The Perfect God

Can a perfect being have the imperfect traits of humanity?
“I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God” (Exodus 20:4-5)

‘I… am a jealous God’; does this imply there are other types of Gods?.. forget that for now - Why in Gods name would a jealous God be perfect? Did he not just tell us that he had a flaw?

If then, God is flawed with a trait of humanity, does this mean he has created us more in his likeness then we have originally thought? Does this make those who claim that if God made us in his image, then we have returned him the favor, false?

God has a trait of humanity or humanity has a trait of God?

To me; if God can be jealous and has created us in his image - then he has bestowed all of his other traits onto us also. He is as flawed and perfect as we all are. I mean, why not? He told us he is flawed. He told us we are in his own image. It makes sense.

The snake in Eden, the route of all ‘evil’. It does not make sense. God was the word. He was the begining. He had to create the snake. He had to create ‘evil’. God then, must be the route of all ‘evil’.

If we are in God’s image and we progress and fall, why then shouldnt God and even the devil? God said he was flawed. If we are in his image, then so are we, all of us.

If all the above then, is true, I fail to see how God would always be ‘good’ and the devil always be ‘evil’. If they both progess and fall as we do, would they each not experience phases of ‘good’ and ‘evil’? How can immortals, living for eternity, in time existing or no, not study in philosophy? How can they not progress as beings, albiet divine beings?

How then, do we know that they have or have not progressed and fallen? The belief that they have not interfered in our affairs for so long? That in their wisdom they have decided to leave us to our own?

[size=75]Note to self: These are my thoughts as recorded at 1.39am upon my return home drunk. Review when sober.[/size]

Looking at the quote in context

I’d say that “God” is using the language of Mankind to express something that is essentially a warning. If I were talking to a child and warning him that he should not do something, I might say that it could make me angry or bad if he did something particular, invoking a certain scenario that underlines my warning. My intention, however, would probably be to protect that child – not threaten him.

As the insight of the seer needs language to carry a message, it is not unusual for that message to be wrapped up in human symbolic and expression, especially in the cultural understanding of that person. God being “fatherly” in the Jewish culture, may use a “fatherly” terminology. Therefore, if there is indeed a “flawed trait” visible, then it is the trait of the seer, not of the source of his insight.

In one way of course, you are right. The polarity that is commonplace in our language: good and bad, light and dark, ripe and unripe, needn’t have any relevance to what we call [our] “God”. But by the same argument as above, it reveals our own perspective – no more. On the other hand, it doesn’t disprove the validity of revelation either.

Shalom

Bob Shalom,
you always seem to amaze me,
good thing my grudge against you has faded.

Without imperfection, biological evolution on earth would not have happened, but the wicked-word-god wants humans to have a one-corner “perfect” morality, and judges/hates people who do and are not singularity “perfection”.

Worship your parenst instead of the word-god.
Your parents created you and did far more for you then the word-god.

When you are sick as a child, does your mother take care of you or does the word-god heal you?

The word-god is an evil semitic lie that steels things from natuer and then destroys them with stupidity singularity.

It is we who have come to believe that jealousy is a flaw , that evil is a flaw . Because of the diabolical way that some people show evil , and show jealousy .

Jealousy is essential to life , this is part of creation , as evil is , knowing how to be evil or jealous in the right way is the thing . Perfection requires jealousy

“EVIL” is Cubelessness/Carelessness.

Now that is some answer! I thank you.

I would have to further state that we appear still, to be constructed in his image - so I must put forward the following assumption: You say it is we who have come to believe that jealousy is a flaw… but if we are in his image, and he is the creator; did he not first create and give this notion of flaw to us?

I would say yes, but what does this then, show? Perhaps that he, like us, progresses? We are of course, in his image. We progress and decline. After thousands of years, even if time is of no factor, why shouldnt he? Why should he not experience some kind of emotion, passion, ambition, depression, like we all do? We are after all, in his image. Would we not then have inherited all these traits from him?

God is perfect… :slight_smile:

and He is jelous in this sence, that He does not want to share YOU with anybody else… He wants to keep you all for Himself.
He wants all your love :wink:

WRONG! God says to also love they neighbor as you do yourself! Apparently He is not the love HOG you make Him out to be! That is the second greatest commandment!

And to the rest!

Why in the world can people not understand that God is Good… in fact the only Good there is! This is not some ying yang class where people are dumb enough to believe there is no Light without the darkness and that God created evil so that there can be light! Come on! Dont be so limited!

We ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge! What did that give us? Knowledge of Good and Evil! Just because you know ther potential for Good it does not require evil acts to polarize it!

We were given free will. We inherited Life only from God! Not His personality traits! God states that you are born a child of satan until you come to Him. It would suck that God only gave us personality traits that He does not like… whoosh… I would think God wants us all to die… so why play this big game? All He needs to do is kick earth into the sun and be done with it!

We have the seed of Good and Evil in each of us. God is testing to see which one we cultivate.

Please explain to me what was ‘free will’ before Adam and Even partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil?

Maybe it should have been ‘freedom’ isntead of ‘free will’

Even if Eve had the ‘free will’ to eat the friut, she did not have the ‘freedom’ to do so because God forbade her to.

No “free will” is the correct term applied. You can have free will without freedom! You are mixing the terms up.

When you drive down the highway do you see others in their “free will” driving faster than what is posted which is not a “Freedom”? If they get caught… they get in trouble! Adam and Eve got caught… they got in trouble! Pretty much it in a nutshell!

Yes but there is nothing imperfect or wrong about living in a world where our freedom is restricted , our free will restricted , its relative . Fire is Good , good to admire from a distance , but I am not free to roll around in one , unless I want to burn to death

There can only be free will if the possibility of Evil exists in the world . But Although the possibility is required , the actual evil itself is not . Its people who are flawed . The negative aspects of Jealousy are an evil , but the possibility to develop these traits must be present