Would you rather have a son or a daughter? why.

What is advantage of a son or a daughter, if they are not good and unwilling to behave or study. how can we discipline the bad behavior into good ones?

This has nothing to do with religion.

Post in mundane babble, please!

well it might not be mundane babble i think this is phiosophy or social sicence. unless you feel the need to use religion as a disciplinary tool which would turn a kid to atheist faster then shaking a stick.

My sons adored me but ripped up my house. My daughter thought I was annoying and ripped apart my brain. Hmmm.

Now, my sons have found women and forget to call me, and my daughter and I are best friends. It’s a even toss-up for me.

wow… that’s… exactly what i was going to say.

alright. good job dan~

the only mundane babble, are really the mudane replies.

thank you bessy for your response.

You need to first find out why they are giving you headaches. Then you go from there. Kids are a mass of emotional confusion, hormones, and are expected to learn academics while learning life. Some kids find all the learning a bit overwhelming and lash out with out realizing why. Take em fishing go play with them learn what makes them tick, that is your job as a parent. Not just getting them to obey and behave. Besides you will find a deeper relationship if you take the time. Think of it as a band aid for their personality.

I have a son, I have been around nieces and nephews, I prefer Boys, less stress and if my boy does to me what Bessy’s has done well, I got 21 yrs from him and that ain’t bad, I know folks that have had less.

Daughter who listens to Maiden and likes Akira Kurosawa.

imparital.

i think it dosent matter.

life is a gift and it is all relevant on how you raise them.

but if i had to id say a boy.

…becasue i intend to use my children as free labor

I want one of each… but definantly boy first.

Call me a little archaic but… a lil sis for a Big bubba to take care of helps to put things into perspective. Its funny how sibs fight all day long but love each other anyways for the things that they do for each other. I think a solo child is such a waste of potential. Everyone needs a sibling they can fight and be friends with.

Having 8 siblings and having one child, I must disagree with you Astral, Both have benifits and drawbacks. Our son has recieved more from us educationally then we ever got from our 4 parents. Sure he missed out on the comraderie but he got more life skills, He was lonely at times but, he had friends and went everywhere with us, he was never left behind with a sitter. He could lose that self centered youthful ego but, it is no worse then any 21 yr old. In many ways he got to stay a child much longer then we did. Having sibs tends to bring maturity on faster. He got to be a kid. Which is important for strong healthy mental growth. He works hard, has a fine sense of direction and an even finer sense of family. His major disadvantage is: When we die he will be alone in his grief no one to share with.

The advantages to having sibs well, not being real close to all of them the only thing is that we won’t be alone.

Why dissagree so much? Go by the numbers alone.

Most children who have siblings would never wish their sibs would never have been born. Yes many do say it but when pressed they would immediately say they dont really mean it. They will always enjoy having extra sibs.

Most children without sibs wished they had them. Because they become jealous of the relationship they see in other sibs, and they long for a friendship that seems out of reach for them.

All over the world, all throughout humanity, and its history you see people want and NEED companionship. While yes a parent can keep a single child preoccupied enough with other things they still have missed something without siblings.

I would say that there is far more dissadvantage to solo children than those who have at least 1 sib.

It is only the rare duck that does not seek to obtain companionship.

I would have to agree with Kris, of having more than one sibling, to the extent or point to that alone, child, is mentally retarded or disable in some way and cannot function as an average person or lack the capacity to function averagely.