Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

Hi,light_eclipseca, I do respect your effort by going over info. that way you can reach your own personal conclusion. The majority of people they just like to impose their form of belief. They don’t understand that faith, history , evidence, etc. there are always different ways to interpret it. Maybe we can disagree in the way we see things but the Creator will reward our efforts.We’re simple mortal men that pay attention to the wonders of who caused it all. Thanks for answering, Eddie

Correct me if I’m wrong but maybe one reason is because it was during the Messiah period, within a few hundred years they had about a thousand messiahs.

Hi, thesun1, Yes, according to recorded history the list of Messiahs is very long, indeed. When Jesus supposedly was born and lived in the beginning of the 1st century CE. Messiahship was very common.I’m posting an essay regarding the issue:

bibleinterp.com/articles/online_messiahs.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah

I don’t know that I can totally disagree with this, my aunt works as a psychiatrist and she says its more common then you think to have someone who either believes they are a messiah or they are jesus reborn. She said they even had two jesus’s on the same floor one day…

The only difference is now-a-days we classify them as looneys. In the middle ages I think that it would be easier to pass such a thing off.

If Jesus was perfect, then why did he fail when trying to persuade and save the Jews? “All-mighty” and “perfection” labels got slapped onto some old dudes that don’t exactly fit into those shoes.

Hi, thesun1,thank you again for answering on the subject. Basically as understand it there are two kind of events. Judaism has an open mind, some say is a person but others say is going to be a Messianic Age.

Personally, I’m a Deist which means I don’t believe in revelation and religion, period. I do believe in a Superior Being, Force, Entity with an intelligence beyond our understanding. I don’t think will ever find out how everything was put together and what will happen in the future. We’re just guessing. Thanks, Eddie

Hi, thesun1,thank you again for answering on the subject. Basically as I understand it there are two kind of events. Judaism has an open mind, some say is a person but others say is going to be a Messianic Age.

jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso … ssiah.html

Personally, I’m a Deist which means I don’t believe in revelation and religion, period. I do believe in a Superior Being, Force, Entity with an intelligence beyond our understanding. I don’t think will ever find out how everything was put together and what will happen in the future. We’re just guessing. Thanks, Eddie

Paul frequently misquotes the OT. And his letters are not usually addressed to Jews.

I’m a virgin to nt/ot (too modern), but was Jesus “Jewish”?

Of course he was. As were the 12 disciples, the apostle Paul and the majority of the early church.

So, then he did exist as a man? Is this correct Ned?

Did and still does.

As a man?

skeptruth (and others), I have a related question:

How will Christians be able to tell the return of Christ from the coming of the anti-Christ?

I feel for the Jews.

my real name

Hi, my real name, personally, I don’t believe that the Bible is God’s word. I posted several links one of them is:
Why the Jews don’t believe in Jesus?
aish.com/SSI/articleToPrint. … ahportion=

If you take your time and read it, you will see that the NT is all bogus and an obvious Roman Catholic adaptation of ancient manuscripts to blame the Jews for Jesus’s crucifixion. Anyhow after 2000 years of a story that started only based on hearsay with no extrabiblical provable evidence, I wouldn’t pay much believable attention to the whole thing. From the jewish waiting of their Messiah or the 2nd coming , christian version. Thanks, Eddie

May i ask,
which part of the Bible is Jewish , and which part of it is Christian?

Hi, Donnie Darko Fan, if you have a Bible at hand you will see that is divided in two sections, one is the OT or Aramaic-Hebrew Scriptures and the other is the NT or the Greek Christian Scriptures.

So , are Hebrews jewish?

Jews, in modern usage, synonymous with Hebrews and Israelites; historically and ethnically, however, the words have different meanings. As a general historical term, the word Hebrew has no ethnic connotation, being applied to any of numerous Semitic, nomadic tribes dwelling in the eastern Mediterranean area before 1300BC. In Jewish history, the term is applied specifically to those tribes that accepted Yahweh as their deity, from the time of their prehistoric origins to the time they conquered ancient Palestine (called Canaan) and, about 1020BC, became a united nation ruled by a king. The term Israelite connotes a particular ethnic and national group, descended from the Hebrews and united culturally by their religion; the term is historically descriptive of this group from the conquest of Canaan to the destruction of the kingdom of Israel in 721BC by the Assyrian king Sargon II. The term Jew refers to a third group, the cultural descendants of the first two, from the time of their return from the so-called Babylonian Captivity to the present. The word itself stems ultimately from the Hebrew yehudhi, originally meaning a member of the Hebrew tribe of Judah, the ancient territory of which was organized as the Roman province of Judaea in AD6. The English word Jew is derived directly from the Latin Judaeus, meaning an inhabitant of Judea.
Modern Jews are members of a separate ethnic community or fellowship rather than of a race-a community that, in the face of incessant and terrible persecution, has maintained its identity for almost 19 centuries, from the final dissolution of the Roman province of Judea in AD135 to the establishment of the modern state of Israel in 1948. In 1970 the Israeli Knesset adopted legislation defining a Jew as any one born of a Jewish mother or of a convert. The remarkable preservation of Jewish group identity has resulted, primarily, from strict adherence to Judaism, with which Jewish history is inextricably bound. This religion governs Jewish life in every aspect, requires the education of the young, and includes in its traditional doctrines hope for and faith in the establishment of a messianic kingdom. Although reform movements began to affect Judaism in the 19th century, the survival of all Jewish communities was the result of the piety with which preceding generations had adhered to the Jewish Law. A distinguishing characteristic of the Jewish people has been their respect for and devotion to education and learning, which are considered acts of worship.

“Jews,” Microsoft® Encarta® Encyclopedia 99. © 1993-1998 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Thank you skepttruth , if i have any furthur questions i will Pm you.