I'm all ears

I’M ALL EARS by Mick
Well here we all are, trapped in fleshy bodies on this spinning ball of dust orbiting the sun in the vastness of the universe without knowing how we got here or where we’re going, so when a young carpenter arrives on the scene and says -
"I’ll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world…
You’re of this world but I’m not of this world…
No one has ever gone into heaven except me who came from heaven…
Nobody knows the Father except the Son…
You’re my friends if you follow me, I don’t call you servants, but I call you friends…
In my fathers kingdom are many mansions,I’m going on ahead to get them ready for you,I’ll be back later to take you there…
I’m the Messiah, the Christ,the Superprophet and the Son of God…
(Matt 13:35/ John 8:23/ John 3:13/ Luke 10:22/ John 4:26/ John 14:14/ John 14:2/ Matt 11:3/ Matt 16:15)
I’m inclined to listen, as it’d be illogical not to. Right Spock?
“Right Mick, I’m all ears too”…

Aren’t we all God’s children? Why is jesus extra son?

Duder quote - Aren’t we all God’s children? Why is jesus extra son?

Yes we’re all Gods children unless we reject his son, then we’re in a world o’ hurt boy -
Jesus said:- “Whoever rejects me rejects God” (Luke 10:16)

I’M NOT CONVINCED by ChimneySweep :wink:

Give me proof, and I’ll contribute to the cost of repairing the Church roof, or do whatever else is necessary to get into Heaven.

Chimney Sweep quote - I’M NOT CONVINCED…Give me proof…

Sure, how many eyewitnesses would you like?
Jesus travelled all over Israel for 3 long years in front of the people and the occupying Roman Army, that’s a lot of eyewitnesses - “I’ve spoken openly to the world…I said nothing in secret" (John 18:20)
And “Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him” (Matt 4:25),and he pulled crowds of over 4000 and 5000 at two gigs alone (Matt 15:32, Matt 14:13)
Enough?

We’re all God’s children right? Why is Jesus, extra-son? I feel unloved by god. Why did he give jesus all those cool powers and truth, but the rest of his children he’s left “trapped in fleshy bodies on this spinning ball of dust orbiting the sun in the vastness of the universe without knowing how we got here or where we’re going.” Why oh why?

Jesus was “God’s firstborn”.

Theoretically the first and most ancient/advanced creation ever to exist.

What?!

This is ridiculous…

Even atheists go to “heaven”.
It’s been proven by NDE case studies.
:laughing:

That’s scriptural.

Jesus has so much “powers” and “truth” because he has been alive for so long that he was able to develop all of those attributes.

Ancient spirits are the most powerful of the spirits.

Duder quote - “trapped in fleshy bodies on this spinning ball of dust orbiting the sun in the vastness of the universe without knowing how we got here or where we’re going.” Why oh why?

To win the Gold Beret, why else? :wink:
GOLD BERET by Mick
Just as Army Regiments award the beige beret (SAS), green beret (US Rangers) and red beret (Paras), so does God award us a gold beret if we pass his test.

The only success that matters is getting through the Life Selection Process and its a killer! :-
“All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now” (Rom 8:22)

And it sorts the men from the boys:-
“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22)

Jesus welcomes anybody into his squad:-
“Whoever comes to me I’ll never turn away” (John 6:37)

And he’ll lead by example:-
“To follow me you must carry your own cross daily” (Luke 9:23)

The C.O. shows no favouritism:-
“God didn’t spare his own son” (Rom 8:32)

So if he can hack it so can we:-
“We share in Jesus’s sufferings in order to share in his glory” (Rom 8:17)

And others have stayed the course too:-
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Tim 4:7)

Then if we qualify we win the Gold Beret:-
“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life…” (James 1:12)

Dan quote - Even atheists go to “heaven”.
It’s been proven by NDE case studies.

Whoa right there muchacho !
Satan wants atheists to go on thinking they’ll go to heaven, so he gives them sugary-sweet NDE’s to make them think that !
Wise up -
“…the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders” (2 Thess 2:9)
“Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.” (2 Cor 11:13/14)
Jesus said:-“He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44)

I wish life was as easy as pleasing an old man up in the clouds with my behavior.

Answer me this:
If you we’re given the choice of having no more god, or no more sun, which would you choose?

Fact is most people believe in god because terrorism in its purest form.

threatened with hell in death, and death in life by these lovers of death. These men, who wake up only to go to sleep. These men, who live only to die.

Duder quote - I wish life was as easy as pleasing an old man up in the clouds with my behavior.
Answer me this:
If you we’re given the choice of having no more god, or no more sun, which would you choose?
Fact is most people believe in god because terrorism in its purest form.
threatened with hell in death, and death in life by these lovers of death. These men, who wake up only to go to sleep. These men, who live only to die

Logic it out philosophically mate, if God was nasty and wanted us to blunder into hell, he wouldn’t have sent Jesus to warn us its there would he?

Logically, hell/heaven/jesus/god don’t exist.

Duder quote - Logically, hell/heaven/jesus/god don’t exist

Certainly within the logic of our mere 5 human senses you might have a point, but remember atheists are like a radio operator with earphones on, hunched over his radio set twiddling the knob between just 5 wavelengths (analoguous to our 5 human senses) He doesn’t know there are thousands more wavelengths out there.
In the past he’s twiddled further looking for them, but all he got was mostly static, so he gave up and stuck with his trusty old 5.
Christians on the other hand have acquired the mindset of being able to tune into wavelengths that he can’t -
“We look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary,but the unseen are eternal” (2 Cor 4:18 )
I had a radio once that had an “auto-search” option, it was fun putting it on “search” to automatically scan the airwaves, it locked onto a station for a few seconds, then scanned on to stop at another, and so on.
Most of the stops were very faint or crackly with barely-audible foreign language coming through, it might have been Radio Timbuctoo for all i knew…
But every now and again it’d stop at a station that came through loud and clear and interesting, whether it be good music or interesting discussion in English, and i’d halt the scan and stick with it.
Likewise in real life I’ve scanned many religions in my own mind by reading about them and weighing them up, but there’s only ONE that has ever reached out and grabbed me in a vice-like grip, -Christianity :wink:

Satan has a limited effect upon reality.

Neither your gods nor your devils have absolute control.

And what if people in your church lied, then what? Who are they for?

So all bright colored angels are potential satans?
Right on.
Avoid angels now to be safe.

I don’t know if I should bring up how many “sinners” your god supposedly killed…

First of all, we should be wary of “reported sightings” of unusual phenomena. Would you have me believe in alien abductions, for example, on the grounds that there are people who claim to have seen or experienced it?

But, let’s assume for argument’s sake that these witnesses you’ve cited are reliable. The muslims have got a religion of their own, similar but not the same as yours. They’ve got witnesses for their stuff - why should I believe yours and not theirs? Doesn’t the fact that we’ve got these two conflicting groups of mono-theists prove that neither is sufficiently justified?

Finally, there’s only one witness who could persuade me of the truth of any religion, and that witness is me. He’s waiting…

God: This is tedious.

It just struck me, the bit I’m writing, or maybe writing, or perhaps just decieving myself that I will soon make a start on writing for the Utopia competition…

Has absolutely no Christians in it:astonished:

[size=75]I know - my jaw dropped too. Astonishing.[/size]