Ten-Nil

TEN-NIL by Mick
When God scored a stunning ten-nil win with the Ten Plagues why couldn’t the Egyptian A-Team of “gods and goddesses” prevent it? Answer - they don’t exist!
(Osiris, Amun, Maat, Anubis, Nut, Geb, Ra, Hathor, Sekhmet, Isis, Seth, Horus, Thoth, Bastet)
Huh some of them are women, no wonder they lost, everybody knows girls can’t play soccer…
And one dood is called Nut, i bet he kept shouting to his mates “On me 'ed son…”
Hey a witch in a chatroom 2 years ago said she was sending the goddess Sekhmet to get me, I put the kettle on but she never turned up, gosh I hate getting stood up by goddesses…

If God is all-powerful why didn’t he just teleport the Jews into the promised land and avert all of the blood-shed?

:unamused: #-o

She was probably a wiccan initiate or a NOTHING, or joking?
Really, godforms aren’t human sock-puppets anyways, they can’t just be told to do things.

~

Mick, you sound like you’re just goofing around.
Why not post in the “mundane-babble” area?

Or is that word “religion” irresistable?

That explains why the English soccer team is made up of Egyptian gods…or is it girls??

Every religion at some point was true - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quit this silly babble and make a point. Don’t insult a culture you know nothing about because you feel ethnocentric.

In closing keep it relavent.

Dan squiggle quote -
If God is all-powerful why didn’t he just teleport the Jews into the promised land and avert all of the blood-shed?..
Mick, you sound like you’re just goofing around.
Why not post in the “mundane-babble” area?

Bin there, dun that mate, go check out the “British mass masturbation” thread and join in…
As for teleporting Jews, that’d be cheating, God set up the playing field (Earth), gave us the rules to play by, and is now sitting quietly on the sidelines taking notes on how we do…
The best players will get a new contract for next season on that great soccer pitch in the sky…

Life and death are not meant to be used as a reason to use Sport metaphors.

That is all.

Satori quote - Life and death are not meant to be used as a reason to use Sport metaphors

Ha ha ha you sound like one o’ them fuddy-duddy fundie xians mate, dressed all in black and frowning at kids who’re innocently doing drive-bys on the sabbath :wink:
Chill :slight_smile:

Let us play a game with your loved one’s life…then we shall have some sport eh? And no I am not a fundamentalist I enjoy things but c’mon. Life and Death is not a game when it is your life or someone you love. Good thing I don’t believe with age comes wisdom or maturity. #-o

Satori quote - Let us play a game with your loved one’s life…then we shall have some sport eh? And no I am not a fundamentalist I enjoy things but c’mon. Life and Death is not a game when it is your life or someone you love. Good thing I don’t believe with age comes wisdom or maturity

You seem scared of the Grim Reaper mate, that’s very unchristian :wink:
I’ve seen my parents die, and aunts, uncles, grandparents, a nephew, pets, in fact I even gave the medics permission to switch my mother off a few years ago rather than let her be a vegetable.
So yeah, I bin around, death’s an old companion to me and doesn’t bother me a bit :slight_smile:

Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for thou art not so,
For those whom thou think’st thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me…
-John Donne 1572-1631

My word, you jump to conclusions out of no where. I simply said sports metaphors do not = life and suddenly I am afraid of death. By the way I am non-christian and I don’t fear death, I welcome it. Perhaps it shall be an escape from the monotony of this common Western mindset you and many others attempt to force on all others. Or maybe you will have been right, which I doubt, yet I leave it open to the possibility.

So, start posting worthwhile philosophical discussions and I will no longer have a problem.

I certainly don’t welcome it. Not for me, anyway. :wink:

Satori quote -By the way I am non-christian and I don’t fear death, I welcome it.

Congratulations mate, you’ll make Archbishop of Canterbury yet :slight_smile:
Its a central Christian theme to be uncomfortable with this material existence -
Jesus said:-“The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life” (John 12:25).

did you ever stop and think that maybe its not in the nature of these “gods” to stop an event like that?

similar to how God allows natural disasters to occur.

i recomend thinking before posting.

it tends to come in handy.

Yromem quote - did you ever stop and think that maybe its not in the nature of these “gods” to stop an event like that?

PHAROAH - “Aargh the Christian God has blacked out the sky, O mighty Ra, God of the Sun, can you restore the light for me?”
RA - “Sorry mate my batteries have gone flat”

PHAROAH to courtiers - “Lets hope that blackout is the last of the Plagues, I’m going to sit down now and have me dinner”
(Cue sound of locust wings and a horde of them flying through his palace window to settle on his plate)
PHAROAH - “Oh sh*t”…

He runs to hide in the toilet but comes running back saying “I don’t believe it! The toilet bowls full of bleddy frogs now!”…

stop being so near sighted miiiiick.

is it any different then.

ohh god please rescue us from this hurricane.

people die.

ohh god let the levees withstand the storm.

levees break people die.

end this war.

dosent end.

how is that any different.

Stunning logic:

Part One: God helps the Israelites get out of Egypt.

When God scored a stunning ten-nil win with the Ten Plagues why couldn’t the Egyptian A-Team of “gods and goddesses” prevent it? Answer - they don’t exist!

Part Two:God is just sitting on the sidelines, rather than directly acting.

As for teleporting Jews, that’d be cheating, God set up the playing field (Earth), gave us the rules to play by, and is now sitting quietly on the sidelines taking notes on how we do…

Part Three:Because the Egyptian gods didn’t act, they don’t exist.

PHAROAH - “Aargh the Christian God has blacked out the sky, O mighty Ra, God of the Sun, can you restore the light for me?”
RA - “Sorry mate my batteries have gone flat”

It’s pretty airtight folks.

so miick.

hows huffing paint fumes workin out for ya?

all religion aside, I think soccer is stupid. sorry, I know the world cup has gone by and I’m so not euro-cool but I just cannot understand the attraction.

And they fake injuries.

I’ll say one thing, watching soccer for all eternity would be more like hell than heaven.

cheers,
gemty

I’ll pass…

No, he supposedly defied natural laws with miracles and plagues.
God was “cheating”.

You must be joking.