If the world was aethiest...

IF the entire world was aethiest how do you think it would be?

Ideas please…

I’ve thought about that question a great deal. At bottom, it results in a purely idealistic fantasy, no different from asking ‘what if the entire world shared the same ideology?’ in general. That is, yes, I feel the world would be inerently better if everyone were atheist, but no more so than if everyone were Catholic, Buddhist, etc.

Terribly boring perhaps? :laughing:

God would be really pissed.

Then God is an angery, childish fool.

If you see a problem you should repair and fix it instead of getting mad n breaking things, GOD.

THE NAME, OH HOLY ONE!

Next,
I think atheists would still have room for many other supersitions.
Evil “religious” things would still at least be partially practiced by even the atheists, just in a different way, IMO.

But if we are talking about “realists” and “materialists”, that’d be very different. They would focus more on the band and terrible facts then on their fantacies. Maybe that’d produce less happiness and more sanity/solutions?

If the World was purely Atheistic then it would probably have no belief in itself…

‘Am I here? No, I can’t possibly be. That would just be absurd. How can something aware of itself actually be…have presence…that’s ridiculous…I’m off…’

Atheistic = Secular!

Mastake made.

Belief in a god or gods is different then belief in physical reality.

Dan~

Or, I was joking. Can’t you respond to anything good that I write?

Well hey we won’t have any fanaticals blowing up buildings and car bombing because Muhammad told them to, no preachers on tv “healing” people to steal their money, and we wouldn’t have had a holocaust.

Have you thought that the world might just be exactly the same as it is today?
Atheism? We’re all atheists; but most just go one god further…(I can’t remember who said this)

If god did not exist man would invent a god for himself. (still can’t remember)

It might be a different god, but a god nonetheless.

Like clapton?

People need a means to control them. Take away God, and something else would have to take God’s place.
Religion makes the bridge to the “superman” a plateau.

Like clapton?

[size=92]No, the runner-up of god would be Zeppelin, then Floyd, then Clapton. [/size]

Blasphemy!!!

Plus we don’t name groups as gods! Heres the list:

Clapton, SRV, and Hendrix… I think jimmy buffet fits somewhere in there too…

MMMMMMMargaritas!!

This topic reminds me of one of the first topics I started on ILP, called:
God: what would philosophers do without Him?!
ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … t=#1588581

If the whole world were atheist, why would it not be necessary to have a totalitarian government to control illegal behaviour? If an atheist state can be free, how long can a secular humanism rule without a religious structure? (What is the root of illegal behaviour in positivism? I ask because that is what I think atheism would be left with, philosophically.) I don’t think a free atheist state has been produced yet, and maybe it never can last as a satisfying political and social system.

On the other hand, “Imagine all the people / living for today.”

Actually, I sometimes muse about: What if the world goes atheist and reaches a state in society’s maturity – the rejection of the father figure – only to come upon a new, more mature, relationship with that Figure thereafter?

I think the world would be a much better place without religion to screw things up. No holy wars, we would get to sleep in on a sunday. A lot of trees would have been saved from all the paper that would have been used in all the bibles, No heated discussions about heaven and hell, no child molesting catholic priests, the list is endless…

But really I would like to extend on this,

The god we would create would be a physical person, with a superior ability. The world would be based off of survival of the fittest, and our idiotic moral ethics of today’s society would be scrapped to insure the well being and overall happiness of the human race.

I would really like to extend on this.

Morality and ethics is supposed to insure the well being and moral
happiness of the human race. People should try it sometime.