This is understandable because you don’t know people like them and are more used to the unnatural faith and reason divide. It is not being critical ofscience to value its limits. The criticism is in the abuseof science in relation to the objective nees of Man. However Prof. Needleman is a man of science but is head of a philosophy Dept. Simone, though becoming a Christian mystic began as a highly celebrated associate of Tolstoy considered one of the most intelligent women in the Marxist party. However, her uncompromising allegiance to truth allowed her to outgrow it. I read of one debate she had with Tolstoy and some observers claim that she bested him. She had a very logical mind and trained in science. She respected science to be the tool it can be.

ndpr.nd.edu/review.cfm?id=6061

I cannot go through an elaborate explanation of her ideas. But suffice it to say that to imply that their critiques are unbalanced only means to me that you are unaware of them and others with their balanced depth. Here is an excerpt from that link which I do agree with.

She is not criticalof science but of its abuse which is something entirely different.

When united as they should be they form the basis of a very misunderstood concept called “understanding.” The quality of understanding is defined as the intersection between the linear line of knowledge and the vertical line of “being” or inner unity. The intersection is where ones knowledge meets one “being” (perspective related to inner unity) Understanding in the religious sense is concerned with the relationship above and below where this intersection stands on the vertical line of “being.” At its highest it is wisdom or religious perspective. It is one thing to know facts and quite another to put them into an objective perspective. The lack of this perspective is why people build bombs for example.

This level of qualitative understanding would balance our planetary needs with our spiritual needs. But it is no longer possible since collective egotism is too strong to recognize its value.

Because it is logical. Suppose a gradually rising tone can be appreciated only up to a certain pitch. Finally it can no longer heard. You could say that it stopped because it is no longer heard or the more humble approach that the tone is still rising but beyond my capacity to sense it. Where our abilities to measure phenomenon stop, is it more sensible to assume that nothing exists beyond it or that it is beyond the limits of scientific investigation?

You believe that there is something unnatural about divine perspective that opposes man’s needs and I maintain that it is man in the chaotic fallen state that is unnatural. This is an ancient idea that I recently tried to vivify in a thread on Plato’s cave but to no avail.

Divine perspective seeks to allow men to evolve to become men and not remain the fallen “things” we’ve become as a whole. I will agree though that this idea has been abused as much as anything can be abused.

The idea of the Trinity is really only genuinely valuable for those with the intellectual drive to understand the laws of world creation and cosmological structure since all created things are an expression of qualitative relationship between these three forces of the Trinity. It is not a matter of forcing but useful only for those wishing to increase their understanding since nothing including quantum physics can realistically be built I believe without it.

The quality of religion idealistically by the nature of the religious need. Some need more intellectual verifications, others need the emotional experiences, and still others need primarily ritualistic structure. Then there are those that wish to blend them all into a balanced understanding which is more my path.

Well if you’d read this page on the nature of vibrations it would save me a lot of writing.

altreligion.about.com/library/te … alion9.htm

Here is an excerpt:

The difference in the religious cosmological sense is that creation is a cosmological descent or for us, coming into being. The natural birth of life in creation is in time and space. Where natural human birth occurs in linear time and space, creation is a cosmological descent beginning at the top and devolving or involving into the slowest levels of vibration and coarsest densities of matter.

But the bottom line is that science can only measure to a limited degree within time and space. It measures within the line bordered by “before” and “after.” “Being” itself is the quality of “Now.” Its quality then can only be objectively experienced and verified through a certain quality of emotion unrelated to the preconceptions of our corrupt ego. A real Man to me is one who puts science and knowledge into the objective higher spiritual perspective. Naturally they are rare.

Hi iman

Simone Weil died in 1943 at the age of 34. I doubt if you saw her on TV since people like her are not desired on TV to be seen or spoken of. She never claimed to be a genius. In fact she felt that her brother Andre was the real genius. Her beliefs were true enough that she lived by them.

Simone isn’t a hero to me. She is an extraordinary woman. A spiritually growing man always knows that the most important thing a woman provides a man is objective emotional discrimination. It is his weakness. Good rump can be purchased but this level of qualitative emotional discrimination is both rare and cannot be faked as with good rump.

I’ve studied her enough to appreciate her as a kind of Mary Magdalene type after the seven devils had been removed. After becoming open, Mary had eyes to see in the real meaning of the expression. Simone could “see” and as a result had no need to hide behind vanity in the way it consumes the great majority of women. As a man I have the highest regard for her but this is neither hero worship or a romantic feelings. It is a man being reminded of the real depth and emotional intelligence possible for a woman and valuable for a man willing to cut the crap.

But we are discussing Man’s position within a universal perspective and how the blend of science and religion, faith and reason, can reveal this perspective and man’s purpose alluded to in the Lord’s prayer as “Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”. This is her help and as such, making my admiration completely irrelevant.

now i can reread her being with peace thank you Nick there is another simone Weil doing politics in france that is why i got mixed up but i have a new doubt of mary magdalene this woman may had turn her beast ego tto listen to values of God but noone ever change from what he is as God you can see what is and forced to adapt yourself to what you saw is like the excessive amount of hypocrits in thoughts of values but in real you are still the same one i don’t believe the devils change a being or angels can make a difference to your deepest sense of being God is Love when some think He isn’t i can see He is always the same and that what He is saying of Him in men

i see your thought motivation in seeing these two different depth as one i think it is your love to Jesus and here again i tell you you are the hero who persist on giving too much to another image of your love you love more than Jesus you can better do cause it is true as you judge yourself

“You cannot shelter theology from science, or science from theology;
nor can you shelter either one from metaphysics, or metaphysics from either one of them.
There is no shortcut to the truth.”
/ Alfred North Whitehead,
Religion in the Making ./
= = =
The world of electron.

But maybe these electrons are World,
where there are five continents:
the art,
knowledge,
wars,
thrones
and the memory of forty centuries.

/ Russian poet V. Brusov./

Hello Nick:

—The value of science is in the establishment of facts. As Prof. Needleman suggests, it should serve the human “being” need for meaning and purpose.
O- The facts that science seeks are about the How’s, not the Why’s. It can tell you that light travels at a certain speed, not why it does so. Why’s are very annoying inquiries that science does best to stay out. Science can establish facts because it concerns itself with How’s, which can be settled, more or less, to an acceptable degree. Religions on the other hand concerns itself with the Why’s and predictably have failed to establish any universal facts.
Besides, I keep pointing it out, you’re seeking that which shall never be because of the very nature that defines us. We are mortal, finite, fallible etc. It is only by an error that we become immortal, limitless and infallible. It is by an error, by a simple folly, and praise be to folly, that we answer every Why.

— It cannot create it which is what it does now with technology for example. it creates a psychological necessity which covers over the more subtle but more real natural needs.
O- First of all, I do not conceive of technology as an aggressor, or personify it as “doing”. We create technology. We then buy technology. It is certainly not free. People in Ghana have no or little technology. Are they better off? Besides, who has told you what are the “real natural needs”? Maybe some coorporations have been trying to create a sense of lack in the consumer to boost sales and with their commercial redefine what is proper for a shoe. But the reason that this strategem works is not because “they” create a psychological necessity or dependency that hides “our” “real natura needs”. Our needs are not just material needs, in which case you could accuse technology alone, but we have immaterial needs that technology does not hide, but supplements perfectly.
The social beat that is man is concerned with status within that society. When Joey buys a pair of $300.00 shoes when he really had a need for a $15.00 one, that is not because technology has covered the real needs of Joey with artificial psychological needs it created. Joey is buying the prestige afforded by the new technology. Is he much better off than Ramon, who bought the cheapest shoes he could find? Or better of than the kid in Afghanistan with no shoes whatsoever? Not materially, but immaterially. Further, this psychological necessity is not the creation of technology, but a feature of the human being that he shares with all humans.

— Anyone who truly understands this and human “being” as relative in quality within an objective scale of “being” will have to be religious in the essential sense.
O- I put value in a human life, above the life of say, a chicken. But that does not by necessity makes me religious but carnivorous.

— The problem isn’t science but the fact that human being has become so chaotic that it cannot use science as the tool it should be but rather has its life run by the developments of science motivated by blind egotism.
O- Again you victimize the consumer. Is having a computer a real natural need? Is a cell phone? No. But what is a real necessity for the social animal is the ability to communicate. Is that blind egotism? i have yet to find a truly ego-free person. And the most egotistic folks are indeed the most religious as well.
The problem here, seems to me, is not with science or even technology. people can have their lives run by the developments of science but are also capable of using it as a tool. You could be my example. Has technology run your life? Some people are indeed slaves to the latest contraption out of the assembly line, but not others. And why is that? Is it because those that are indifferent to technology, unfazed by it, religious? No. if my life is not run by technology and the artificial needs it proposes to solve (like when they say “Don’t let this happen to you!..”) it is not because I have become spiritual or saw through the difficulties and misuses of science. It could be that I simply cannot afford the things offered, or it could be that I simply prefer a simple life. For example, I don’t have a computer because I am too lazy to maintain security devices and updates that come out yearly. It does not mean that I was religious and resisted technology etc…

— “Though the resources for a culture-renewing vision of science are available in ancient Greek thought, this renewal requires as a catalyst the revivification of the Christian tradition.”
O- See, this is where we have that rub. All the argument before serves only as a wedge to drive in a christian agenda. Left unsaid, however is that entire set of difficulties found in the Christian faith.

— "In modernity, science has become deracinated from its original grounding in common experience and has become “a universe apart, whose objects are signs” in which “the play of interchange between signs develops of itself and for itself”.
O- They might as well be talking about postmodernism and Derrida.

— “Although Descartes converts traditional geometric figures into abstract and a priori relationships of pure quantity, he believes that these relations still provide the mind a means of apprehending the reality of body with which physics is concerned. The crucial link is the imagination; for Descartes, the study of geometry is still sufficiently grounded in figures that the clarification of the quantitative relationships serves to render our imaginations more exact.”
O- Then let us use our imagination more and more. Not seek to marry religion to science. Unless we say that religion=our imagination, with which Feuerbach would agree. Just remember one thing. Every religion, unless we are talking of a personal opinion, by it’s very existence, requires dogmas; that is bits of facts that are not open to the imagination. in that sense, your project is dangeorus, especially if what we are trying to graft onto science is a form of Christianity, for it can lead to the closing of the human mind.
Look at the current debates between science and religion.
In asking what is the age of the Earth, “scientists” that are also religious find “facts” to support the “facts”…er, I mean The Truth already found in their Holy Book. The hope of scientism is that one can approach his/her research with a blank slate, an open mind, unprejudiced, unbiased. the religious mind does a 180 and, as a christian, has closed his mind almost on purpose for his own salvation. Like a tortured prisioner who just wants his pain to end, he will say whatever is asked of him, whether it is true or false. The Earth must be to the Christian 6,000-10,000 years old, because if not then the Bible could lie, and if it was untrue about what is simple, what would be the risks that it could be wrong about the complex?

— When united as they should be they form the basis of a very misunderstood concept called “understanding.” The quality of understanding is defined as the intersection between the linear line of knowledge and the vertical line of “being” or inner unity.
O- Understanding can also be defined as “to be able to reconceptualise, to explain and to use received information”. The essential problem for the religious mind is to determine objectively what that understanding should be or what is the correct understanding, because my understanding of scripture can grossly differ from your understanding of it, so by what criterion do we settle the difference?

— its highest it is wisdom or religious perspective. It is one thing to know facts and quite another to put them into an objective perspective. The lack of this perspective is why people build bombs for example.
O- It is the religious folks who put to use these bombs and strap themselves to them due to their overflow of perspective.

— This level of qualitative understanding would balance our planetary needs with our spiritual needs. But it is no longer possible since collective egotism is too strong to recognize its value.
O- Have you read Mary Madgley? She makes much the same case in her books.

— Divine perspective seeks to allow men to evolve to become men and not remain the fallen “things” we’ve become as a whole. I will agree though that this idea has been abused as much as anything can be abused.
O- Why do you feel were are fallen?

— The idea of the Trinity is really only genuinely valuable for those with the intellectual drive to understand the laws of world creation and cosmological structure since all created things are an expression of qualitative relationship between these three forces of the Trinity. It is not a matter of forcing but useful only for those wishing to increase their understanding since nothing including quantum physics can realistically be built I believe without it.
O- And you call your conclusions scientific? Tell me, from which hypothesis did you start your research?

omar how did you turn to be christian? why did you choose omar as your nick name? i am curious to know as i see you around from a time now