How many son/s or daughters does God have?

easy question I think

IF you can give me a number surely you can give me their names

Is it just Jesus or is it numerous childrean for in the bible they say if you are clean and righteous you are the children of God,

What did Jesus teach?
God as a Father and the Brotherhood of Man. Jesus elevated a God of the race to a God of the individual and expanded the Jewish belief that a man’s neighbor was not only one of your own race, but all men.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you-Love Your neighbor as you love yourself.
I think it’s safe to conlude that the moment one believes in the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of mankind as Jesus proclaimed it, that individual becomes a “Child Of God”

If we were created by God that means that we are all his children. I guess Jesus was just his favorite. And I say unto God thy father, “whatever!”

The creator is just as evil, stupid and degrading as his creation.
All of one’s actions ARE the self.

Jewish beliefs are untrue. They combine partial moral “truths” with nature. That’s a bad mix. Evolution is the fact.

Does that include involuntary or subconscious actions?

Actually, evolution is considered a theory, not a fact.

True, but by what definition of theory? In the common language (i.e. the language of creationists) theory = hypothesis: a tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; “a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory”; “he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices”
A somewhat different definition is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; “theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses”; “true in fact and theory”

It is by definition #2 that evolution is a theory. Number one does not pertain to evolution at all. On the other hand, religious beliefs most definetly fit definition #1.

So, as you can all agree,

= FAAAAAAALSE

And all this comes from speculation on behalf of the finite towards the infinite.
A limited viewpoint, indeed, if you ask me.

God doesn’t care about actions, he cares about motives.

Motives ARE the self, NOT actions.

We take if you have seen a species evolve from a lesser complex to a more complex form? This kind of news would have hit big if it was true. Theory is only a theory and not fact. Theories are suported by evidence and in many cases evidence can mean more than one thing. The same piece of evidence can support 2 contradictory theories at the same time as well.

If you take theories as fact on faith, then you are turning science into a religion. Science is based on fevidence, and observation, not acceptance of theories as facts!

a bit over 6.5 billion :slight_smile:

Thank you, but I think you are wrong. Did you include the people who were dead, and those that would be born? or that is the maxim, and people just reincarnate and reborn.

:laughing:

Staying in Christian paradigm: one, physically, being the Christ, and some 6 billion, spiritually, all of us.

I can see now that a similar answer has been given before. To give some more spice to mine then, I’d ask you the following:

If you take Christian God as the only one, what does your question imply? That he had more messangers or that some of us aren’t his children? If not, question is not to be. If yes, restate it.

deceased or living and what era are we speaking of?

Throws real facts & the corner-stone of biology into the trash

Wont me needing this!

Goes to the dollar store and buys an American flag & a cross

Ah, now I’m a good person!
Cultural dogma for all!

Um, scientists actually call it “The Theory of Evolution.” :unamused: Surely the truth isn’t inconvenienced by the facts? [-X

Let’s not make a theory into a religious dogma, okay? :slight_smile:

Pheadrus is right.

After reading that, I remember what my teacher told me, the beginning and at the end is always the most rememberable part of the story.

So I say the only things that gets read the most is probably page 1, or the question, and then the last page, or the last answer or comment. Unless the between pages is 1 and 2.