Reincarnation

As a Buddhist reincarnation is a big part of the religon. Does it make sense. Your phyical body is recycled anyways but does your mind restart in a new body.To get things clear I don’t belive in remembering past lives.

This is the first and only life you will ever live, but you cannot ever die, that is as certain as the chances of this universe happening again and again for the rest of eternity.

Are you prepared for this? Do you not know that every choice you make will be before you once again forever? You think that that horrible argument with the guy at the store who didn’t hold the door for you because its his right, or the time you were clobbered by the kid in the cafeteria in the third grade, was something that, thankfully, was over and would never happen again, don’t you?

Well you’re wrong, and I hope you are happy. Perhaps with this in mind you might do the next argument better.

Don’t deal yourself a lousy hand. Everything happens over and over again.

There are many interesting and possible answers, and most certainly the ego wishes to survive death, but the only valid answer is, “We don’t know”. No one has come back to give us the scoop.

So you think once you die and that’s it that kind of a pessimistic view. So human existence is that petty? You die you rot in the ground. What do you mean that you can’t ever die but one have one life. How do you know this did you die yet and come back form the grave.

Because time cannot be separated. That’s how I know. Existence is one operation and anything that has the attribute of “existing” must be somehow related to anything else that exists, or else it cannot be said to interact with it because it is foreign. Similiar to Spinoza’s changing of Cartesians substances ontology. Two substances which exist in parallel but not exclusively dependent on that other cannot be said to truely exist, for where is the point of view from either that indicates the other’s existence. There is no intersection.

Time is an attribute that is both a particular and a universal mode of existing things. There are time “pockets” where intervals pass as history and events happen in the material. What gives the impression of “difference” is a matter of time and not substance. As such, an “experience” is only an intersection of material moments…it isn’t a real experience of substance, but of time.

Because what exists either has always existed, or had at one time not existed and took up the capacity to exist…became, and then either remained or ended, supposes that what does exist will exist and that it must also be possible that it exist again. Without experience, time does not “pass” in the true sense of the word, it “leaps.” The mind sleeps until the events happen as they did before, either after having started from an intial point and continuing to exist for eternity, or as already involved in a succession of possible worlds, many impossible worlds passing all the while, without producing the conditions for mind to exist. Yet, without the mind there is no reality of “mortality.” There is no skepticism where we are sleeping. Why, you don’t notice a thing. Suddenly there you are again, atom set X resulting from atom set Y, like clockwork.

The only advantage I can give you is the knowledge that in each life, as you live it again and again, you will think it was the first.

Consciousness is the epiphenomena that rides the wave, Yod. We are, as an old friend put it, horrible workers coming back to give our reports.

Hi WY

Which branch of Buddhism are you referring to. Most don’t accept reincarnation but a continuous cycle of re-birth as say a flame from a lighted match lighting another. There is no soul to reincarnate. However, there are I believe some exceptions. Which do you mean?