6 is an old number which means to cut.

It stands for man cutting off all ties and connections with God.

I haven’t heard any Televangelist hype up 666 at all.

You’re all most likely wrong. Two days ago there were several historians on NPR ( I think it was that station) and they were talking about how Christians in the time of John refered to political leaders, especially Roman ones, with numbers. It’s more likely that 666, the running beast of Hell is actually a refrence to the emperor who was feeding lions 3 square meals of fresh Christian per day.

Read the first paragraph of this link

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

“…whereas some scholars, such as Dr. Delbert Hillers and the editors of the Oxford & Harper Collins translations, contend that the number is a code for the Roman Emperor Nero,[1] a view that is also supported by the Roman Catholic Church.[2][3]”

Apoc 13: 18

“Here is wisdom. he who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: and it’s number is six hundred and sixty-six”

Which brings into play what Disgruntled Human has stated.

So we’re refering to a man who name adds up to 666. Oddly enough the Pope is refered to as a Vicarius Filii Dei (meaning “son of God”) and even odder the name adds up to 666. The connection was first made by Andreas Helwig in 1612 in his book “The Roman Antichrist”.

I think it’s more to the point that the number is refered to “any man who does evil”.

Incidently “Hell” was a dump on the outskirts of Jerusalem in Hinnom Valley (GEHENNA). Every day they would “burn the rubbish”. And parents (as parents often do) used to tell their children that if they were naughty they would be sent to "burn in “hell”

how on earth does it prove anything if nothing happens? like he said, it’s not as though beelzebub is gonna go “hey! it’s 6/6/06! i should kill people today! haha!”

it’s just as stupid as god deciding to end the world when the ball fell on the new millenium. who’s to say it’ll all end at 12:00 midnight in my time zone?

Well, if we all died at 12 midnight in our own timezones, we wouldn’t know that anything was wrong becuase everyone would be dead so we wouldn’t know!

Hey, wanna know something cool?

If you say ‘six’ a bunch of times really fast it sounds like sex.

Susie Goldman has cooties too!

If the world’s ending tonite it better fucking hurry up. Almost there.

Ah, yes, what a great day, like children leaving home and becoming independent.

“I admit that my visions can never mean to other men as much as they do to me. I do not regret this. All I ask is that my results should convince seekers after truth that there is beyond doubt something worth while seeking, attainable by methods more or less like mine. I do not want to father a flock, to be the fetish of fools and fanatics, or the founder of a faith whose followers are content to echo my opinions. I want each man to cut his own way through the jungle.”
Source: The Confessions of Aleister Crowley^

I thought 666 had been discreditied?

From a previous post:
ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … 37b6227625

Thank you Dan, for providing me with a very hearty laugh as it was my intent to stoke someone into posting something of Crowley by merely saying not to. Not that Crowley should be taken seriously, but it is humorous that someone would ever willfully claim themselves as the “Beast,” and I’m not talking about Hank McCoy. The “wickedest” man ever to live? Hah! Hitler, maybe, but Crowley?

I said it in a joking manner really, and I said one step closer to proving, not just proving, that the devil doesn’t exist. Meh.

Howd’ya know that, did Beelzebub pop in and tell you?

It’s interesting, lots of peoples asked me if I had a bad day yesterday, but it was one of the best days I’ve had in quite some time.

How about this:

In light of the fact we don’t know, and realise, somewhere in the last remnants of what was once a cerebral cortex, we make things up to suit our means, because we can’t accept not knowing, but prefer to keep on acting as though we do?

Now let’s go back and make a mathematical proof that nothing exists, and base a whole system of thought upon that principle.

so… the world should’ve ended 6 days ago, on 06/01/06. and it still didn’t.

Perfect! It poses the question: what would it take for people to realize that their fears are based on illusory scare tactics intended to keep them herded together by the shepard? Oh what a day it would be if people could take the words of F.D.R. literally to its true meaning and finally lose the fear for something that never truly existed in the first place!

eh? Steven Colbert had it right , i always tend to agree with him anyways…

666 = Nrw Qsr = Nero Caesar = Emperor Nero = pervert with a blood lust = persecutor of Christians X10,000 = the Devil = Non-existant.

6/6/06

Hey that’s the date the Omen remake came out. I heard that it sucked.

While I can’t imagine why you chose to summon this topic up from the depths of near-obscurity for the sake of recalling its relationship to that bad remake, I would like to thank you for mentioning the Omen in saying: [size=150]no one can replace Gregory Peck![/size]