The watchtower

I dont know if anyone else has this problem or it’s just me. In my local laundramat there are copies of the watchtower for the customers to read. Obiously left there by the local jehovahs witnesses.

Whenever I browse through them I am struck by the ammount of quotations from the Bible they use to illustrate a point. Does this mean that they cannot put across an argument for themselves? do they have to rely on quotes from scripture and somehow people will be instantly converted.

Personaly I just find the watchtower extremely funny. Some of the stuff they come out with is laughable. Only fit for the local comedy club!

Jehovas witnesses are far from alone in using bible quotes to prove their points, many religious people do so, for example in forum debates, because they clearly believe the Bible to be an ultimate authority on pretty much all matters.
But they will often have a hard time understanding that the biblical arguments that seem so obviously true to them are completely useless for someone not adhering to said religion.

And yes, it can be amusing. You might want to look at this site for more religious-themed unintended humour: thetruthforyouth.com Christian propaganda in comic form, extremely hilarious to read for the non-religious, and hopefully for many religious people too. Though it is scary that some actually takes it seriously, and that the site even claims that the comic is effective in converting young people in America to Christianity.
I am a particularly great fan of their argument that Evolution is a racist theory
:laughing:

It’s good to laugh instead of feeling angry.