Who can challenge God?

Dan, this kind of question is almost anti-philosophy.

=D>

I would never challenge God. I’m sure he could kick my ass at anything. Maybe not crossword puzzles. Maybe Bible crossword puzzles he could.

Yeah. Definitely Bible crossword.

Not regular, or the Sunday Times, though.

Maybe.

Yeah, he probably would.

An atheistic society cannot work. Leaders of men, not the workers, should, ideally, be atheist.

scythekain

what kind of motorcycle is that? Is that the cosplay for Akira anime?

faust~

kris~

We have a man , that will never challenge god, while we have a woman who will challenge God. What does that mean?

dan that is not a fair comparision man vs woman. It is a human vs human. Gender has no meaning on this., shame on you. [-X
:laughing:

Faust just sees things from his ways, which are different then mine. I was raised to challenge things that I perceive as wrong or broken, be it laws or beliefs or even my own parents who raised me in such a way.
I perceive things different but, it does not mean it is better. There is the saying about run away to fight another day. Sometimes it is smarter to not challenge. I tend to be stubborn and forget that little phrase when it might be prudent not to forget it.
I stand by what I said but, I defend anyones right to think the opposite.
I won’t be afraid of repercussions, mainly because I don’t believe there will be any and also because, Once I put my foot down I find it rather hard to move it even if it would be wiser and safer. I would rather face death then face myself and explain why I quit my ideals and beliefs.

Yeah, I am different. I would definitely rather not face death than stand for my ideals. You put a gun to my head, especially an omnipotent gun, and I’ll cave. Eternal Hell is an idea I’d rather not explore firsthand.

I’m happy to challenge people who believe in God. But not the Big Guy himself. Even then, if the people had the power to do me harm, I would sit in the first pew. Testosterone aside, you have to know when you are outmatched.

Jack shit…?

Oh thats what I stepped in, Yeeech, Can’t he clean up after himself.

Good call, Gobbo.

meh,

people need something to believe in, hence the rise of global warming among the liberal atheists.

Simple, deny people the right to believe what they have for millenia. Deny freedom of idealogy.

The only thing is, that this isn’t a purely atheistic stance, my point wasn’t that it was, my point was that even the atheistic stance can be corrupted and used to control people. (and even used to harm people.)

Stalin, for example, declared himself god. He didn’t deny the right to believe in the supernatural. He declared himself the supernatural. Actually, I’m not sure he did declare himself anything, but he did reach that supernatural status.

Bollocks. He didn’t glow in the dark or anything.

His ubiquitous image and awe-inspiring presence were fueled by the “media-coverage” of the time and the fact that people feared his agents (“Do you know what Nemesis means ?..”). But yes, I suppose the whole gesticulation surrounding Stalin did resemble some sort of religious reflex, without his person being strictly regarded as “Supernatural”. You’ve got to give people more credit. They’re not that stupid.

NONE can challenge God.

Neither does God mind that you question Him.

Question all things so that you might learn the truth! But Gods greatest weakness is stronger than the greatest strength of ANY man! All have fallen short of the Glory of God.

astral,

Exd 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:

I think I’d rather fall short of that “glory”.

How do you know? were you ever in the dark with him?

Well that’s my whole point, people who claim to be “great” figures and lead the sheeple are usually horrible people. Hitler believed he was the second coming of christ.

(but, god or not it doesn’t matter, there are always those who will rise to the occasion to use others.)

If you feel that your god is being unjust and cruel, it is morally reprehensible to not challenge, just questioning is almost as bad as groveling. I think heaven filled with fearful souls would be a dismal place. i would make reservations elsewhere.

Objectively speeking, all of “God’s” evil – is actually just Jewish bullshit.
The “God” of the Jews was the embodiment of Jewish culture and Jewish world-views.

Objectively, “God” is some kind of mega creature which humans can’t even see, and sure-as-heck they can’t communicate with it…

well that is why we use the words if and possible and think. One can never be certain no way no how and if you are certain then well, you are certain and no amount of talking will change it. To believe that you are going to change someone who is certain you may as well go do this ](*,)
LOL

Ideas about god are purely estimation, therefor a person’s foundational information should be targeted, if you want to cause changes in their view.

That’s why the elsewhere is made to look like such a horrible place.