what is the difference between angels and archangels?

someone tell this. is it that archangels are the popular known angels. And angels are just good but are not well known? If you were a chrisitian or a good person, you would be an angel in the afterlife. Right? How is it that one becomes an archangel?

No, I beleive to be an angel you must be made an angel in the first place. People just become, I dunno, souls.

sacred-texts.com/oto/index.htm
^
More esoteric documents then you can shake a holy-book at!

If you did enough searching you could figure it all out, but that’d not be easy. Worth a shot, though, right?

sacred-texts.com/chr/index.htm
^ - Christian documents here.

This is what I have been taught on the subject of Angels. All of “creation” emanates from God in succeeding stages of lesser and lesser perfection. Angels are merely lesser but still completely spiritual emanations of God’s divine being and direct manifestations of his will. Thus as we see in the Bible, angels are a medium of God’s power; they exist to execute God’s will. In this sense angels are temporary manifestations of divine attributes rather than fixed created beings which develop an identity part from God. Although they appear to be separate beings this is merely caused by the limitations of human perception. What the Bible refers to as “angels” are actually representations of thoughts operating in God’s awareness. This means that angels unlike other conscious emanations, for instance humans, do not have free will. Angels’ only desire is to do God’s will because they are merely God’s will personified. Psalm 103:20-21 states,

"Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure."

In this scheme I assume that archangels are merely beings who are closer to the whole of the One, closer to God than lower forms ie angels, spirits ect. Interesting theological area anway, whatever you believe.

I dunno, ask the Pope!

It is logical that the archangels are closer to god then the regular so call angels. I was just wondering why people uses the term archangels and angels.

No, man. “Angel” is a generic name used by most people to denote a being that intermediates between man and God. It comes from the Greek “angelos” and it means messenger. You should have mentioned the framework, but I reckon you’re talking about the Christian doctrine about angels. In this respect, there are 12 categories of angels, divided in ranks by their importance or something. I’m not completely sure, but I think the seraphims are the highest in rank, while common angels are lowest.

I can tell you more, I’m acquainted with the subject, but you could read the article on Wikipedia and other related stuff. When it comes to information, the Internet is a broad source.I’ll look through it and add the surplus I know.

• First Hierarchy:
    LiquidAngel
    o Seraphim (Polish the heavenly silverware)
    o Cherubim
    o Thrones or Ophanim
    • Second Hierarchy:
      o Principalities
      o Virtues
      o Powers
    • Third Hierarchy:
      o Dominions
      o Archangels
      o Angels (clean the celestial toilets)

Spot the deliberate mistake.

According to Wikipedia you’ve swapped Dominions with Principalities.

Hmm, I could’ve sworn there were 12.

Can you give the popular names for each?

back to my question on the thread. So angels clean celestial toliets? And archangels do what?

Of course - glad to help:

Angel Species:-----------Common Name:--------Divine Function:

o Seraphim----------------Barry--------------------Drape-puller
o Cherubim---------------Scooter------------------Golf-Cart maintainance
o Thrones or Ophanim----Phillip-------------------Yodelling
o Principalities------------Vanessa------------------Meusli arranger
o Virtues-------------------Ebineezer---------------Nasal-hair management
o Powers------------------Tony----------------------Amusing anecdote writer
o Dominions---------------Taluleh-------------------Nectar pourer
o Archangels--------------The great Squeezo------Gum-massuese
o Angels ------------------Tim ------------------------Privvy-hygene

And here - rare footage of Big JC in action.

I felt what you said are pretty much taboo, since your screen name is tabula. Therefore, I cannot accept your response as a serious one. :frowning:
But I am glad you try to help. :slight_smile: