Alcatraz

Mucius quote - So, like, tell me, o, chara, are Islamists, Buddhists African tribals, New Ageists and the lot indelibly doomed ?

Dunno who that O’Chara bloke is but I went to school with a Jimmy O’Grady…
As for who’s doomed and who’s not, nobody knows, even Paul was big enough not to think he was saved “my conscience is clear but that doesn’t make me innocent…judge nothing ahead of time”(1 Cor 4:3)
In fact I know lots of non-christians who’d make better Christians than some Christians I can think of, so let God sort out who he wants :wink:
We can be sure of one thing, a lot of so-called Christians are going to be left with egg on their clocks when Jesus tells them to get on their bikes -
Jesus said:-“Not all who call me “Lord,Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I’ll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me” (Matt 7:21-23)

Robo quote - BUT, Hinduism has at least 33 million gods.
So, following your reasoning, Hinduism is very different from all religions and hence greater than all religions

Logic it out mister philosopher - Every one of them 33 million must have been krap to let themselves be upstaged by an unknown young country boy carpenter :wink:

So that’s how it works… .

Pretty groundbreaking stuff here… you have your own show yet?

Isis, remember he?

And the Jews passed through Egypt.

Look for a “son of god” in Egyptian religion. =D>

Oh, sorry. It means “friend” in Irish.

Ah, ok, but you’re eschewing the question. The question is whether global redemption is limited to the Christian lot… or do others get a chance too. Because it would seem that in a world of righteousness and retribution what you end up with in the end is the most important thing of all. And, if that is uncertifiable, then why would I not want to be Muslim or, indeed atheist ?

Is the passport towards heaven under the altar of the Christian church ?

So “that’s” how it works… .
Pretty groundbreaking stuff here… you have your own show yet?"
Isis, remember he?
And the Jews passed through Egypt.
Look for a “son of god” in Egyptian religion. =D>"

K: Horus, be the one. recall in the bible jesus
family spent at least 2 years in Egypt and so
once again we have an Egyptian connection to
christianity.

Kropotkin

Mucius quote -Is the passport towards heaven under the altar of the Christian church ?

Dunno bout that mate, check this -

GATECRASHERS by Mick
Some nonchristians arrive at the pearly gates and are met by God -
GOD - “Why should I let you in?”
GATECRASHERS - “Because even though we’re not christians and never actually followed Jesus, we’ve always been nice spiritually-minded people”
GOD - “Are you friends of my son?”
GATECRASHERS - “Er… um…well yes…sort of…”
GOD (calling inside) - “Hey Jesus, somebody here says they’re friends of yours”
JESUS - “Nah, I don’t know them from Adam, tell them to get on their bikes”

Jesus said:-"Not all who call me “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I’ll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me (Matt 7:21)

Great stuff, except that the flying spaghetti monster said it all.

TheZeus quote - Great stuff, except that the flying spaghetti monster said it all

Er… can anyone tell me if I’ve surfed into a kiddies forum by mistake… ??

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

You need to get out more.

The flying spaghetti monster imbued you with that wittiness, OG. Do not take it for granted.

Every time I crack a joke I feel touched by the noodly appendages themselves.

Damn straight.

Point on the doll to where it touched you… :astonished:

So, basically, what Mick is saying here is: “Isn’t it odd that people have different beliefs than me? Isn’t that weird? Like, what are they thinking?”

TheZeus quote - So, basically, what Mick is saying here is: “Isn’t it odd that people have different beliefs than me? Isn’t that weird? Like, what are they thinking?”

I don’t have “beliefs”, I just follow a young carpenter guy :wink:

Just following someone is a belief.

belief (From dictionary.com)

1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
  2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
  3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

See now Mick, if you could only find it in your heart to have opinions about Jesus and not beliefs, all would be well.

Aww Mick – he came to the big leagues. He tried his best… but alas the crowds have spoken.

But fear not my friend… stay, watch and learn. Expand on your beliefs, only when you know them yourself, will you be able to articulate it, and thus argue your standpoint.

“Isn’t it weird that some people don’t think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is hot shit?”