Prove to me that reality is not eternal

I’m tiered of the idea that our universe did not always exist.

• The universe is a closed system.
  • Energy is invincible.

The very idea that time was born sets its existence in a position of being merely an effect, when infact, it is a container of all cause and effect, a container of change and motion.

Motion could not come from non-motion.
Change is eternal.

Big Bang and creation are flawed ideas.

The Big Bang theory never claims that the universe did not always existed. In fact, one of the three possibilities of the expanding universe is called a ‘closed’ universe (‘open’ and ‘flat’ are the other) which expands for a while and then starts shrinking untill it collapses on itself possibly leading to an other Big Bang.

So, what if the universe has always existed but frequently changes its size (expanding and shrinking). Big Bang theory doesn’t exlcude this possibility but merely explains the expanding.

If the expansion rates change speed from faster to slower, now and then; this is no-longer a form of enertia, it’s more like breathing, and dependent upon the density of the whole. If there is more fission then gravity, there must be expansion, otherwise there will be shrinking.

If everthing went “boom” them why are galaxies in clusters? Why did things spread out so un-evenly if it usedto all be 1 form of energy.

And how the hell did hydrogen reactions make all of the elements we have today?

They start to make up “dark matter”, “exotic matter” and whatever the hell else that is un-observed, to help support the idea that expanding and change somehow validate the need for a beginning & a zero point.

…I need to sleep…

Dan quote - Big Bang and creation are flawed ideas.

Think simple mate, God wrote the “creation program” then snapped his fingers to start it.
THAT was the Big Bang :wink:

“God of the Gaps”

Dan the evidence for the big bang is really quite simple. Since you think that the universe is eternal, what do you make of all the galaxies rushing away from eachother? Are you familiar with the Big bang V.S Steady State model history? The problems with a steady universe are now abundant, part of the reason why Einstien called the cosmological constant the biggest blunder of his life.

That’s what I said. Except he doesn’t interfere with his creation.

acutally, I was always taught that the the big bang theory puts forth that the universe is eternal. matter cannot be created or destroyed, but it certainly undergoes a lot of changes. the big bang simply marks the change that started this. this state of things is decaying rapidly and it is predicted that the future holds another turn over. another “big bang” perhaps.

from what I’ve encountered, people don’t really talk about this so much because our minds cannot fathom infinity. I’ve never understood why we cant fathom infinity, I guess because we, as humans are not infinite in our current state of being. maybe our brains haven’t had the time to develop that far.
whatever the case, because we cant grasp it, we seem to have a way of not paying attention to the idea of it…and those that do go crazy.

All it really says is that all matter was condensed into a point. From that point came space and time. Now it is possible that it is connected via a string theory landscape, and so you would have various points in the landscape(various properties of universes) that are stable, Like a ball comming to rest at the bottom of a hill, only this is a mountain with mutiple gulleys. So basically were are connected to a mutli-verse.

I believe in expansion, but not an explosion.

I think that the universe grew, it didn’t chaoticly explode.

The smallest elements reproduced, in a slightly imperfect way, micro leading to macro, antil larger dimensional manifestations of motion could be seen.

But how would you explain the Cosmic Microwave background radiation, then?
It is firmly conlcuded that this radiation is a cooled remnant of the Big Bang itself. The only known source of this radiation is the hot early universe.

Okay, you got me…
How can they tell what temperature the cosmic background radiation is?

It was stumbled upon by someone working for bell labs in the 50’s I think… anways… by accident it was found that there is this background sorce of microwaves which was picked up by a radio satellite dish. Its like when you turn your radio on, and you are in between channels… something like .001 percent of that static is from the big bang. The radiation is highly uniform… wherever you point your dish you pick it up, yet there are small variations in it, which account for the reason we see galaxies today.

Basically from the amount of background radiation we have today they are able to extrapolate what the temperature must have been 14 billion years ago, that would account for the radiation.

By measuring the spectrum of the cosmic microwave background radiation using NASA’s COBE satellite. This radiation’s spectrum is very close to that of a perfect Black body’s with a temperature of 2.725 +/- 0.002 K. You can get more information, if you like, here.

cmb.physics.wisc.edu/polar/ezexp.html

Thanks for the info.
A+ for you.

Getting an A+ from the legendry Dan~ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Incidentally astronomers seem to have flip-flopped in recent times, because for many years they said the universe was expanding as it flew apart after the Big Bang, but that its rate of expansion was slowing down under mutual gravitational attraction, and that eventually it’ll stop expanding and begin to collapse back in on itself to a Big Crunch.
But now they’re saying its rate of expansion is SPEEDING UP and that it won’t therefore collapse !
Are they out of their tree or what?