Bad dream

BAD DREAM by Mick

Sue woke up with a start after an uncomfortable dream.
Sitting up she realized she must have dozed off on this beautiful sunny afternoon at a riverbank picnic.
She looked around at the glorious trees full of singing birds under a cloudless blue sky, and at the children playing, and at the rabbits and badgers and foxes peacefully playing in the surrounding fields, and her family and friends chatting and laughing nearby as they tucked into the sandwiches cakes and lemonade.
She thought how lucky she was to be here in this wonderful place with all who loved her, just as she loved them,and where there was no illness or unhappiness or nastiness.
But then the memory of the bad dream came back and she gave a little shudder. One of her friends saw it and came and sat down next to her and put his arm comfortingly around her.
“What’s the matter darling?” he gently asked.
"Oh I had a nasty dream that’s all "she replied, “and in it I was in a horrible place full of pain and misery and darkness and I felt frightened and alone, it was a terrible place. I think it was called Earth”.
Her friend cuddled her close to him and said “Forget it sweetheart, it was just a silly dream, that’s all, it’s over and done with forever now, here, have a cherry cake and a glass of iced coke”
“Thanks” replied Sue with a smile, “yes it was just a stupid dream, thanks for reminding me Jesus”…

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4)

Mick are you a christian?..most of your threads seem to be preeching the word. I am not a christian in fact i am an atheist, however i do like to read your stuff it alwakes makes me laugh.

:laughing:

I should preach the word, also…

…Maybe on tuesday.

i like how that sounds, Mick in England. :smiley:

What’s taking so long?

“Are we there yet?”

“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4)

Dan quote - What’s taking so long?
“Are we there yet?”

What’s your hurry chum?
Jesus was killed only 2 days ago -
“With God a thousand years are as one day” (2 Pet 3:8 )

Did we suddenly decide to mimic each other’s posts?

Anyway, interesting story.

George Carlin describes it best:

“I love this country. I love it for the freedoms we used to have…[laughs from audience]…I loved it when it didn’t take a fuckin’ disaster to get us to care for each other. I love this country, wouldn’t have it any other way, wouldn’t live in any other time.”

So, God’s pretty slow, mentally, hey?

Faster brain speed makes days seem slower.
Slower brain speed makes fays seem faster.

dan it is once you have entered heaven that the suffering stops, thats what it is saying anyway…

could have been about life span who knows, theres always so little explaining done,could mean a number of different things just like most short sentances.

would we eat in heaven miiiiick.

would it only be picnic finger foods?

because that is all i think anyone got from that post.

mayeb a cheap laugh or two…

Speak for yourself. I enjoyed it.