GOD is OMNIPOTENT

Here’s a theory God and Life.

Let’s say GOD exists and He/She is Omnipotent. Being Omnipotent means God is all powerful. He can have anything He wants, anytime He wants, anywhere He wants. This is really great for God. But, there is one problem- boredom. Surely having all the power that exists would lead to boredom eventually.

The one way He could alleviate the boredom was to somehow ‘forget’ that He is omnipotent.

So he created life and made it as confusing and upside down and unanswerable as possible. Through the human race He has successfully hidden His omnipotence.

God then proceeds to live out each life (7 billion and counting) billions upon billions of thoughts and actions act as a somewhat blunting effect on the awesomeness of omnipotence. It allows God to appreciate it more.

So, while for us suffering in ignorance is almost seemingly unbearable it’s a merely a trivial matter for an unlimited powerful God

In my theory when we die we all go to heaven. For me this means becoming like God enough to where being like God is preferable to having an ego. I mean let’s face it, omnipotence must be a blast. Then after giving up our ego we become God in Heaven in all of His Glory.

Upon realizing that we are all really God and omnipotent and all powerful our past suffering in being a human is appreciated much more. After enjoying the feeling of omnipotence again for while we as God are more than willing to take on the suffering of being human again, this time with even more suffering and our lives more tied up in knots. It’s the eventual unraveling of the knots towards bliss that we seek.

So that’s it. Human Life is merely the alleviation of boredom of an omnipotent Being.

This is a very nice idea, I like it, although for reasons that elude a reasonable criticism. God’s cosmic boredom, the divine yawn, God’s decision to engage with his own omnipotence in a race towards self consumption, the myth of eternal re-entrance, all very picturesque and attractive…

I really think this should be in the Creative Writing forum instead.

I’m an agnostic-atheist on the hold all seing and all knowing God(s) it leads to bunch of paradoxs and conredictions. But on the other hand if you say that God(s) is what ever made the Earth and is less powerful than the Bible say he/she/it/they is then I’m a deist becasue something had to make the world even if it make the it’s self and that’s “God the Creator”. I’m a deist becasue I belive in a first cause which is God but an agnostic-atheist on the all seeing and all knowing personnal God.

I don’t think that God, as an omnipotent being – particularly as you have described the term, would need to forget about its omnipotence for the purposes of alleviating boredom. For it must be the case that God has never been bored, will never be bored, and never encounters the state of being known as “boredom”, if “He can have anything He wants, anytime He wants, anywhere He wants.”

It follows from your use of the term “omnipotent” that God must have the innate capacity to relieve its boredom prior to the state of being known as “boredom” ever occurring - without the need to forget its own omnipotence.

If as you say God is all powerful and can do what he wants when he wants answer me this…with all that power why did it take him SIX days to create the earth? and why did he need to rest afterwards?

Just beware of talking snakes. :laughing:

Inventive, except that boredom is a typically human quality. We get bored because we’re stucki in our limited perspective with the limited means we have to get out of it. I don’t think being omnipontent along with omniscient and omnipresent is boring. But maybe it’s just the mushrooms talking.

I see one problem in the first post…

If god is omnipotent in the way you described it there would be no restriction on him. He could simply snap his fingers and no longer be bored because he would have to have the power to make himself not bored, or he wouldn’t be omnipotent.

cheers,
gemty