I'm all ears

SirSwedish quote -I want you to remember that propagandha get’s shoot down really quick on ILP, and if you keep trying to convince people of things that you believe, you’ll probably end up loosing your own faith, instead of instil the emperers clothes on others.

Let’s begin at the beginning - What is it about Jesus that you don’t like?

“socks-blowing” or “beautiful” is so relative. What is beautiful for one doesn’t need to be beautiful for everyone. If it blows your socks off or what ever you are wearing, it doesn’t need to blow off mine too.

Dudeman, I just asked you why you quote/paraphrase and then you QUOTE me on that? HUH? Why!?

How is God different from FSM? Let’s begin at the beginning, why don’t you like the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

why not believe muhameds version of truth or god?

why not believe joseph smiths version?

Both of these groups believe they can proove their point thru science and faith.

I do like most of Jesus’s messages, don’t put words in my mouth.

I don’t like Christians who try to proove their point and ignore reasoning.

Let’s begin at the beginning with you - Why did you become Christian?

This thread reveals your obvious bias even clearer . . . you say you are " . . .trying to get people to look beyond their misrepresentation . . ."

You assume that all those who have different views than you have a misrepresentation of some truth that you know.

I don’t believe you have the truth because you have a one sided mind on Christianity, you failed in convincing me.

Also, this post is called, “I’m all ears.” It seems like that was just a way for you to entice people to start a discussion with you, that you could then try to proove “your” belief too.

I do not believe you are “all ears” because you have ignored many rational points on this thread so far, so your real motive is to convert. That is pretty fucking obvious.

Thanks for not being honest about that when you started the thread.

aren’t we ALL biased in one way or another? heck, this statement I’m saying is biased. what YOU believe to be truth, we can just as easily call it false. it works both ways.

Sirswede quote - why not believe muhameds version of truth or god?
why not believe joseph smiths version?
Both of these groups believe they can proove their point thru science and faith

Jesus said people are like trees, we can judge them by whether they produce good or bad fruit.
So looking at Moh, we can see his fruits are not exactly wholesome (9/11, Beslan, Bali, Madrid, London etc)
As for Joseph Smith, huh, some “prophet” he was! -

MAKE MY DAY by Mick
Joseph “Dirty Harry” Smith who founded the mormons carried a gun and was killed in a shootout with the authorities, killing two of them in the process because they wanted to arrest him for having at least 35 wives
The rest of the Mormons fled to Salt Lake City, led by Brigham Young (who had at least 55 wives).
I often wonder whether Smith used to drum up new members for the mormons by firing shots into peoples front gardens, then wave his gun in their faces when they came out and say “I know what you’re thinking punk, did he fire all six or has he got one left… now sign up on the dotted line and make my day…”
Incidentally Smith was a dead ringer for Elvis, i bet his wives found his pelvis irresistible
comevisit.com/lds/js3photo.htm

How does that make mormonism any less true?

Mick,

Did you know Joseph Smith claimed to have a dream in which God told him to build one of their main buildings with huge columns of empty space within them? He said God told him the purpose would be revealed in time.

Eventually, as technology increased engineers decided to use the space for elevators, as they seemed to be perfect for the job.

Why not Joseph? If God’s talking to him then obviously God wants more than one religion, or maybe there is more than one God. Or maybe you just got it slightly wrong?

What if, Mick, I came to your house and turned water to wine, walked on water, killed myself and then came back to life? But what if afterwards I told you I wanted you to spend the rest of your life being a practicing athiest? Only if you were to do that, would you get into the kingdom of heaven.

I’m a slob… I’m smoking weed, swearing, beating up hobos with women’s stiletto’s – but all the while I’m saying I’m the son of God and preforming miracles.

Would you listen to me?

If you respond with ‘Well that could never happen’ then… you’re just ridiculously too far gone to converse with.

And try and post without pasting some previous thing you wrote on some board trying to be funny.

I have not heard of the elevator thing. Do you remember where you heard that, I am just curious.

(I was raised mormon, and so I find this kind of thing facinating.)

That was pretty funny. :laughing:

There have been some very bad Christian fruits too. Like Mr. Hitler for instance. Or KKK members.

There are bad fruits in every religion. And I think they arise from when one fruit decides their beliefs are more valid then those of all the other fruits, and decides to force their believes upon the other fruits, sometimes intellectually, sometimes physically or militarily.

Bad fruitism isn’t limited to Islam or Mormonism. Bad fruitism= pride

“Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall”- Proverbs 16:18

God warns us against bad fruitism right there.

Mike,

This was the best I could do… sorry, it was word of mouth when I first heard it I believe.

exmormon.org/whylft148.htm

I agree.

[i]Hatred is calling from hell. It’s beautiful at times, but it has power none other than yours.
Heaven realms are far away from earth. They’re calling blissfully, but they have power none other than yours.

In reality, heart doesn’t change its shape.[/i]

I haven’t had time to read the whole thread, so just this. When I read more, there’ll be more. You’re gonna love the one I’m finishing at the moment. A new topic, you’ll find it w/o pain.

You are real.

Rewucki quote - I’m a fucking bastard or not

Is that a poll question?

Yes, and surprise me first.

The truth wins.

I posted the goodie, and 100% people think I’m goodie. I also has been assigned number 1, althought I’m somewhat suspiscious of the square brackets around the number. Blah, think good.

But, I didn’t get what you think of Rewucki. Mickey?

I never had a friend whom I could call Mickey. Oh well, some things just don’t happen.