Schools out forever

I notice a lot of people here seem to be hung up on the harsh Old Testament, even though Jesus gave us a new Final Directors Cut version…
This piece explains it -

SCHOOLS OUT FOREVER by Mick
People wonder why the Old Testament was so harsh. The answer is that God has never changed, but the way he had to package himself to get his message across HAS changed, he had to talk in harsh primitive OT terms to earlier harsh primitive peoples in their own “language” like a strict headteacher to get their attention.
“The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster,but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster” (Gal 3:22-25)
(Likewise, when Ryker in Star Trek joined the Klingon vessel Pagh on an exchange visit as 1st Officer he had to punch and throw stroppy Klingon 2nd Officer Klag across the bridge to get the attention and respect of him and the rest of the crew )
When God felt the time was right to package himself in a softer way to more advanced peoples, he gave us Jesus who came not to abolish the OT wholesale, but to show us how to apply its rules with enlightened goodnatured commonsense.
Jesus said - “It was said ‘eye for eye,tooth for tooth’ but I say turn the other cheek” (Matt 5:38/39)
And people quickly realised - “The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one” (Heb 8:6-13)
Remember, Jesus saves, not the OT :wink:
Right Lieutenant?
“grrrrrrr”…

memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/A_Matter_of_Honor

Alot of people are also hung up about the amount of religious quotations being spouted. (read my thread).