Is there something advantage of being baptised?

When a person who does not believe in christ, will say that being baptised is just a way to clear ones guilty conciousness, and start a new person with a new morality free. Basically repented.

But when someone who believes in christ, it is similar but more to it. They will say your sins will be forgiven, the holy spirit will manifest within you, you will be able to speak the tongue of an angel.

But why would such a person believe what he believe?

Because it was passed down from generation to generation and the person doesn’t know any other way.

baptism signafies a comitance to God. If the baptiser is ordained by God, then I think God acts upon you somehow.

The anoiting of the Holy Spirit fill the soul with peace. It breaks apart logical blocers and allows you to advance to the next level.

The worship in the Holy Spirit heals the soul into something simular of the innocents and purity of a new soul. Yet, when you run down memories and logical blockers, this peace subsides. Hence the God hole preaches talk about.

Faith builds logic,… and this logic gets passed down from generation to generation. But faith without acts is ignorance. Feal God, and that is a faith act. Speak in tounges then have someone translate because of a weighing on their heart. That’s a faith act. The love and grace of God is an act of God that requires our faith.

all of this was brought to us by Jesus. Evidence that Jesus was God. Yet to believe in Jesus takes faith.

Baptism, like circumcision, is for the most part a ritual, that’s supposed to remind us of what it represents, more than anything else. People who are baptized and/or circumcised are not necessarily guaranteed a place in heaven.

Fellow ILP members,
iv’e had many thoughts of accepting baptism as a major change that is needed , but then again iv’e also had thought’s such as the long-existing christian vs Atheist argument inside my head…with myself.

I have only 4 questions:
1.how can we be certain that god is actually part of this ritual?
2.what proof is there that can supply any reason for wanting to
be baptised?
3.how can we trust the baptist who can build up anger within you only to forcefully release it through physical boundaries? (ie reading aloud scriptures and drowning you legaly with having faith and knowledge
that you will be alright)
4.could the trinity only be a representation of Rebirth of love
through fear?

if somebody could perhaps answer these serious and curious questions ,
i thank you.

with love your friend
DDF

it’s fear as a child,… but as you grow older, you learn to respect the power.

Just like a fire fearer turns into a good boy scout.

Another words alienation. But what if you are inalienated?
Or what if the person does know any other way.

This is the same feeling that I have. But what harm would it bring if you are baptised. Then, what advantage you would have? If you have faith in philosophy that it would bring you good, why not have faith and see what they say is true. You would be fill with the holy spirit.

For yet, I do not know , for I am not baptised, but soon I will be.

The patriarach recites a poem, and tell his students those who recite it would attain great merit. A high rank student ask the low rank student ,“What are you doing? " I am reciting the poem, for the patriach says those who recite it would attain great merit”