reality, only 1% experiencable by the 5 senses

video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= … 8&q=matrix

Check the first parts of this, he makes a good statement about metaphysics.

D. Icke’s opinion about reality seems really long winded. I haven’t watched it yet, and honestly I don’t know if I could sit through 2 hours and 7 minutes of somebody lecturing about their pseudo scientific theories on reality.

I personally think that D.Icke has a big head, from an over inflated ego.

since metaphysics isn’t real, reality, we can’t experience it through real terms. We experience about 70% of reality through our senses, the 30% is extrapolation by our brain. but, this actual number can vary from person to person. Some people are much more keen at seeing what’s going on than others. Some people assign behaviour to others that isn’t actually happening. My guess is that D.Icke suffers from severe inflation of self worth.

He perhaps only does experience 1% of reality, because he’s got his head in pseudo science clouds, I would say he is right.

“Faith” – by Jesus’s original definition – is belief, confidence, etc.
Powerful “Faith” is the full or powerful use of the mind.

What do you mean here: since metaphysics isn’t real reality? What is ‘real’ reality? Metaphysics is a philosophical term, not a scientific one.

I’m not sure what you mean here. Could you clarify?

“What is real?”, is a philosophical question not a scientific one.

What is real to me, is completely different than what is real to you or to D.Icke and his wonderful beaver.

Which I tried explaining in my previous post… all reality enters the filter of our brain before hitting our “Central Processing Unit” as it were. Some people, especially those with mental illnesses apply stronger filters before it reaches their “CPU”. That’s why they “see” or “hear” things that other people don’t. Like ghosts, and other metaphysical stuff is simply accounted for through mental illness.

That doesn’t mean that you’re defective, if you are still able to function in society you “technically” are not mentally ill. perhaps also the term “mentally ill” is to narrow a breadbasket to throw these types of people into. Certainly, Escher had this type of extreme filter as did Salvador Dali. If something leads to incredible paintings that leads to questions of our own existence, it can’t be all bad right? Certainly imagination comes from this filter. Mental illness in the extreme could simply be called an overactive imagination right? You hear the voices and see the people and actually respond to them like they are there.

More butterly dreaming junk.

If the retard is only perceiving 1% of reality how in crap would he know any better? Logic destroys this stupid thing.

Scyth,

Exactly.

I understand your last post, but I’m missing the fundamental direction you’re coming from with the one before it it seems. Do you think that all humans, regardless of their place on the IQ scale perceive about 1% of scientifically proven ‘reality’ or 'defined universal matter density? I ask because while Ick’s assertions are quite ambitious, the actual number he’s coming from is quite accurate scientifically (if I’m not mistaken). It came about with the publishment of the charged electro magnetic spectrum. It’s actually more about 1/millionth of ‘reality’ but whatever.

But yeah, I fully agree with your metaphor if you disregard the numbers and approach at another angle. I’ll use Dali as an example here because he’s actually a really good case. Dali was just an ordinary arrogant artist (he refused to write his art school finals because he claimed to be smarter than the teacher) while he wasn’t painting, but to paint he claimed to fall into what he called an ‘irrational trance’ or something like that, I can’t remember. The point is that perhaps this irrational portal he dips his cerebric brush into to paint in points ‘beneath the waters’ so to speak. In other words, our world, our quantum frequency is above the water, and the other 99% is below.

So while metaphysical concepts themselves are not ‘real’, we are taking in that 1 millonth, and then, like you said, it gets split up according to whatever mental schemata that individual happens to have. 70/30, 99/1

At least that seems to be my impression from the recent scientific models I’ve seen. I could be mistaken.

The metaphysical is not capable of being fully explained by science because it is itself a primitive tool as yet. This does not mean it cant or isnt real. Because your mind says somthing does or doesnt exist does not mean that it does or doesnt. It is your perception of reality. Who are you to say somthing is not real because someone is able to “see” things you cant?

Mental illness is not an illusion it is a function of a part of the brain that is dorment for most, but some people who have these gifts are Sensitive to them and do not understand them therefore driving themselves “Insane” and hurting themselves or others. What they see “is” real. wether to them or everyone else and sometimes these things hurt those that see them. Your perception of the world around you is your reality however much of it you can experiance with your limited forms. Eventualy you will experiance more. There are many more cases of mental illness as you put most would say Skitophrenia or some other term poping up every year. The mind is evolveing to see these other things other parts, so get used to it. Just because YOU cant see it does not mean it is not there. What you cant see can still effect you and does on an everyday basis.

I wouldn’t be so eager to claim that my visible one billionth was “real” whilst the rest was “not-real”.

All forms within the physical realm project their own behaviors in a ressonant fashion. The whole is a collective of the behavior of each. Physical laws are not omnipresent law/rule, they are local & popular, optional behavior, which is ressonated outward by/from the selves.

I agree Dan,

Like I said… it’s there, we only perceive a very small amount; this is directly correlated with our belief systems, which project the reality manifests we see.

Dan if you perceive 1/millionth of reality, that’s not perceiving reality.

The title for this thread sounds much like the arguments posed by Montaigne regarding the problems of using empirical methods to arrive at scientific conclusions. Montaigne gives four reasons, and the fact that we may not be (and now provably are not) capable of perceiving the totality of reality, that we lack all of the necessary senses to do so, is one of them.

The other two are that our senses are potentially deceptive and that the scientific method suffers an eternal regress.

There are two forms of energy, philosophemer.
What are they?
As I’m told: “Kenetic & potential energy.”

Why can our eyes only see light – if light is only a certain sort of a larger energy class/group? Why take in a form of energy but only understand part of it instead of understanding the whole? Why would a man not fully understand light-speed if light has been taken into his eyes & brain?

Sight = limited behavior spectrum awareness.

The mind [through the senses] reformats a limited spectrum of behavior observed. Through imagination the mind can synthesize reality, using memories & experiences as the building blocks of the synthetic reality within the mind. The synthetic reality within the mind is used to predict and understand the outter world.

The mind predicts & understands behavior because it wants to control or compinsate for behavior outside of the self.

Because of our ability to control the world around us being so limited, our mind only takes on a small amount of reality to deal with.

Preception spectrum is directly relative to potential control.

Humanity has the most technology & power on earth right now [compared to other species] – because humanity has the most understanding.

If and when a group of beings are vastly aware of reality-- then they will soon be vastly powerful, also. “Knowledge is power”.

What is real is what affects us, directly or indirectly.