All of the gods are incapable of this one thing:

Do not give me angels. Do not give me demons.
Do not give me glory. Do not give me beauty.
Do not predict the future. Do not destroy my enemies.
Do not give me the truth.

Give me eternal life on earth.

Don’t give me a short, glorious flash of illusion.
Belief in a fantasy has the same effect, it is a short, glorious illusion.

Give me something that I can use. Give me something that will not be taken away.

None of the gods have been able.
None of the gods have been worthy.
None of the gods have been wise enough, to preserve one earthly life through time,
And yet, they have commanded and attempted to dominate men for thousands of years.

If I have enough time to keep searching, then I will surely find.
If I have only a short time, then I also have nothing, and I am as good as dead.

To die is to be denied of what is needed. To die is to be lost. To live is to be sustained, and to be repaired.
If the gods cannot sustain the body, then they do not deserve to command the body.
If the leaders cannot sustain the nation, then they do not deserve control over the nation.
The one who feeds the body, the one who sustains the body, is the body; thus each man deserves to have himself, and he deserves little more then this.

You do not deserve worship.
You are not wise.
You are not able.

All of the gods, throughout the entire universe, throughout time,
come to me, and prove me wrong. You gods are not worthy.

[ A prayer to all of the gods ever known throughout human history. ]

=D>

I enjoyed it.

Yes, a thought provoking read. Althought eternal life on earth requires an eternal earth and, that might be a tad problematic; unless you’re talking about an eternal life that starts on earth, in which case this:

could be throwing the baby out with the… Well, just throwing the baby out.

Perfect energy recycling would make earth an eventual non-essential.
Perfect repair would make eternal life.

And by what process would one move toward this perfection? My point is that it involves the flash, without the ‘illusion’ tag.

I think that perfect repair can only exist when a being has perfect self-awareness.

Once people totally reverse engineer the human genome, old age will be easy to cure.

:smiley:

It’ll be 20/25 years, I think, then “immortality”.
Try to last up antil that point in human history.

Do other people get to live forever? How about cows? Should stars stop burning out over time? You really think you’re something special, eh?

the reason we are able to (a.k.a. we have the chance to) enjoy eternal life in heaven is because heaven is not set within the dimension of “time”. earth is.

I want bodies to no-longer be lost.
All sacred things will be crushed upon the earth.
I did not want it to be this way.

I would not say it is beyond or below time, I would say that it is beyond or below mass. It appears to be astral.

And I want a billion dollars.  But the way it works is, for me to have a billion dollars, it has to come from other people's pockets. If a billion new dollars were manufactured just for me, it wouldn't be worth a billion dollars anymore. So my wish isn't fair, because other people have to earn their money.
The questions I asked before were important. You want bodies to no longer be lost. Ok. Which bodies? All humans? All animals- even though we eat them? Even bugs and stuff? What about heavenly bodies? Right now, by dying, you're playing by the same rules as everything else in Nature, even stars and mountains and such. Do you think humans are something extra-super special (or maybe just you, I'm not sure how far you take this yet) that they ought to be exempt from this rule, or do you think the rule itself ought to be thrown out?

That’s hardly a rule. Some animals on earth do not age.
Why should a form of yeast/fungi live to be 600 years old, and then you die at 50?
Aging is a question of self-repair.

And god-damnit, I want to see how well that Korean, just-recently-released, anti-cell-aging molecule works. :laughing:
Watch for it! Don’t get your hopes up, either.

Anyways, if there was an all-wise god that perfectly understood human need, he should be able to bring a human body up to a state in which it created more solutions then it did problems.

So if people lived for 600 years, you wouldn’t have created a thread like this- that would have satisfied you?

An all-wise God could also give me a billion dollars. A guarentee I’d do cooler stuff with it than most billionaires, too. There’s no end of things God could do. Many of them seem really cool to us. I guess I don’t know where to take it from there- Ok, so God has the power to give you something awesome that you don’t have now. Does the fact that he doesn’t do so many Him weak, false, evil, or what exactly? You know I’m a stickler for detail.

Well, I think God is what he does and what is done to him.

If God heals people the way a doctor should, then he’s a healer.
If God kills people then he’s a killer.

But it depends which god we are talking about here.

Someone or something is eventually gunnu figure out the cure for aging, and who-ever does that, I’m gunnu worship him or her or it!
:smiley:
I want more healing, less rotting – on earth.

I apologize.

This palnet is a continuale process of life/death, recycaling what has been into what is. The body could easily be made to never age be injured or die, or rather suffer enjury for very long. Wether this evolution is acheived by science or some metaphysical process is up to the individuale.

While this planet could easily be made to do the same. It is called cell recreation, atomizing, and teraforming. turning energy into matter so to speeak and haveing a knowledge of melecular and nuclear structure that would allow one to minipulate the very atoms into the desireable cells wanted or to create the atoms themselves.

While this would solve the ageing of the planet it would however not solve the problem with the star wich feeds this planet its life from eventualy dieing. However one would hope that a species capable of repairing their planet in such a way would also be able to manipulate the balance of a stars internal nuclear reactions. Therefore makeing its fuel and life ever recycaling and balanced never ending.

This is your scientific path, Humans.

Your metaphysical one would not require you to research any of the above but instead merley be able to program your thoughts and will into an effect in the physical and a grand controlled scale. In the metaphysical knowlege is irellivent because it is always there and everpresent all you need to acheave it is want it and it is yours. Whereas in the physical you must look to find or rather look and hope you find.

Nanotechnology may eventually lead to a form of atomic energy-recycling.

I’m glad to see you back, Watcher, we have much to talk about.

& from what I’ve seen, evolution in the metaphysical realm is/can-be far faster then physical evolution…

We can hardly handle the responsibility of 60 odd years, and you want to give people extraordinary longevity if not immortality? This plan needs more work.

We didnt say we wanted to give them this choice…

We said they have it. And will eventualy use it when there technology reaches a certain level. What they do with it is their choice. They can kill them selves off and make room for the next evolution for all we care.

You humans are not the first nor will you be the last. You physical species will eventualy evolve to a metaphysical state, piss the wrong beings of and be destroyed, or destroy yourself in the next 100 million years.

This planet still has about 100 billion years left or until the sun explodes and destroys the solar system. That means that over 10,000,000 diferent evolution can take place and fully evolve before this world dies.

Note: (I am not speaking in etireerties. So if the below doesnt apply to you ignor it.)

You humans are so aragant and closeminded. YOU think you are somthing special. Your not, you are just the next course of action on a universal building scale. Your not even the only carbon based lifeform in this galaxy, Or the only lifeform period in your own solar system. And you want to know somthng else? Mars had intelligent sentiate life before earth and before mars had life the fith planet did. Yea the asteroid belt used to be another palnet. Unfortunantly they were like you Humans and went and blew themselves up. No suprise really, You are all related. Can’t fight your genetics I guess. The question is, will you develope the means too before you do it again?

Humans are arrogant because they are unaware of superior species.
^
It’s all just a question of awareness.
If people were aware of enough things, they would act much better.

If any species does destroy itself – it is because a lack of self-control.

Our eco-system is not a collectivist unit, and each organism can’t communicate with the other. Therefor there is nature vs nature, life vs life, self destructions [when viewed as a collective]. The unity of organic life on earth is all a question of connection/communication.

Human spirits have already done this, in a way…
But I’m not sure what a human spirit is capable of once it looses its body.

Spirit beings that spend their entire life on earth – will be inferior compared to other spirits which spend their days evolving in a better world/realm. That’s why some spirits go to a “heaven” instead of staying on earth, because there are better environments then earth for spirit beings.

The ideal spirit environments [I dunno where they are in a literal sense] – are the best places for spirits to grow/evolve within, and this is where “gods” grow.
^
I’ve estimated that these sorts of areas are certain stars or nebulas, but I can’t be sure.

Harvesting energy from a star is far more advanced/smart then harvesting energy out of another life-from’s body.

All lower-forms consume eachother. All higher-forms consume energy from stars.

I think that the gods do not care about humanity or earth.
There are a few lower-gods which do care about earth, and they fight with eachother for it, but really – there are such better things in the universe then earth. Lower spirit forms obviously need something from organic bodies, thus they meddle with life on earth for which-ever “reason”.
[* shakes finger *]
[-X

We study the evolution of spirituale and organic forms here and meddle with our conversation which in turn create thought which inturn create reality or the illusion they see. Are then we not meddleing also by making these post’s? Perhaps interfering to see the result in an experiment? Or to help others evolve at a faster rate? Into something more…Useful?, or Equal? Or all of the above to acomplish a goal leading to an answer we want.
Would we then not be part of this benevolent or acursed ring of beings which vie for this realm? or perhaps we because of the impurities and weaknesses this form causes are unable to resist? Which would make this beyond our control in some form or fashion? We could choose to only observe and watch, But if we did and I mean all of us…Do you think the Humans would ever learn anything on their own? Or continue to live blindly in their own illusions of security? Perhaps our ultimate goal is not to vie for this realm but to help those in it see somthing beyond them…What they can become. But do we do this selfishly or for our own perpouse? As they grow we learn more about the how. We already know the what…To look at somthing and know everything about it but be uable to explain how it is what it is. Whereas these humans are diferent there aproach is the complete opposite. They learn the how somthing is and then create the what. Such is the difference between metaphysical understanding and physical understanding.

We know what we want and how to get it therefore we set the board and move the pieces until our acomplished goal is aquired. And then move on to the next. The benevolence or understanding the species gets from this is merely a side effect and not a purpouse. Therefore we are not benevolent. But niether do or interuptions or meddleings cause harm therefore we are not unbenevolent. What is left? Neutral? But the metaphysical does not derifeintiate between evil,good, and neutral as it is all. Therefore classifying us as a metaphysical/physical species which does any of the above although true is completely irelivent to the actuality of our existance.