Nietchze is dead!

There’s an awful lot of Nietchze worship going on around here.

If you all gave the spiritual record of humanity half the chance you give Nietchze, there would be no problem at all. See, it is your unreasonable bias against spirituality that is expressing in your worship of nietchze.

Nietchze was a plagerist, and his dogma is not hisown.

Hello F(r)iends,

If you are going to throw around accusations of plagiarism, it is best to provide support.

-Thirst

Certainly, if i’m wrong then i’ll offer my apologies.

What i remember is a discussion amongst others about a story Nietchze wrote about an ocean vouage. One poster made the point that it was almost exactly the same as some captain’s log. The reply was not a denile, it was an appeal to forgiveness, as maybe Nietchze didn’t remember reading it.

You all will definitely know more about what Nietchze has written than i. I imagine there are lots of documents, some of them spiritual writtings, that Nietchze didn’t remember reading.

Nietzche died for your sins; the least you could do is show some respect, or dedicate your life to him!

Sorry 'bout that. (can you tell i’m canadian?)

Yeeeah, I branded a maple leaf on my ass!
Big red leaf ass is what they call me at the skating rink ay?
Now for some really cold maple syrup!

[In other words, I am also a Canadian, and everything I said up antil now was a “joke”.]

In the words of Nietzsche, “the irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it.”

Nietchze is Dead ! LOL

The guy just complained about everything.
As I said Nihilists are the emo’s of philosohy.
Nihilism comredicts it self as a rejection of basicly everything including Nihilism. So to be a hardcore nihilist you have to reject everything that Nietchze said and nihilism. Just that the goth kids from South park who reject comforming but comform together and wear the same cloths.

On the other hand Nihilist besides being “cold” and pessimsic is right and it’s “survivial of the strongest” and “Will to Power” attude. Look what it takes to be number one in are world. Nice guys do finish last . I helped someone in a race who broke his leg and came in last for it.

But come on the world isn’t that pointless and there’s more to your life that you are here and died and rot in the ground.

Nietchze is Dead ! LOL

The guy just complained about everything.
As I said Nihilists are the emo’s of philosohy.
Nihilism comredicts it self as a rejection of basicly everything including Nihilism. So to be a hardcore nihilist you have to reject everything that Nietchze said and nihilism. Just that the goth kids from South park who reject comforming but comform together and wear the same cloths.

On the other hand Nihilist besides being “cold” and pessimsic is right and it’s “survivial of the strongest” and “Will to Power” attude. Look what it takes to be number one in are world. Nice guys do finish last . I helped someone in a race who broke his leg and came in last for it.

But come on the world isn’t that pointless and there’s more to your life that you are here and died and rot in the ground.

Finally, somebody gets it and isn’t too arrogant to ignore it. :slight_smile:

And i haven’t been compelled to apologize yet so…

Hmmm… Survival of the fittest, not survival of the fastest or strongest. Survival of the best fit… It occurs to me that people these days don’t really understand darwinism. I think that if you help someone with a broken leg when there is no selective pressure then your ARE the best fit. And actually, given the selective pressure of the day, it is even more appropriate.

Prove it.

If he is dead then I don’t have to feel bad about not having read him, phew.

It all depends on what race your running.

cheers,
gemty

Nietzsche!!! :laughing:

Nietzsche is Dead and lives. WiseYoda, by his good will, dies and Lives.

The only question is then that of Socrates, “the hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways–I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows.”

And, since there is no evident god, no one knows.

-Angie

The thing is that i do see an evident Truth. It presents in the meditative flash.

I experienced this flash for a week, back in the year 2000. It seems to me that the standard method for achieving a flash is to meditate on nothing but; as i see it, all that that is is removing yourself from context, and then global sychronization in the brain (something that has been measured in eastern buddhist monks) is easy (relatively) to achieve.

What is more difficult is achieving that synchronicity in a rich cultural context; it happened to me by ‘accident’ and, i think that in an honest community aching to move toward perfection such accidents would happen more and more frequently until ‘whoosh,’ the entire place goes up. All of this, as i see it, is a consequence of grounded and reasonable cognitive function, moving toward a grounded naming.

grounded and reasonable cognitive function<<

Show me more than ten people in any given community who can achieve this.

First, I doubt very much there is a single soul who ‘worships’ Nietzsche, here or anywhere - except maybe that Uniqor guy. Second, the fact it seems to bother you in some way the man has a strong following is rather peculiar. If nothing else, he represents an individual who gave his life to studying and improving the human condition, right or wrong in his conclusions. Why the desire to trample the modern results (i.e. his fandom) of the man’s lifelong efforts? If your issue is with atheism, will to power, perspectivism, etc., present your argument. As is stands, you’ve brought nothing to the discussion aside from blindly proclaiming ‘spirituality’ as inherently superior to Nietzschean thought.

Or perhaps it is your bias toward spirituality that precludes your enjoyment of Nietzsche. Take your pick.

While I will not grant the slightest credence to this statement, I will still say this: if he plagerized every word he ever wrote, it wouldn’t change a thing. People read Nietzsche as much for pure stimulation - as they would poetry or literature - as they do for cold, hard ‘philosophy’. That is to say, suppose what we’re calling ‘Nietzsche’ wasn’t a man, but a collection of thoughts: does it matter at all where they came from? This is a textbook example of an ad hom, sir.

P.S.

WiseYoda - you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Show me where it is my responsibility to show you these people.

I will say that a community where citizens look for those people stands a greater chance than a community where citizens pursue popular success; justice.

I would say that someone who makes this statement is an underachieving co-dependent. :laughing:

:lol:
I’m looking at ‘worship’ functionally, you’re considering the standard definition.

Is it peculiar for a lemming, freed from his chains, to look with sorrow at the first lemming over the cliff and to mention it to the other lemmings? I suppose it is.

That’s how you see it. I don’t think he was so selfless.

Because i think his results were in error. I do have that freedom, don’t i?

I have no desire to study Neitzsche. It is not for me to argue against the particulars of his views. I don’t even know what ‘will to power’ is. Do please explain it, and if i think it too is in error i will engage the argument whole heartedly; i will not argue with a book.

Perhaps. My bias was first toward science and, now toward Truth. The two are not mutually exclusive.

If he claims them as hisown then, yes; at least when considering the name ‘Neitzsche.’

i suppose it might approach Ad Homonem; particularly if it’s not true. Is it not true?