Belief in Everthing, Belief in Nothing, No Difference

I’ve noticed a lot of people claim to believe in nothing, least of all a God.
This thread is not about the existence of a supreme diety. It’s about the need to be right–and in being right, hold a superior air, much like . . . well . . . a god. Made in the image of . . . hmm. Infinity.

Many people base their belief in nothing on sound reasoning and a lengthy logical process, as if living on a spinning ball in the middle of seemingly nowhere were reasonable in itself. I cant think of anything more absurd.

Faith IS based on illogical thinking. Thats the point. Reason can only get you so far. Moving Moutains, like Jesus permits, is no less logical than risking your life in commuter traffic to put food on the survivor’s table. We act as if reason has solved something for us. It hasn’t. We’ve made progress. But for each step foward, we’ve made two steps backward, I don’t care how far removed you think we are from the cave.

Now don’t think I’m a bible thumper, because I’m not. I understand the whole religion to control the masses concept, and I despise it. In fact, I can’t get past the pure uselessness of genesis. It explains nothing of what I’m curious about.

But hear me out. I believe in everything. Even a flying spagetti monster, as one poster mentioned. Because I dont feel threated by weak logic, or the chance of being wrong, when reason has never been right in the full sense. You can’t lose anything by believing in everything. After awhile you can say with pride “I’m illogical, I dont make sense. And I’m happier for it.” If you want meaningless, give em meaningless. Dont say life is meaningless and act TOO Reasonable. Then you dont believe in your own meaningless nature. Instead, you believe every fact should have a proven purpose. That’s flawed, I feel.

Believing in everthing, its better then feeling high, mighty lofty, in the blacker than black nothingness-which I also happen to believe in. Yes, I believe in nothingness, too. You have that freedom. Please don’t limit youself.

I believe in everything that is.
I believe that everything which is – is real.

kav ur logic is flimsy… very flimsy, allot of what ur saying doesnt make sense and is hypocritical.

u cant beilve in both nothing and everything its impossible unless they are in different context with each other which would mean that saying that is irrelevent to ur point…

Yes, my logic is flimsy, and, yes, I’m being hypocritical. I’m allowed to be . . . because contradictions do exist.

I believe that nothingness came into being and could very well involve our return. I also believe in other dimensions where anything and everything has a chance to exist. Note: I believe in possiblities, not the probability of logic.

I don’t think human existence is logical, therefore (logical phrase) I don’t emphasize our logical constructs of what me be.

possibility over probablity is the current phase i’m in. Tough to argue. Fun to believe.

why do you belive in something that u can not prove to ‘be’ or exist when not even evidence exists meaning that its imposible ( not a possibility ) that it could exist.

possibility over probability is every thing that could happen over wats likely to happen.

also u say u dont belive in logic but belive in possibility, when possibility bounds u to the limits of what is logic or the logical outcomes no matter how big or small the chance. depends in what sense u belive in possisbility over probablility. without going on further i look forward to a reply :wink:

I find what “could” happen to be more meaningful to me.

Why do I find it to be so?

Because for all our capable reasoning skills, I sense there exists something outside of proof and evidence, outside of yes and no, black and white.

Why do I sense that?

Because for all our capable reasoning skills, not having full knoweldge is the case before logic even begins, and no matter how much progress is made in the mind, not having full knowledge is still the case when the logic ends.

Do you think living on a spinning ball in the middle of nowhere is logical? If you dont, how would you then be able to value logic.

William James, who ironically was a skeptical kind of cat, held beliefs that were nothing other than beneficial to him.

I believe in nothing. I believe in everthying. Only because it is beneficial when curing this disease of the intellect, called reason

i wrote quite abit but deleted it, all i really need to say is that u dont belive in the laws of the universe and ur limit to beleif is ur imagination, this is a dellusion, try and prove the laws of the universe wrong or break beyond wats logical u will come up empty handed…

u do have resoning aswell, every living thing has reason, u are reasoning with youreself trying to convince u dont have reason lol.

yes, I may deluded. But allow me to induldge in my delusion for a moment.

I’m now starting to see that logic can only produce the order in which we survive together, but does little to shape belief outside a common experience. For example, try to explain to me North south, east, west directions in space. In reference to What??? Where is the logical law for that. Because I dont know.

If you remember, my first post mentioned that Faith Is Illogical, but that it needs to be. Yes, I am using logic to convince you to think illogically. I have no other way to appeal to you.

Just know that there are some things outside of what’s appealing.

I think to say that anything that exists outside our logic is imagination, and can never be anything but imagination, is just another way of saying that humans have the final say, which is haughty.

We’re not that important. There are other grand schemes, aside from human affairs. Is that a delusion?

Sometimes, I’m not even sure we’re superior to other animals, like cats, who live simply, and seem to have achieved a peace I’ve yet to arrive at.

My belief in nothing, or my belief in everything, I’ll admit is too absolute for most. But it allows me to “cover all the bases”

I dont believe anything particular about those beliefs effects how I live my life, other than open my mind. I have nothing to lose. Except perhaps, a logical argument. Even then, pride? I dont know what to do with pride anyway, nevermind what to do with pride when I die.