The ultimate and the inexpressible

The state of no-mind is the state of the divine. God is not a thought but the experience of thoughtlessness. It is not a content in the mind; it is the explosion when the mind is content-less. It is not an object that you can see; it is the very capacity to see. It is not the seen but the seer. It is not like the clouds that gather in the sky, but the sky when there are no clouds. It is that empty sky.

When the consciousness is not going out to any object, when there is nothing to see, nothing to think, just emptiness all around, then one falls upon oneself. There is nowhere to go–one relaxes into one’s source, and that source is God.

Your inner being is nothing but the inner sky. The sky is empty, but it is the empty sky that holds all, the whole existence, the sun, the moon, the stars, the earth, the planets. It is the empty sky that gives space to all that is. It is the empty sky that is the background of all that exists. Things come and go and the sky remains the same. 

In exactly the same way, you have an inner sky; it is also empty. Clouds come and go, planets are born and disappear, stars arise and die, and the inner sky remains the same, untouched, untarnished, unscarred. We call that inner sky sakshin, the witness--and that is the whole goal of meditation. 

Go in, enjoy the inner sky. Remember, whatsoever you can see, you are not it. You can see thoughts, then you are not thoughts; you can see your feelings, then you are not your feelings; you can see your dreams, desires, memories, imaginations, projections, then you are not them. Go on eliminating all that you can see. Then one day the tremendous moment arrives, the most significant moment of one's life, when there is nothing left to be rejected. All the seen has disappeared and only the seer is there. That seer is the empty sky. 

[i]To know it is to be fearless, and to know it is to be full of love. To know it is to be God, is to be immortal.[/i]
  • Osho

A

One could almost say that he is suggesting that rather than seeking, it is in the letting go of seeking that one transcends self and duality. Of course, I might be wrong about that. :wink:

Who said anything about seeking?

A

#-o #-o #-o Sorry, I forgot. Women are allowed to change their minds at any given moment. :smiley:

Always context JT. Always.

I know you say this in jest (sort of), but do you not see how condescending that statement is. Firstly it is totally disrespecting women and secondly we are all here to learn and thus one would hope that we are all continuously changing our minds. And finally, I have not ever suggested seeking JT except for those that seek. I have only ever advocated cultivating JT.

A

And we only squabbled over this for six months… Excuse me me for my discriminatory statement. I’ll bow out.

I’ve always maintained that you were projecting images of your own making onto my words. you were squabbling because of what you thought I was saying. In anycase, the real argument between your good self and my self wasn’t about seeking. It was always in my view about knowing and not knowing.

A

I do believe there is some re-writing of history, but that’s OK. The nice thing about knowing is KNOWING isn’t it? No hesitation, no questions, just knowing. The field is yours.

There are many gods…
The god that uses the unconscious mind – may just be the “universal mind”.

When the human brain stops processing and doing many things, its systems are left free to “pick up on” universal ressonance.

I hope that all of you disown monotheism soon.

Depends what you call “immortal”.
One layer of the body could feel or be “immortal”, but then this one layer of the body may actually call for so much attension that the other layers get neglected, left to die.

Example:
Devotion to the astral plane,
Devotion to the emotional,
Devotion to the mental,
Devotion to the real,
etc.
This causes the human focus and the human energy to spend its time developing and feeding one part of its system.

I can’t help but feel that Osho got a bit buzzed. He really likes what he is talking about, thus he will be partial and biased when he talks about it.

I’ll say something about seeking:

A mage who is capable of controlling and effecting parts of reality shows that he understands/in-connected-to-it so well that he can actually change or use it.

Unlike religious promises for salvation and divine reward, there are a few mages who do not serve any gods, thus showing that their power is their own, not from any of the gods.

Learning something like psionics – this is what I think real “spiritual progress” is. This brings a REAL understanding of the hidden and the “supernatural” – to the point in which that REAL understanding brings REAL results & REAL abilities.

Religions like Christianity farther retarded human evolution by preaching lies about creation, 1 god, and the claim that higher brain function is the work of the devil.

But… In Tibet… There I do not look down upon the religion. Any miracles that they preform after much traing developing REAL abilities – shows that they are more true.

I think human spirituality should be the development and understanding of personal, “supernatural” ability – instead of chasing after gods and ideologies.

I think Osho is wrong about this nirvana being God. Krishna exists past … nirvana is it? or Brahman?

Krishna and Christ both suggest you focus on their face; which makes one wonder. I think His face is Truth; and it presents in different ways in different places. Consciousness wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t for Truth; there would be no coherence, no light, no sanity.