Was their ever a virgin martyr who was a guy?

Astral,

Your truth is biblical truth and that’s perfectly fine - for you.

That others may see something different doesn’t of necessity make them wrong. Etymology is a good way to understand how meaning is applied in its evolution over time., but it is understanding we’re after, and that relies on how a word is used then and now. Words are dependent on the experience not the other way around.

Of course this is my opinion only and you may have any opinion you like.

Kris,

Just four years old? (sigh) I’ve always been behind the curve… 11 or twelve was the best I could do… :frowning:

A feminist? LMFAO, Not a chance in Heaven or Hell. I love men, My whole life it has only been men that surround me, love me, help me, and care for me. Give me a man as a friend any day. I have a small handfull of females that I love and trust and only one of them is blood related.

I understand men better then I understand women.

I do expect to be treated as a lady especially if I treat them as Gentlemen. I enjoy the respect given to me as a lady for a lady knows that she is more comfortable being a lady around men then any feminist will ever be comfortable around men. I can bawdy jest with men because I respect them and know their humanity. I can sit at a table drink beer for beer tell randy jokes and still every man there will know I am a lady and will stand as I rise to leave the table.
Feminist? Oh hell no, Men are too cuddly and cute.

:laughing: :laughing: I guess you just were not handy then :laughing: :laughing: Well some are slow developers :laughing: and movers and shakers. :laughing: :laughing: But, I am willing to bet like fine wine you were worth the wait.=D>

Then I would initially say that we should get along well enough (unless our idea clash). I am from the good ole chivalristic point of view. Treat a lady like a lady under all circumstances. But only moderately so. I have no trouble with treating a female as a a male if she wishes to be treated as such. However at that time I do warn that I do not pull my punches. Because I am a Christian I follow the orderly tenents as set by that. I know that people often think thats a chauvanistic view but it really is not. Just because a man is meant to rule over his wife does not mean that a man is better than a woman. Thinking I am better than a woman is what is chauvanistic. And I have as much respect for females as I do males. But it is a different kind of respect!

Then you now understand why the etymology is important. So that you can know what it means in that time frame.

I am so glad to be able to have explained it to you so that you understood!

I have often seen things taken out of context… and sometimes not because the person is ignorant of the real meaning of a word… its just that it has become a habit to use that word in that way.

I admit I fall victim to common slang as well.

I hear these comments made to Christians made quite often. I find them insulting and sad to think that people can be so ignorant.

In the Bible when it talks about not judging, they speak of the judgement only God can make. Whether or not someone goes to Hell. No man can do that. Not even the Church. No mortal can predict what God, in His infinite mercy, will do. The Church can only declare someone a Saint. This means that they’re quite sure that the person is going to Heaven.

Not judging doesn’t mean that I’ll be walking out of a really horrible movie and think to myself, “Oh, it was a bad movie, but I don’t think that I should judge them becuase it says not to judge in the Bible.”

It doesn’t work like that. Astral is completley correct when he said,“Cry out when you see evil.”

Astral, I have heard many times that it was common practice for Romans to nail victims on the wrist. That way the nail would be wedged in between the radius and the ulna. Weight would be pulling the victim down and if the wrist joint was not there to hold the victim up, the nail would just rip right through the hand. This is why the palm of the hand would be a poor place for a nail to be set, there’s not enough bone and tendon there to hold up the victim.

Etymologically speaking, I have heard many times on Christians stations around Easter time that the palm included the wrist during His time.

I have trouble understanding your post. Are you agreeing or Disagreeing. I do believe the Christ was nailed in the wrist (english proper trans). I was mearly outlining the inconvenience that the translation to hand has caused. Yea sure, there may be some translation and clerical errors in the Bible! But good greif… nearly enough to bring the entire foundation of it to a crumbling heap that some suggest? Naww…

Based on all the evidence there should never have been an issue with it in the first place! Its just another urban legend.

Rule!? Rule a woman ? LOL Dear heavens you fall for that trap? No man has ever ruled a woman unless she has no self esteem, he only thinks he rules. Women are equal to men in all respects of mental. That they follow a different path does not lessen it. Two paths give more room and more knowledge. A woman knows her man and a man thinks he knows his woman/ why? Because of survival. A man is more ruled by ego and god and a woman is ruled by survival. When a man is convinced he rules his wife he, if he wishes to jump into murky depths, really ought to pay more attention. A woman allows a man to have his supierority for one reason only, survival. Survival of the family. Your rules are condoned dear man not feared, because, they serve the greater good of family. Women are equal in intelligence and learning ability. The only difference is in physical. (and I am not spelling correctly due to fatigue and am too tired to correct)

Astral go ask your wife if you rule her. Watch her as she responds, but, if you value your love do not confront her nor condemn her. give instead thought and grow from the lesson learned.

Kriswest,
I have to totally agree with you.

A lot of men think they wear the pants, but they forget that their wife picked them out!

cheers,
gemty

ha ha… you are miscontruing what I said. Men and women are equal as people yes. However in the zone of marraige a man is the ruler of the wife. I have women superiors that rule over me and I have men. It does not bother me in the least. At home I rule, and yes to answer your question I have already made it clear that my wife will be ruled by me and she can take it or leave it. This does not mean in the least that I do not cherish and respect my wife either. But when I make a decision on something I am the final authority. Thats what it means to be the ruler!

A woman that is not lead by her man is an unhappy and incomplete woman. Likewise if a man is oppresive to his wife the same. God made it specific and to say otherwise is chauvanistic and shortsighted. Are you going to tell me that after God came down and interfered with all the other things He has interferred with that He just simply forgot to say… “Oh, women are not ruled by their husbands… stop lying to the women!” Give me a break, you show that you have little Faith in God and much less in men. Althought I do share the sentiment of having pretty much no faith in men. We men have ruined it for ourselves just as much as you women have.

I bid you this… if there is a God, one of the doctrines are correct. It behooves God not, to allow anything written about Him to always be a lie!

Look how women were treated during Christs time and in front of Christ. He and the rest of the apostled exemplified this…

The head of the woman is the man, and the head of the man is the Christ, and the head of the Christ is the Father. Said by an apostle. But of course you have the defense of calling the bible a lie, so I really cant use it against to. If you think any important piece of the Bible a lie then it is all a lie! Otherwise you are just a picker and chooser. In other words a typical Christian that has brought on all the denominations. Lets pick what we like from the Bible and do that… and call the parts we dont like a lie or just ignorethem outright or as “non essential”. Now lets label it something… Baptist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, or what ever…

In Revelations it looks like 5 of the 7 Churches are condemend… I wonder why? Also the Catholic Church has the most grevious of Judgements set against Her.

Best to not pick and choose what you like. Take all or none of it!

Why are we fighting and not solving anything? Haven’t check my question and I am surprised I recieved 20 posts.

It is not important that if christ was nail on the cross by his wrists or hands, what matters is he was nailed to the cross.

Kris
Your thinking and the way you write are so similar to bessy, not that it got anything to do , just wanted to say that.

About the epstemplogy something, why can’t you tell us the orgin meaning of virgin through your words instead of forcing us to seek the answers through the hard way.

At the bottom line, and all these conversations, I believe thus far there is no such person who is a guy a virgin martyr for christ? Yet, I remember one of my theleogian teacher told me he was a virgin, and I watch the movie of St. Paul and he was a virgin. Or was it he never married in the proper terms. I thought this question would be easy but instead the answers and post felt that it was not serious at all. But pleasurable to hear.

Perhaps defining a male virgin would clear things up. Does male virginity hinge upon penatration of a female or is it the first induced ejaculation. Not an involuntary ejaculation.

On Girls with their much more physical and sports orientated lifestyles it breaks the hymen more often then not now. so that has been eliminated as a virginal tester for girls and quite an embarrassment to certain classes of girls.

So is virginal actual penetration for girls but, is it the same for boys? It should be. But I think that there would be some debate.

No offense to any but should not masturbation be a sexual experience and or the lustful thoughts that go with it and thus eliminating virginity for both?

Astral
I am not Christian nor am I of any belief, Not really an Atheist nor Agnostic. I was raised Southern baptist and Protestant. I was encouraged to find my own self and ways by my parents. I have read texts from all major religions and some minor ones. I find kernels of truth in each. It is those truths and they are my truths not everyones, that I abide by. the bible holds truths but, not all of it. I do not pick and choose. The ideas and truths pick and choose me. Bear in mind that if you are honest with yourself, not all truths for you are pleasant nor good.

Your definition of Ruler to me seems innacurate. To be a Ruler you do not abide by others opinions you act upon your own, maybe only slightly giving acknowledgement of ideas of those beneath you. You may want the title of Ruler but, from your words of description you are the final voice that is it. And it merely my guess that your wife has a great influence on that final voice. Rulers are top dogs, no one in their household is equal to them they would have to be beneath them in status.
Your faith in your beliefs is respectable and admirable. I merely suggest your household is not quite biblical in its heirarchy as you think. if your wife did not want you to have final voice and by allowing you final voice she is actually making you bear the burden of decision, which keeps the family intact. someone always must be the bad guy. It is her choice to allow you to think you “rule” to protect her family. Men need that ego boost much more then women. Men in your style of household are traditionally the head of it , the bread winner. Women do the rest of the work.If a woman is good at that, and her family is whole healthy and sound, that is her ego boost.

My husband is the financial part of our household, he makes the financial decisions. I make the household maintainence decisions but, we always consult and get each others most valued opinions, and then allow that to help make the decision that is also based upon experience we each hold. He would no more make a decision about running this house and putting his foot down then I would about him and his work. That would disrupt and harm us.

So you see we have the male bread winner household like yours but, this household has partners not bosses. We each have our own strengths and weaknesses that is enhanced or strengthened by the other. And I say this because I think your home may lean a little more towards our way then what you think, you just give different titles. Maybe :slight_smile:

Tsk Tsk. You really are a feminist it seems to me. Just because you are a feminist does not mean you can’t love and cuddle a man. It just has to be on your terms and its all ok.

I am not the Ruler of the household because I need an ego boost. I am because that is Gods decision. As the Ruler I will bear responsbility in His sight that my Wife will not. As far as decisions, geez its a no brainer that she will have a significant impact on my decisions. A Wise husband will rule with his wife in mind first! You are correct, as you described your relationship with your husband, mine and my wife is like so. We do discuss things and get opinions. But what is worse is that my wife generally does not even like to make too many decisions herself. This actually requires me to make more decisions than I wish to. But since it is my duty I will simply accept it. I would love to sit back and exchange authority roles so I dont have to worry about the bad Decisions being brought on my head by God. But I cannot escape that.

I do like your last paragraph, because it does reflect my relationship a good bit. And while you might say yea we carry different titles Mine are a better description of our household. We are partners yes, but I have and always will retain the title of Ruler in my house. You see a good Ruler/Master will also become the servant. This is an often missed aspect of Christianity. God usually winds up serving the servants moreso than we server Him.

Now me personally? I generally tend to think I got the better slice of the pie… as in… my wife is pretty good to me and I am a pampered man. I really have not much to complain for.

Perhaps suffragette, not soul sucking feminist ever!

Loving andCuddling on just my terms? How boring! Hmm let me tell you quickly how we got together. We were platonic best friends for over a year then realized how close we were, so since no one could ever love either of us as much as we loved each other we formalized it And we love each other more now. We began as partners/friends not dating nor lovers. Ok so similar results just different titles and ways. That is what I love about the world so close yet so far, surprises around every corner and differences, if folks did not believe different things and ways think how boring it could be.

Jesus? But some apocrifs say he was’t a virgin and some even say he wasn’t a martyr either.

was there another?
can you name me 3?
One a famous figure, one a normal person, and then third a person who studied and believes in the religious old and new testament quote ," If you remain a virgin you would do even better and will attain full of mortalitiy" and then puts it into practice?

A little tilt then: every virgin guy may be considered martyr. Don’t ask me for names, I don’t know / don’t want to know them.

Summing up everything and complementing women studies.

Since we live in a world that is male dominated, surely no one wants to know virgin martrs that are men. If the virgin man comes to a pack of women or the femine dominated world, this person perhaps would be in trouble, women would adore him constantly.

Like the stories of greek gods, the most dashing Apollo and or angels like.
vice versa , if a man sees a goddess or angel like woman. Therefore, man does not want to know virgin matyrs, for it gives nor reason or support anything. While , women virgin martrs, gives hope and status for women, the fight for right and equality and status.

The End. :wink: