Millisecond by Millisecond

MILLISECOND BY MILLISECOND by Mick
Jesus said nobody has seen God except him, thats why he couldn’t stop telling everybody how mindblowingly awesome God was.
A theory of mine to illustrate that awesomeness is to speculate that God creates everything over and over again millisecond by millisecond like individual frames in a film, which run together and create the illusion of smooth continuity.
Think about it, in one millisecond God creates each individual atom in the universe, that includes the atoms in us and everything else on earth, and the atoms that make up the earth itself, and all the other planets, and the stars and the dust clouds…
Then in the next millisecond he does it all over again…and again…and again…

But how do you prove that? If time freezes, how can anyone possibly detect it, because any instrument used to detect this freeze in time would also be frozen in time AND recreated by God, according to your definitions. Thus, there’s no way verify this freeze in time scientifically.

Also under Einsteinian definitions, time is a dimension. How can one freeze a dimension?

Or under Kantian definitions, time is a form of pure intution, meaning that all intutions (sensations) we have are in time. So how can one of the mediums through which we experience the world freeze?

Also, if Kant is right about time, that poses some big problems for your theory. Your theory asserts that time exists independently of the mind of the observer. You see there as some sort of “absolute time”. This leads to a conundrum with empiricism, how does one sense time if time is an an “object”. You can’t. Time doesn’t exist independently of the mind of the observe, it is a precondition of all our possible experience. Everything we see, feel, smell, in other words experience must come to us in time, time can’t just freeze from our perspective…

Actually Mick your theory is similar to how I define time as the repetition of a moment

Yeah, I never bought into the created in 7 days bit. But the idea that each second is still being created does appeal to me.

So, life is like a TV, and God makes the fps?

Thank’s for recreating Satan.
Who raped the last baby in Africa, God?
You must have had it all on film.

~

I don’t think God is the force which makes momentum keep moving.

All forms of motion in our universe only need “fuel” if they are overpowering large amounts of resistence.

The universe, as it stands today, does not need your “god”.

Thanks for the feedback doods but I should have clarified that my “Millisecond” piece was just speculation for fun, as the bible doesn’t back it up, neither does it not back it up :slight_smile:
As I’ve said before, bible poo-pooers miss out on a lot of fun by dismissing the bible out of hand, as there’s some good deep stuff in there touching on all sorts of spookiness like ghosts, telepathy, transmutation of matter, bending physical laws etc etc, much of which goes over our heads, just as Jesus acknowledged it would -
“You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things,so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?..You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world…I’ll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world.” (John 3:12,John 8:23,Matt 13:35)
So I for one will certainly listen, how about you Spock?
“Me too Mick,but please don’t expect me to say ‘I’m all ears’ again, that jokes wearing a bit thin…”

Wow. I wish I knew Spock.

I think Mr. Spock and Mick would have some very interesting conversations.

I concur.

Theonefroberg quote - I think Mr. Spock and Mick would have some very interesting conversations

Yup, they’d probably go something like this -
ME - "Hey Spock, an unknown young carpenter claimed to be in touch with a God,and he had powers of telepathy, precognition, replication of matter and levitation which he performed in front of the entire nation of Israel and the occupying roman army. Shall I dismiss him out of hand as a myth?
SPOCK - “It would be highly illogical to do so”…

I actually think Spock would dismiss him as a myth. David Hume didn’t have much trouble doing so, I think Spock would probably look at human religion with much the same skepticism as Hume looked at everything.

Now belief in God is another thing. I don’t think Spock could positively support the existence OR non-existence of God, he’d probably go pull an early Wittgenstein and write the question off as meaningless.

But miracles? I think he’d have a problem with those.

Theonefroberg quote - I actually think Spock would dismiss him as a myth.

To the people who say Jesus was a myth I say “why stop there?”
What about all the other household names of history like Tutankhamun, Cleopatra,Buddha,Julius Caesar, Socrates, Mohammed, Alexander the Great, Elvis Presley etc?
Why single Jesus out to accuse of being a myth?

Well yeah, they’re all myths, in their own respect.

They didn’t break violate the laws of cause and effect. Jesus did.

Read David Hume’s Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding Section XI: Of Miracles for more information.