Alcatraz

ALCATRAZ by Mick
In the film “Escape from Alcatraz”, Clint Eastwood blows the socks off his convict pals when he coolly announces “I think I know a way outta here”, and naturally they’re all ears and eagerly want to hear his plan because none of them is dumb enough to say “Nah,not interested!”
Yet amazingly that’s what some people say to Jesus!
Here we are trapped in this prison we call a world, but Jesus tells us “God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners…to release the oppressed” (Luke 4:18 )
Okay Jesus let’s roll :wink:

I respect the message but then again…why him and not all the other people who have taken Clint Eastwood’s role? What makes him so much more believable?

Satori quote - I respect the message but then again…why him and not all the other people who have taken Clint Eastwood’s role? What makes him so much more believable?

The “bust out” message has been pushed by other rebels besides Jesus and Clint :wink:
JAILHOUSE ROCK by Mick
I’ve long believed Elvis and other rock stars were “prophets”, appearing like voices in the stuffy wilderness with the refreshing message “rebel”!
Its as if God sent them into this prison we call a world to free us from the jailhouse…
Jesus said the same thing -
“God has authorised me…to proclaim freedom for the prisoners…” (Luke 4:18 )
And his fans quickly cottoned on -
“Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers” (1 Pet 1:18 )
No doubt in years to come, bewildered scholars will sit down and try to fathom out the hidden meanings behind such profound lyrics from all the Prophets of Rock such as -
“Well you can do anything but stay offa my blue suede shoes” (Elvis)
“See you later alligator, in a while crocodile” (Bill Haley)
“Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!” (Jerry Lee Lewis)
“Be bop a lula she’s my baby” (Gene Vincent)
“A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam bam” (Little Richard)
etc…
Right Elvis?
“Uh-huh”…

hehe witty but I mean like every other religion. Why would one be greater than any other? And why would all be false and only one ring true?

Satori quote - …every other religion. Why would one be greater than any other? And why would all be false and only one ring true?

Try to spot the difference between Christianity and all other religions mate, let me give you a clue -
Islam - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Judaism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Sikhism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Buddhism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Hinduism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Spiritism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Bahai - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Jainism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Shinto - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Taoism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Zoroastanism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Paganism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Rastafarianism - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Scientology - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Chinese traditional - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
African tribal - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Cao Dai - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Tenrikyo - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
New Age - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
Unitarian - doesn’t have the Son of God in it
etc etc - doesn’t have the Son of God in it

Prove it.

Almost all claim some level of relationship with God. Prove one is right.

God: doesn’t have the Son of God in it.

Wow, a 21st century gnostic…

Ok, point proven. Christianity is different from most other religious cults. So, like, tell me, o, chara, are Islamists, Buddhists African tribals, New Ageists and the lot indelibly doomed ?

Ok, how about this.

Juadaism doesn’t have 33 million gods.
Christianity doesn’t have 33 million gods.
Islam doesn’t have 33 million gods.
etc., etc., doesn’t have 33 million gods.

BUT, Hinduism has at least 33 million gods.

So, following your reasoning, Hinduism is very different from all religions and hence greater than all religions.

Mucius quote - So, like, tell me, o, chara, are Islamists, Buddhists African tribals, New Ageists and the lot indelibly doomed ?

Dunno who that O’Chara bloke is but I went to school with a Jimmy O’Grady…
As for who’s doomed and who’s not, nobody knows, even Paul was big enough not to think he was saved “my conscience is clear but that doesn’t make me innocent…judge nothing ahead of time”(1 Cor 4:3)
In fact I know lots of non-christians who’d make better Christians than some Christians I can think of, so let God sort out who he wants :wink:
We can be sure of one thing, a lot of so-called Christians are going to be left with egg on their clocks when Jesus tells them to get on their bikes -
Jesus said:-“Not all who call me “Lord,Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I’ll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me” (Matt 7:21-23)

Robo quote - BUT, Hinduism has at least 33 million gods.
So, following your reasoning, Hinduism is very different from all religions and hence greater than all religions

Logic it out mister philosopher - Every one of them 33 million must have been krap to let themselves be upstaged by an unknown young country boy carpenter :wink:

So that’s how it works… .

Pretty groundbreaking stuff here… you have your own show yet?

Isis, remember he?

And the Jews passed through Egypt.

Look for a “son of god” in Egyptian religion. =D>

Oh, sorry. It means “friend” in Irish.

Ah, ok, but you’re eschewing the question. The question is whether global redemption is limited to the Christian lot… or do others get a chance too. Because it would seem that in a world of righteousness and retribution what you end up with in the end is the most important thing of all. And, if that is uncertifiable, then why would I not want to be Muslim or, indeed atheist ?

Is the passport towards heaven under the altar of the Christian church ?

So “that’s” how it works… .
Pretty groundbreaking stuff here… you have your own show yet?"
Isis, remember he?
And the Jews passed through Egypt.
Look for a “son of god” in Egyptian religion. =D>"

K: Horus, be the one. recall in the bible jesus
family spent at least 2 years in Egypt and so
once again we have an Egyptian connection to
christianity.

Kropotkin

Mucius quote -Is the passport towards heaven under the altar of the Christian church ?

Dunno bout that mate, check this -

GATECRASHERS by Mick
Some nonchristians arrive at the pearly gates and are met by God -
GOD - “Why should I let you in?”
GATECRASHERS - “Because even though we’re not christians and never actually followed Jesus, we’ve always been nice spiritually-minded people”
GOD - “Are you friends of my son?”
GATECRASHERS - “Er… um…well yes…sort of…”
GOD (calling inside) - “Hey Jesus, somebody here says they’re friends of yours”
JESUS - “Nah, I don’t know them from Adam, tell them to get on their bikes”

Jesus said:-"Not all who call me “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I’ll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me (Matt 7:21)

Great stuff, except that the flying spaghetti monster said it all.

TheZeus quote - Great stuff, except that the flying spaghetti monster said it all

Er… can anyone tell me if I’ve surfed into a kiddies forum by mistake… ??

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

You need to get out more.