Intollerance of Jews, Muslims and US cults:

Sorry, but Karmit is too sexy to be constructive.
All I do is eat flies.

No one (including me) wants to see minority groups persecuted, but when it comes to jews and muslims, three things in particular pop into my head:

1. they perform unnecessary circumcisions on boys (and girls??)
  2. they ritually slaughter livestock in a terrible way (they slit the throat and let in bleed to death), and I have to pinch myself to convince myself that it’s actually true that intelligent and otherwise civilised people are regularly performing ritual slaughter in the 21st century.
  3. they - like the christians - are convinced that I’m going to hell for being who I am.

Muslims practice male circumcision as part of their religion too.

Europeans are not circumcised (generally) and in countries like Australia, where it now has to be specifically requested, it’s dying out rapidly.

Is lieing to children a form of “persecution”?
Are “God’s” “white-lies” still “up in the air”, because they never even had any proof to disprove? Or is religion allot like smoking and illegal drugs, too hard for any state to root out, and if banned, will still be practiced?

I can’t win with my views. I’m finished. The system stays and the pillars do not fall. Killing is okay AND “holy” when “God” does it.

km

Thank God. It was the most horrible thing I have ever done to my three boys. My husband was raised Jewish so it was not an issue of not doing it but when. You have to watch a circumcision to agree. I hated it. Absolutely hated it.

Not to mention that the tip of a man’s penis looks a little pink without the skin, which seems to me would make it more sensitive. Doesn’t the foreskin protect the little guy?? (Big guy… sorry km) :wink:

The world’s fucked, Dan - the challenge for the thinking man is to put other things in his mind.

Some might say that we should “work together to put things right”, but this sort of naive daydreaming will only lead a depressing drudge of a life. Let the world rot.

What nonsense! Dan is absolutely right; it’s horrible that parents would lie to their children. Noone should lie to anyone. The first thing that would stop, if we all stopped lying, (aside from the lying) is all of this war; how can you trust armsmakers to make peace? Read Romeo D’Allaire’s ‘Shake hand with the Devil’ humanity’s failure in Rwanda; you’ll see that the U.N. is designed to facilitate lies and secret groups.

If your suggested response to our current perdicament is to roll over and play dead, i will suggest you are playing for the wrong team. We all service the Truth in the end; the purpose of humanity is to articulate truth, why struggle against that?

I didn’t read all the replys but I mean, come on, should we really tolerate charles manson?

Hey! What about that radical church that goes up to the parents of soldiers who die in iraq and tells them that their child deserved to die. Theres no way in HELL I’ll tolerate a cult.

When the foreskin has been removed, the top layers of skin on the gland/head (or poor little guy: PLG) hardens to protect itself.

I’ve read where they say this makes no noticeable difference during intercourse but I don’t know how they could judge this? I guess that during arousal, the sensitivity is so heightened. that the subtle extra sensitivity of a protected gland isn’t noticed?

Uncircumcised guys – I imagine – would not experience ‘carpet burn’ which is the constant rubbing of loose underwear or pants on the PLG. I have no idea how cut guys wear jeans without underwear. The thought alone makes my PLG cry :cry:

I don’t think you should be guilty in the slightest Bess, millions of people did it (still do it) and your boys didn’t have complications – which is the main concern. Since most American males are still circumcised (as far as I understand) your boys would have felt ‘normal’ which is very important when you’re growing up with a bunch of nasty, hurtful kids. One of my friends couldn’t take the abuse any longer so he got the chop at 16 during the school holidays – ouch! It took him a long time to get over the teasing (not to mention the pain and weeks of waking up in pools of blood).

It’s different at school now, because most parents choose not to have it done.

they should be Tolerated , but acceptance is another issue.

ChimneySweep, I consider you my friend now even more then before.
Thank you much for that comment.
I think that a person can improve themself to some dergree, but the world is rather impossible, thus my disbelief in all activism. I like to read about health-related topics, usually. Health is one of my main concerns.

Where did you read that?
Stimulation of the gland is much less “fun” after that part of the skin is removed. At that older circumsition thread, one guy said “they deserve to die for what they have done”. Something like that he said, and this sort of frustration is similar to when a woman gets raped, but she does not have perminent damage to her sex organ for the rest of her life does she?

So it’s not a small issue, but it is, because it is so widely done.

Things that are done often become accepted, even though evil being wide spread makes it even more evil.

For this reason and this reason alone, I do know how much evil there truly is on earth, and the worst is most accepted or even defended.

Thus:

^
jeffl also realizes how much lieing there is and how deadly it can become.

Lies = exploitation = irresponsability = victimization = destruction of the future of all children altered by the lie.

Human bodies have become a resource that is “mined” and “purified” by the deeply-entrenched social elite. They are invinsible in their positions, and the only “cure” is personal escape.

• Disbelief in nationalism, religion, adds, etc.
    Disbelief, say no.
    ^ I believe this is the only option left.

Murder is “bad” and “evil”, but other forms of death are even more widespread and then are accepted. Due to this attitude about life and death, most people do not want to “live forever”. For this reason, there are under 1000 cryogenically preserved people on earth. Perhaps only 400? I cannot remember the exact number.

When people want to have a short hedonist life, they all do not focus on the distant future, and the neglect of the distant future will mean many problems for the children of the future.

Many animal species are going extinct now, and this cannot be “undone”, whereas other environmental damage could be “undone” with allot of effort and money, but the-hell-that-will-ever-happen!

People are VERY SUICIDAL.

It’s a secret that many hide. It’s not a direct assult upon their bodies, but a neglect of the future–that is their suicide. Ideas of an afterlife help blind a person to the problem of a mortal and overpopulating species on earth. Lack of self-confidance, natural ability and motivation make it hard to think about mortality issues.

I think that only the Technological Singularity will be able to save the future. Any sort of public-awareness preaching is good, but it doesn’t do much. People that have-what-it-takes to publish essays or make webpages about the evils of government corruption, cults, religions and shortsighted civilization could do so, and this is good, but IMO it is NOT “enough”.

I’m happy to be one your e-friends :slight_smile:

Aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd…Now i’m a burden to Dan~ :frowning: .

This topic could of, once upon a time, had philosophical relevance. we could of discussed cultural relativism. we could of discussed human rights. we could of discussed whether or not religions as a WHOLE are good or bad or whatever.
but no. instead these postings are blatantly ignorant and racist. instead we have digressed into a meaningless conversation that should clearly be in mundane babble.

instead of asking whether or not a specific religion should be tolerated, maybe the question is: should religions be tolerated?
or, perhaps, instead of saying that you, dan/chimneysweep/etc, don’t like Jewish forms of circumcision you could talk about circumcision as a whole…
what about female genital mutilation?

The point is this: Philosophy, most generally, is about the love of wisdom.
The posting is an affront to wisdom altogether.

You can feel free to contact me through email if you want to discuss this in private.

Ahhh… we come to the centre of subtlety. I think a web page or essay is too much. The relevent mechanism is most closely approximated in this medium by discussion threads like this. It is multilateral discussion that moves us toward truth, not unilateral proclamation.

It might look like an impossible task but, while the enemies body is huge his mind is miniscule; and you’d be surprised by how much people actually do hear you.

Ouch, im not circumcised, but ive had the “carpet burn”. I thought circumcised guys would not be as sensitive to it, especialy if they were circumcised from birth. Wouldnt that area be less sensitive as it would be more used to touch?

Donnie, you are not a “burden” to anyone.

Can you imagine the pain people who love you would feel if you were dead, and at the same time, this is an absolute “relief” from the “burden” of all of your needs, sins, errors and weaknesses.

You are not a burden. We are good friends, very good friends, IMO.

I think it should be illegal to lie.
Lieing is an act against human rights, because humans should not be exploited and lied to.
Therefor, real proof must be forwarded by anyone who claims to speak the word of God, and even God’s word must comply or fit into a constitution which bans enslavement, fear, hate, unnatural & distorted world views, LIES, etc.

I suppose, but organs like that aren’t too-hard to damage.

But ignorance can be easily cured by a few words.
No real problem, other then the speed of progress.

sorry , maybe i’m just slipping from reality AGAIN…i hate doing that.

Really, all old religions are natural and ordered world views. Economics; now there’s a distorted and unnatural perspective.