Clearify Jesus Please

Did Jesus every really exist? Is he a myth? Was he a teacher and myths were created about him? Or was it time for a new consciousness to evolve and the stories about Jesus were part of this new consciousness? What would happen if we had the answers to these questions?

I think that Jesus was just a normal guy with a crazy idea that he preached to all the sick and poor people of his area (majority of the population) and when the leaders of those areas came to realize that their populaces were entirely devoted to Christ they play along too in order to appease and prevent rebellious attitudes (governments fear their people, don’t they?)

If we had the answers to all these questions then there would no longer be a mysterious air around Jesus and his teachings, therefore humanity would become bored with it and move on to something else.

Hi all,

among all of these suppositions and opinions, were there any “educated” guesses? I have seldom come across such a lot of rubbish in one thread.

Shalom

Hi Bob,

You beat me to it. C’mon folks. I’ve listened to better answers in a bar at 1AM. Bob, doesn’t this belong in Mundane?

No, it belongs in the trash because mindless imps with limited intellectually capability use the internet to serve their own branded ignorant childish bullshit, in the puerile attempt of looking “educated” in faithless … cough**cough disciplines coughcoughmindless bullshitcoughcough

He snarls and wheezes as he climbs out from under the bridge… :laughing:

But you’re right. :frowning:

What’s with the troll bit brother tentative?

You don’t like my luminous personality, my suave and demonstable retorts and fabulous rhetoric?

Where do I err oh noble friend?

No Mas,

No error. You is a real sweetie. The sun came up today… :smiley:

To defeat something, one must first master it.

Indeed Bob, I’ll give it a shot.

In the simplest way:
(Before explaining Jesus, some background information is required…)
The Hebrews used to sacrifice mainly lambs (can’t remember if other animals were involved as well), to symbolically attone for the sins of the population. (Everyone can be bad, and then we’ll dump all that evil on one innocent animal and sacrifice it to cleanse everyone: general idea.)
Jesus is called the Lamb as the ultimate symbolic sacrifice to attone for past and future sins of man; hence the salvation of humanity. This sacrifice was intended to permanantly nullify all previous Jewish traditions in a manner to free all previous souls from purgatory: from Adam up to him. (In Judaism, there is no Hell: with the advent of Christianity, trapped souls recieved welcome into Heaven.)
Furthermore, what better way to do away with over 1500 years of tradition, laws, and ritual, than to sacrifice the old god for the new?

Now to get back on track…

The Holy Trinity is based on the concept of the Mind, Body, and Spirit of God: The Hebrew God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. The Mind of God willed the Body into existence through the use of the Holy Spirit. The Body is empowered with the Holy Spirit, linked with the Mind.

The given geanology of Jesus records that Joseph descended from David, who descended from Adam. God created Adam, ergo Jesus is his son. (Check out the Bible for that wild contradiction of Mary giving birth without the help of Joseph: how is Jesus then the Son of God without Joseph?) Anyway… Although Jesus was born the Son of God, it wasn’t until after his death and ressurrection, and ascension, did he take over the role of Judge and Jury for God. As he is symbolically a tool of God, he becomes an extension of God, and ergo is God. Yet, why all of this? Why would God need help maintaining the universe? Is he just getting too old?

Wait, hold that thought… I’ve got a better mind twister:

Why would God need to sacrifice himself to himself to allow himself to change a rule he made himself? (If God is all-loving he wouldn’t want anyone to be lost, and if all-powerful he would get whatever he wants; ergo, no one is lost!) [I got this from a comic strip.]

I love how bogus the salvation concept is.

Oh my good friend, the venerable one, admired individual …

Perhaps a bit more study first, yes?

The trinity is a bogus “created” bit of tripe … and since you like Wikipedia, try looking up Athanasius and Arius … you will find out what I am talking about.

Reductionist thought has no place here … research my friend, research.

There is greatness in the ancient thoughts of Jew and Christian, before the “church idiots” took over interpreting for us.

sage

Understanding this along with the Trinity, God/Son relationship, and the alchemical purpose of sacrifice would first necessitate knowing yourself. Since we would rather express our imagined self importance rather than knowing ourselves, any answers roughly sane as to these questions is impossible

Hi Hassooni

The son of God in Greek has a rhythmic sound about it: “uihos theos” as does the Chaldeen and Hebrew expressions “bar 'ĕlâhh” or “bar 'ĕlôahh” or the Aramaic “bar alaha”. Whereas the Greek seems very clear, the Hebrew and Aramaic is a bit cryptic in its meaning, but it is probably the Aramaic that is the original when it comes down to recorded speech at the time of Jesus. The term bar normally means son, but can also mean a person who has similar attributes to the name that follows. Therefore bar alaha could mean a particularly holy man or, as alaha also means unity or wholeness , the “son of unity” or even an “undivided” man.

In comparison, Jesus refers to himself as “ben Adam” or in Hebrew “bar 'ĕnash” and Aramaic “bar nasha”, meaning the son of man. This could indicate humility, as in “I am only a man”, but at the same time it could have have connotations to the son of man of the Prophet Daniel, who “came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.” It could mean both, since Jesus may have used the first definition and his followers the second.

The discussion about the original meaning is only meant to show the varying possibilities. Essentially, each believer must decide themselves who it is they believe. I believe that Jesus embodied uniquely the unity that God is, and that he was a teacher of the hâyâh the I AM, which encompasses the wholeness of life. On several occasions he calmed his followers with an “it is I” or, as it is written in the Literal Version, “I AM”. I find this invoking the thought of all encompassing principle or God, or breath of life that was allegorically blown into the nostrils of adam (man) making him into a living soul. hâvâh means to breathe or to be, and is related to hâyâh. To calm someone would also entail gaining control of their breath, slowing them down and having them breathe slowly and deliberately, remembering the first breath that was a gift of our creator.

I am an unconventional but mainstream Christian.

Shalom

Bob and Nick_A,

This is why I hate the internet, you can’t really ever “know” people.

Quite fabulous, both of you. Well done.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Ah yes, noble one; I regret to acknowledge the fact that I wrote all of that from memory: such is a testament of information of many aged years. Indeed I should have done more research, and while I believe I nailed a number of points; they have been successfully, and thankfully with all due credit, bombshelled by Bob and especially the witful Nick!

Such are these the signs of a saved thread! Hah!

Now I think we are being remedial and pedantic, just for play.

The totality of any philosophical mindset is not to be found within the larger circle of it’s dronelike followers, and you my friend, know this well.

It is found at the utmost extremes, the fringe, those sparsely connected individuals of ecclectic and eccentric nature, who glide belaboredly along the widest perimeter, listened to by few, accepted by even fewer …

Either that, or the only reason you converse with me, is for your own amusement? Is this so?

Wasn’t jesus supposed to be called Immanuel but for some reason God sent a Nephilim to mary saying he must be called jesus? ,
ok i’m going to try and not confuse anybody including myself.

Only because i don’t trust “askjeeves”:
1.who was the child of the pregnant woman in revelations?
2.how did the scorpions harvest their power to do what the scriptures say they did?
3.Does god have to send his unforgiven children into damnation yet they were told he forgives them , doesn’t this mean they deserve the afterlife instead?
4.why have people asked me “how could nostradomus foresee biblical scriptures?” the only answer i could gather is , he might have been on vast amounts of drugs.

I now regret getting on this site while being doused in the stupifying effects of alcohol. Forgive my carelessness… At times when I have not PUIed (philosophizing under the influence), the latter is not solely my intent when conversing with you; but the former. When I do intend amusement, it is for all. Again, I am sorry if you felt offended.

LOL … fabulous … PUI …

I can say that my part of PUI is not imbibing, but under anger, so we are equal once more.

I thought we had this conversation, I don’t get “offended”, just musing upon your perspective, by proxy of verbiage.

Perhaps my presumption of the esteemed one, was too lofty, and the presumption was always that of the impending fall … LOL.

Or are we still playing? :evilfun:

P.S. For your pleasure, venerable one:

Friendship, by virtue of it’s nature, is the true test of humility. You passed.

Your amiable immunity to potential offenses is something I continue to forget: it is something rarely seen in our world today; the aspiration of patience at its peak strength. Behold a mark of nobility, if there ever was one! If anything is to be amused for on this site, at the least it should be the plethora of verbose nothingness! Oh what fun it should be to go to such great lengths to converse endlessly to the point of hiding the true meanings of our words; only to end up saying nothing! If I should ever amuse myself, it would be in that fashion: not for the wasting of time the reader would spend being confused by it, but to laugh at the inane nonsense of an unfettered mind… (Have I done it here?)

I believe I should be so lucky to know someone as you through a noncorporeal existence as this. Thank you for your sentiments James.