Sheeps and Goats experiment

Some 50 years ago, parapsychologist Professor Gertrude Schmeidler ran a series of Extra-Sensory Perception experiments which have become famous as the “Goats and Sheep” experiments.
Basically she found that subjects who simply acknowledged the possibility that ESP exists (the Sheep), tended to score higher than average in standard card-guessing routines, but those subjects who pooh-poohed ESP as “baloney” (the Goats), tended to score below average.
Those results (since replicated by scientists many times over the years since) are fascinating at face value, BUT there’s an even more fascinating aspect to it, namely that the Goats score BELOW average.
See? - The laws of chance would dictate that their scores should simply be around average, but they’re below average, thereby suggesting the Goats are “digging themselves into a hole” of disbelief!
No wonder Prof Schmeidler says -“This was inexplicable by the physical laws we knew, it implied unexplored processes in the universe, an exciting new field for research. From then on, naturally, my primary research interest was parapsychology”
parapsych.org/members/g_schmeidler.html

Anybody here care to have a shot at explaining the phenomenon?

Where does the symbolism believer - sheep and nonbeliever - goat come from ?

Currently in my studies I have found that the human mind may influence the environment around it. There is a test done by I believe a Japanese scientist who made people concentrate on various bodies of water then did a scan and all the waters had changed.

This phenomena carries certain principles of quantum physics, meditation, and supernatural impacts as far as I am concerned. So yes Mick I do find this test interesting and useful.

Well, if it is ESP, I guess Satan would have to be the cause. The Bible clearly states that sorta stuff is evil.

Satori quote - Currently in my studies I have found that the human mind may influence the environment around it. …This phenomena carries certain principles of quantum physics, meditation, and supernatural impacts as far as I am concerned. So yes Mick I do find this test interesting and useful

Yes but there’s one even more fascinating and incredible that seems to show we can influence events in the past. I did this essay on it -

RETRO-PK by Mick
The weirdest psychic phenomena i’ve ever heard about is called “Retro-PK”, completely mindblowing, and scientists can’t even begin to explain it although they’re trying like crazy…
Imagine you’re one of the test subjects, you’re sat with earphones on and told they’re connected to a random number generator in the other room which will generate a click every second for about half an hour in either the left earpiece or the right earpiece at random.
You’re told to decide (without telling anybody) before the experiment begins which earpiece you are going to try to “mentally influence” more clicks to come through.
Okay, lets suppose you choose to try to make all the clicks come through the left earpiece.
The experiment begins.
Half an hour later, a researcher tells you “Most clicks came through the left earpiece” You tell him thats the one you were trying to influence, and he says “congratulations”.
Now heres the spooky bit - he then tells you that the clicks you heard were pre-recorded on tape a week ago and that you were simply listening to the tape! You had, in other words, mentally reached back in time to influence the machine when it was clicking a week ago!
The above is just a bare-bones simplified description of the phenomenon, scientists are still scratching their heads in disbelief as they go through all the data…