Dreamweb

yromem quote - people die.
ohh god please rescue us from this hurricane.
ohh god let the levees withstand the storm.
levees break people die.
end this war.
dosent end.

DREAMWEB by Mick
If we regard the earth as a vast delicate dream-web in which we’re all embedded, things begin to fall into place…The normal state of the web is stable, but if people in one area pluck it by radiating bad nonchristian vibes, it begins jangling and triggers earthquakes and calamities over its whole surface. That’s why God because of his love for us gives us fair warning to drop phoney gods and turn to him to prevent all calamities.
Dreams and webs are very fragile things -
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one’’ (Albert Einstein)
“You can be in my dream if i can be in your dream” (Bob Dylan)
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on” (Shakesp’s The Tempest)
“Strawberry Fields…nothing is real” - The Beatles
“Whatever the natural cause, sin is the true cause of all earthquakes.” - John Wesley (1703 - 1791)
“What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes” (James 4:14)

eh… no they don’t. Read Berkeley and you’ll see how goofy idealism (or rather anti-materialism) is.

1. If the system is stable, that doesn’t mean all its parts are stable, it just means they cancel each other out to form a dynamic equilibirium. Look up a high school chemistry text for examples and explanations.

2. That’s a rather nasty view of God you have. The God I pray to tends to be a little more mature than one who throws a tantrum on earth whenever someone does something wrong. If chaos and calamity strike, a society or a person, I believe it wasn’t the person’s fault for bringing down the rath of God on themselves. If you really want me to, I’ll even look up the Biblical quotes to back up my position.

Even people who turn to God won’t necessarily be saved from calamities. Christians used to get eaten alive by lions in the Colesseum. A lot of Christians died or became homeless in Hurricane Katrina. History shows that simply dropping idols doesn’t necessarily save a person from all earthly calamities.

Einstein was a great thinker, but that’s still just his opinion. You have any facts to back it up?

Hmm… well, I don’t really wanna be in your dream. I don’t want you in mine either. So, thanks, but no thanks.

That might have a different interpretation, rather then, “We’re just dreams”. Also, some context would be nice.

Again, Shakespeare was a brilliant writer, but didn’t PROVE anything about the nature of the universe with that statement.

1. Plate techtonics causes earthquakes.
  2. Evidence of this assertion, por favor?

Ok.

theonefroberg quote - Even people who turn to God won’t necessarily be saved from calamities

Ha ha ha it’s only our souls God cares about :slight_smile:
If you think he cares about saving our fleshly bodies, think again buster -
Jesus said:-“The spirit within gives life,the flesh alone is worthless” (John 6:63 )

Ok… but why does He then punish human bodies with hurricanes and earthquakes? Should eternal damnation be enough?

Oh, and also… how do you know we have souls?

Onefroberg quote - how do you know we have souls?

How do you know we don’t?
There seem to be enough reports of “out-of-body” experiences reported by people who’ve temporarily left their body… :wink:

But can you test the validity of these in a laboratory? There are “reports” of a lot of things, but not a lot of actual hard evidence to back them up.

Ok mick i have a challenge for you. Lets see if you can go one week without quoting from the Bible…but still post messages on here. (Not to post anything would be cheating).

Oldphil quote - Ok mick i have a challenge for you. Lets see if you can go one week without quoting from the Bible…

You don’t like bible quotes? You’re in a world o’ hurt now boy -
Jesus said:-“Whoever’s ashamed of me and my words,I’ll be ashamed of him” (Mark 8:38 )

OOOPS! you lose Mick my old son. I dont believe in god, jesus the whole christian thing. So no world of hurt for me. What doesnt exist cant hurt me.