Community

Then I would say to you tentative, your inclination towards reproaching my method of social avoidance is incorrect, logically.

If expectation is harnessing desire to acquired social need, and community is a tool for hinderance and corruption, feeding off the perfidy of social expectation; we are left with naught else but solitude.

And humanity slips even further, and the slope has no end.

Mas,

Entailing opposites. Always. Avoid one or the other? No. See them as the one. Always. :slight_smile:

[i]Sages are like a mirror -
They neither see things off nor go out to meet them,
They respond to everything without storing anything up.
They are thus never injured through the myriad transformations they
undergo.

Huainanzi 6[/i]

Balance and equilibrium. The agitation of heart and mind cannot be present without an internal struggle between reason and passion. Self divided against self. Is it not the mirroring of things as they are that gives us a disposition of peace and self-consumation?

I’m still waiting to hear what the angelic one has as return commentary for my assertions …

Things are not what they seem Mas.

A

Alright you two, it’s time to play then.

So we will have at it.

I don’t know if either of you meditate, so you may not be able to relate.

No esoterics, just actuality. You reach a point of clarity and context within yourself, that isn’t addressable to the outside “self”.

Understand, yes or no?

Stop playing coy lady, and call it like you see it. Nicety time is for romper room … say what you mean.

Mas,

The undifferentiated watcher. Yes.

Still waiting on our other friend, she seems to be avoiding …

Yes

Not avoiding Mas, just have other things besides ILP to do is all.

A

Yes, that which is not swayed by causation. When the watcher is loosed it’s cerebral tethers, it finds all, clear and unfettered by ego.

Here is to be found the “community” that the corporeal does not yield.

Different, but equally important, perhaps superceding the other.

Hi Mas,

Yes, and I would spend my time there. But as long as the body exists, so will ego, and so we must find way-making in duality as well. No small task.

Spirit and body. One may not separate one from the other without agitation. Embracing all that is, including ego, is the heart of way-making. The is the Te of heaven and the Te of humanity. Holding both together in deference is acuity, and acuity is integrity. That is our natural community.

But one who exercises “know thyself” may choose to balance by spending more time in the clarity of the one who sees without knowing, and is therefore, not unbalanced, and whose deference is toward unity, and prevailing over the individuality of ego.

Mas says,

True, but this can only account for a portion of our experiencing. The alternative is a hermetic existence. Are you prepared?

Always.

On the other side of the coin, it may not remain a matter of choice. The lady of the house may opt for my hermetic existence, long before I seek it out myself … LMAO.

=D> =D> Well, it is your choice in leading her to your choice. :laughing: The ONE great truth: we all make our own bullshit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand the longing for the hermetic existence…I could quiet easily do it. But I have responsibilities to my spiritual journey and that according to my method is best accomplished in community. I put out the original post as a sort of encouragement, not really trying to convince anyone of anything. It’s just what resonates with me.

A

I understand angelic one.

It’s just a matter of a public forum, where other’s may necessarily feel inclined to word a different ideology, from the author’s original intent.

No misstep intended, my apologies if your thread drifted in an unacceptable manner.

There is no need for you to apologise Mas. Simply expressing that I understand and also that I have no desire to change your mind. Please, continue with your conversation.

A

Allow me to “correct” my blissfully tentative friend: With the lady of my house … choices are not viable or plausible, without her express consent. Anything but complete obedience and devotion is met with gradient degrees of displeasure. :astonished:

LOL.

“Community” is grand, especially when that is your family. :evilfun:

LOL, apparently the wife has learned how to train children quite well. :laughing: I suffer the same zero tolerance issues. I can’t figure out why, 'cause I’m such a sweetie. :wink: Oh well, just one of the perils of living in a ‘community’.