Why don't you believe in God?

I know I don’t believe in god because i feel that i have insufficient evidence whether or not it’s out there. Does anyone feel that they have proof or reasons to conclude that the CHRISTIAN god does not exist. Because right now I am so unsure and it’s even depressing me that I dont have an answer. Ofcourse no one can make this decision for me. But tell me why it is that you either do or don’t believe in the christian god. Im only focusing on that one for now.

God = mankind’s idea

Mankind = silly, selfish, and power hungry

Mankind’s ideas = self gain

God was created by men to control other men and to explain why bad things happen to them.

I disagree. I don’t believe in god for fun. It’s a less explored area, non-believing, and there’s more chance of you doing something important.

What, again ?

With all respect for your predicament and curious nature, sjstudy, there is already a thread running on approximately the exact same issue. It’s called “Why ?”.

I say read Augustine and Kierkegaard.

I say, start preaching something, anything, and show me how christianity is different from it.

There is proof of God in your own Heart. Because if there was not then He would not also expect you to know wrong from right.

We already have this knowledge.

Now why is it that some people dont know? It’s simple. It is easier to deny God so that you do not have to face your iniquity. People very much like to hide their own iniquity, and when you really come face to face with God you will become painfully aware of it. This is because people do not understand God in their inquity. God will set you free. Ever notice how some people are just so nice, kind, and caring? Especially the little old ladies that you know would never hurt a fly? Because they have faced their iniquity and have been set free by the grace of God.

Proof of God, just look around… Nature decries Gods Majesty! You want more proof? Follow what the bible tells you to receive that proof. First, have at least a little faith, next ask forgiveness, and next step away from your iniquity. Most people will never do this.

Your life is in YOUR hands, do not let anyone tell you where salvation is without finding out for yourself. Let God tell you!

I dont believe in god because he doesnt exist.

let’s just clear things up here. if God was man’s idea, why are so many people letting themselves be persecuted for an idea they supposedly created? sure, bad things have been done in the name of God/Jesus, but they contradicted His teachings altogether. without Jesus, so many GOOD things WOULDN’T have happened. many of today’s Ivy League school’s first mission statements included “to expose others to Jesus’ love and message” (or something to that extent), and many books/charities/schools/etc wouldn’t even EXIST. so don’t think God is just some fanatical idea someone cooked up to con the world, just to die themselves. it doesn’t make sense.

oldphil, that was great.

=D> =D> =D>

I don’t believe in God because I don’t believe in God. But I do believe in God.

In regards to inequities I am not afraid of mine. I admit my ignorance. I can know nothing factually in this world. And I love it. But do I believe in God? No. Not because of as you percieve them (character flaws). But because he is a tool used by many like you and many before you. Mind you I don’t follow any deist religion what so ever.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except the God thing. Once again your dogmatic slavery is simply answered with a single statement; Why are you right and everyone else is wrong? This is my number one qualm with people. I accept my ignorance; accept yours. You cannot be certain until the end. Man cannot know himself until he has embraced death let alone the world but you claim to know all the solutions.

Oh you mean the little old ladies who clutch their purses from my dark complexion? Such noble and nice women. :astonished: Once again you are taking an assumptive glance at things and declaring your opinon the truth.

I know I may be feeding the Radical Christian troll but seriously…I respect opinions but when they turn into personal truths on matters with no other possiblities it annoys the hell out of me.