antisexualism as a form of mental illness?

No other animals on earth feels guilty about their sexual acts or their sexual desires.

sexo-phobia?

Idealism vs reality?

Or is this a question of the mind dominating the body to suit a certain philosophy?

treelight.com/essays/sexuality.html

Serious?

No other animal judges another, they have no concept of right or wrong. Therefore by what standards can they judge each others acts. Also before christanity, sexual acts within Europe were less frowned upon.

Frowning upon sex is illogical.

Can somebody work this into a pickup line?

:laughing:

“The soul is the prison of the body.” -Michel Foucault

shouldnt the words body and soul be switched ?

No. That’s the genius of his statement. Think about it, before brushing it off.

I can’t think of anything more unappealing than logical sex.

In her book, Animals in Translation, Dr. Grandin discusses the idea of justice; or maybe offense at injustice. It comes with the idea of rules, it looks like.

It’s just a bit of a stretch to say the soul is the prison, thought; the same thing that makes the prison, makes the key.

I think there’s a genetic linkage at work here; low intestinal fortitude has become genetically linked to some aspect of creative imagination.

Dan~, I think your premise is true, that other animals feel no guilt about sex. But how do we know for sure that it is true?

By the way, I don’t like the word “guilt” to describe an emotion, for we can be guilty without feeling guilty, and vice-versa. I prefer “shame” - I think it brings your question into better focus - it almost answers the question by itself.

I’m just saying: it makes no sense to think sex is bad.
Other then sanitation issues, there’s not a real problem.

But this whole issue extends back deep into self-image.

People hide what they are.
People always keep up with the dishonesty and fear.
It became a cultural standard.

Shame is an over-active defense mechanism.
Hide stuff so that they can’t get you for it, etc.

Still, societies which have shame – are sick.

But we do, and we have to- and it’s just as natural as to think that killing is bad. And, by the way, removing this kind of stigma would have consequences just as horrible. Check out that link in the other thread, which you must be following. There’s something about sex.

Man has hyped himself out to be something he is not. He is ashamed of his true naked self.

“But we do, and we have to- and it’s just as natural as to think that killing is bad.”

Can’t we have a bit of clear judgment here?

Killing a body IS DIFFERENT then simply stimulating it through words and touch.

Ahh, but so often the latter leads to the former, doesn’t it? Let me show you what I mean.

Your wife giving you a high-five in a crowded restaurant/your wife giving you a hand-job in a crowded restaurant.

Your wife going out to play tennis with the boss/your wife going out to get boned by the boss.

Hitting a small boy in the face with a water balloon/ejaculating on a small boys face.

Now, if sex is truly no big deal, then all these pairs of actions are equivalent. The second is never any worse than the first.
So you have to ask yourself.
In your gut, do you believe all those actions are equivalent? Have you have had a girl ‘play tennis’ with a guy behind your back? I just bet you have. I have. If you weren’t cool with it, does that make you a judgemental asshole?
Second question, if some side of you does think these actions are different, then should you? Do you really want to do whatever it would take to your brain to come to the ‘understanding’ that it’s ok if your wife sleeps around or if someone does nasty things to your boy?
If not- if you see these things as different, and you feel it’s right and good that you see them as different, then you’re in the same boat as me. There’s something special about sex. You can’t deny it after this journey. Now we just have to figure out what and why.

EDIT- And yes, sex is different than killing. I never meant to say otherwise, only that our moral impulses in both cases are equally good and natural.

Gee, Ucci, I did come to the understanding that it was okay for my wife to sleep around. I think you must have read that post. It wasn’t difficult, under the circumstances. Doing nasty things to a child is different - children are different than adults. I guess my wife did some nasty things to my friend Kenny, but I didn’t ask for the details. She did tell me that stereotype about black men was confirmed.

I think Dan~'s point is about sex, not about child abuse. May have read him wrong, but I don’t think I did.

I know the post faust, and I must have read it wrong, because the impression I got was very different from “I decided it was ok”. Does she still do it? Is it still ok? Should I go back and re-read that post in question? Do you advocate that approach as the more enlightened path to take? I totally don’t want to bring your personal life into this conversation, because of course it can get ugly, and you’re cool. But really, “Look what me and my wife did, isn’t that GREAT?!” is not how you brought the idea up in the other thread, and it’s kinda weird that you would present it that way now. I hope you aren’t angry, because you seem to be getting off the cuff.

And while we’re at it, why don’t you tell me exactly why the action I describe is child abuse, if there’s no shame in sexuality.

Intimate, personal interaction.

I dunno what a high-five is, lol. :laughing:

Banging in public would destract them persons from their sexual meditations.

Devotion.

Most people don’t take life as some sort of serious, honorable quest towards transcending the first birth and the human spirit. They are sensationalist whores, instead.

Yeah…

Well… it has allot to do with the views of the person doing the sexual stuff.

If both people feel that cheating is okay, they don’t really care; some would all “cheat” in the same place, at the same time.

BUT! If one person expected the other not to cheat, the trust would feel betrayed, because expectation and trust have allot to do with eachother. So, if the persons are honest and say whether or not they cheat, then it would really effect the emotional impact of the cheating.

Also, intimacy tends to be private/sacred. Secret secret.

There is also a difference between: “sorry, I was overwhelmed with desire and I just wanted to relieve it” and
“Muhuhahahha, I lied to cover it up.”