a for profit; prophet?

How many of you here have heard of J.Z. Knight? She claims to channel the spirit of Ramtha, a 35,000 year old spirit that lived in Lemuria or Atlantis. (or both.)

Like prophet L.R. Hubbard believed he channeled something as well, and told people that they had angry souls that had been brainwashed by psychologists long ago.

If we are too believe that these two prophets are out to help humanity, should not every effort and action produced by them reflect this?

Would Scientologists charge over 200 dollars for a “reading” to help you? are they being spiritually beneficial or self-beneficial?

Would Knight, build a 13,000 sq ft house on a 40 acre estate, with 120 arabian horses?

If prophets aim to make themselves kings… shouldn’t we ask ourselves, maybe this guy is a false prophet? he or she is a for profit prophet.

I believe we can apply the same rules to prophets from long ago. We know enough about all of them and their actions, to know whether they were truly out to help mankind or to empower and help themselves.

One interesting thing about JZ is that some skeptics ran some tests on her (which she willingly accepted) and apparentlys he passed with flying colors.

Her brainwaves actually pull a 360 change when she claims to be channeling Ramtha…

You have a point though, one I had sort of pondered when I watched what the bleep.

I dunno, for profit or not, she sounded the most level headed out of all those wacko scientists.

Not all religious messages are universal, I suppose. A Christian prophet using his proclaimations to get rich and spiritually connect people with their dead relatives ala John Edwards would be highly suspect, because he goes against the expected theme of his message. But what the hell is a Ramtha anyway? Maybe Ramtha is all about manipulating sheep into giving this JZ Knight money.
My point isn’t that Ramtha is real, my point is that people approach these alternative spiritual options with the ironic mindset that these people will be ‘good little Christians’. Why expect that?

how exactly do you test for a 35,000 year old spirit? do they compare it to someone else they know can channel a 35,000 year old spirit?

I believe you meant 180, as 360 would put you back where you started.

And that’s meaningless anyways, many people can change their brainwaves on demand, they’ve brainscanned people who are praying and meditating and it activates a previously, thought as unused portion of the brain. Does that instantly mean we can ascertain that there is a god?

I don’t know what show your talking about so I can’t comment…

certainly not, but we know what is good caring behavior and what is bad selfish behavior… Ramtha (if it does exist) falls under the latter.

or that heals for money, like many a televangelist. John Edwards is a total sham though… he has microphones planted in the crowd then uses leading questions, to force you to answer things he never asked.

This is certainly a possibility I didn’t consider. Maybe there is a malevolent force in the universe that “prophets” do connect to, and even can be shown scientifically to be “connected” (ol gobbo).

I’m not saying that they should be good little christians, I’m saying we can use the common sense standards of “good” and “selfish” behavior to see that her means (behavior) are not truly altruistic. And those are the rules we can apply to other prophets.

Do the prophets actions match his words? (or her).

Does the prophet act peacefully or in a war hungry, power hungry manner?

Does the prophet print his own money, or hoard money?

Scyth,

JZ Knight along with a bunch of philosophers/quantum physicists/chemists were part of this half documentary thing on quantum theory that borders on… quite ambitious. I personally think it has a bit of merit in some parts but certainly not all.

It’s called ‘What the ()&@* do we know?’

Anyways, the whole thing comes across as a promotional video for JZ’s school but I thought it was worth the time to watch it.

I’m skeptical, along with most people… but what I meant with the previous post is that so far no one has been able to really discredit her. Which isn’t saying much I know, but… there you have it.

And yeah I meant 180, but I shouldn’t have even brought numbers into this.