Why we 'are' God: [?]

“I propose a thread called “We are God”, and will delight in the mental squirming of atheists who read it.”

Here we go:

We are each a little bit of God, just like children are a little bit of their parents.

Once farther developed, the material body can potentially learn how to create spirits, and even if it does not do this, its spirit does come out after the first death. Therefor, humans are creating spirits, angels, demons, etc. Humans play a certain roll as creators for the spirit realm.

Besides this, humans create more humans, so they are creators of some of the material realm’s life.

[size=200]?[/size]

ok could you explain to me exactly what “we” “do” while the baby is forming in the womb? are you implying that we actually go in microscopically and move around the individual workings of cells and atoms so that they divide exponentially to create a human? I would love a description and, if possible, a demonstration of how one can literally create a human. thanks.

if that’s not what you meant, then please clarify, as I admit my fallibility.

Well a women creates humans, although she doesn’t do it with her hands…her body takes care of it.
Men help to ignite this process.

Here I’ll show you.

The Secret!!

that’s not what i meant #-o . i know ALL about that. what i meant is, you start the process, then it keeps going - i was wondering whether you thought we, as humans, were the ones to keep it going - the idea is that God does the rest, he’s the reason for which it keeps going. otherwise, there’s no plausible explanation, except for, say, nature, which is the same idea. so we do the conception through intercourse, to be politically correct, and God takes care of the growth process - it’s the way He created US (go figure lol). anyway, nice try.

You must admit to me one thing…

God is not a person,

It is a force.

So, if it’s not consciously controlled, it doesn’t count as our own work? What about the 18+ years of feeding and looking after the child? Isn’t that even harder?

true, but what does that have to do with the creation of the human? it’s the further development, but from that point, it is after having given birth to it. then it continues to grow on it’s own, due to development of more cells, which, by the way, is another independent process when it comes to us humans. so at that point you could say it has already been “created” and designated as a living, breathing, homo sapien.

In a Christian context, this resembles some of the ideas of CS Lewis. He saw humans as created in God’s image, but not really God’s “children”. It’s possible for a human to make something in their own image (a sculpture or a doll or a toy soldier for instance), but that creation is not the child of the human. In this way, according to Mr. Lewis, humans are made by God but not his children. However, through faith and through personal growth, a human can become a child of God, become a “little Christ”. In a sense, faith allows a human, a lump of matter, to create its spirit, the “God” that exists as a potential for each human to attain.

I don’t know… I just think CS Lewis’ way of thinking of it draws an interesting parallel to Dan’s little theory.

Ummm…

I was just posting because of what someone said in another area, really.

If you want for me to be serious about ‘God’, then think about this:

• Quantum entanglement happens after atoms and energies “kiss”; when they touch, interact or pass through eachother, they gain a mysterious connection.

• If there was a BigBang then that would automatically make all of our universe interconnected, through that mechanical principal alone, not to mention other mechanical principals of interconnection.

When humans “die”, part of [or eventually all of] themself “melts” back into “the light”. The typical “infinite, unconditional-love”, “being-of-light” tends to almost-always be seen during recorded NDEs.

“God” is probably a big blob of un-dead, conscious, human life-force.

“God” is basically amoral, precieved as a form, when infact [“He” is] a reaction, from a collective consciousness, which exists in the exverse of our linear timespace.

“Gods” aren’t as powerful as people think, and they are often created directly or indirectly by humanity.

Yeah I know sorry that was mean. But I’m trying to tell you that yes a human keeps the process of it going.
The human is not consciously participating in this process but their body is taking care of it for them, thats what your reproductive system is for (if your a woman), making other humans.
God does not need to help this process along because God already gave you your reproductive system (if you’d like to include God in this).

In my opinion, chances are we’re just what we seem to be. I realize metaphysicians will feel like they just found out Santa isn’t real, but fervently wishing something doesn’t necessarily make it so.

I like this post because it clarifies the thread a little more. I agree with most of the content too.

However, Dan, are you sure time is linear. I know we’ve been taught that in western society, and much of how we perceive stories is told in this fashion. But easten philosophy has time as being cyclical, which you’re probably aware of. And this appeals to me more. How is this relevant to us being God? Well, think about you’re next statement.

“Gods” aren’t as powerful as people think, and they are often created directly or indirectly by humanity."

thinking one thing (all powerful)
being another (not as powerful)
two extremes. Or degrees.
which could be represented as a circle, if thought of as “making a return”
one moment, making a return to another moment, not just the next moment.
thinking its the next moment when its just another moment
A slate wiped clean to be filled up once more
so even linear and the “circle” existence are parallels

Okay onto us being God then.
When we we think we are one thing, then we are not that thing any more, as experience has told me. The abilitiy to be spontanous is lost, and our ability switches from direct to indirect, just as our free will controls our heartbeat and our hair growth without our control, yet in other matters, the illusion of choice seems to makes us more of a participant.
I hope this clear.

A situation is never as bad or as good as one thinks. Likewise our beingness is the same way. Maybe even our godliness is not as all knowing or as ignorant as we think. The opposite seems to be true. Always. What a concept!!

I think of us as being God too. Now its just a matter of understanding our relationship to time/choice, direct/inderect nature.

Perhaps my conciousness is God, and you all are my mirror. Like wise, I am yours. Images. Infinity. ect. Perhaps different dimensions, too.

My point is not to prove that Chrisitianity is right, or that people really are blobs of matter that can become Gods… my point was to show how your original post relates to a certain type of theology.

And as you’ve probably seen from my other posts on other threads, I see science (especially quantum physics) and religion as two entirely different games, that can’t be woven into one.

true, but what does that have to do with the creation of the human? it’s the further development, but from that point, it is after having given birth to it. then it continues to grow on it’s own, due to development of more cells, which, by the way, is another independent process when it comes to us humans. so at that point you could say it has already been “created” and designated as a living, breathing, homo sapien

if your last sentence means that the created fertilized egg has already been designated as a living, breathing, homo sapien, I think I disagree. I think you will find the answer to how human being become a living being in the passages of the bible, in Genesis “and the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and BREATHED into his nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE and man BECAME a LIVING being”. Inside the womb, the fetus is dependent on its mother, once it is delivered, with his/her very first cry, God breathed the breath of life into its lungs and becomes a living being.

what i meant was that sometime between conception and birth, it can be called a living being. that’s all. i didn’t mean immediately upon conception.