Restrictions of Mohammedanism

[i]"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities — but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome."[/i]

• Winston Churchill, The River War, p. 248-50, (1899)

I just found this, and would like some thoughts on it please…

This vid shows a Muslim preacher freaking out and starting whacking himself over the head, looks to me like he got possessed bigtime -
(Some jokers added music to the vid)
glumbert.com/media/rave.html

I agree with whats written . I,ve been to several Muslim countries and spent plenty of time there , have spent several hours chatting with many different Muslims , have been to some big mosques and observed . Have read much of the Koran .

At the end of it all I,d say Islam as its understood by the majority is a religion which at the core may be quite beautiful , but has been twisted and made vile by them with their perverted desires and ambitions . As have Christs words by the majority of “christians” .

It smacks of Weber, that’s what I think.

At the turn of the Century: Asia will always be economically inferior to the west because of Confucianism

During the Economic Miracle: Asia is a huge economic success because of Confucianism.

Availability of resources and government style tend to have a whole lot more to do with social development.

Compare Russia vs. the Netherlands. Was Russia a failure because of Orthodox Christianity? On the one hand, you have a large nation with a good reserve of natural resources and on the other you’ve got a nation torn by a fairly nasty civil war. Yet the strife-torn country did a whole lot better.

Why? Because it had a middle class. What resources Holland had were available to a wide array of people and the government helped foster that availability.

Give the mid-east a middle class and you’ll see that extreme Islam will more-or-less take care of itself. Look at the UAE. Sure, it has some issues with migrant worker’s rights right now . . . but so does most of the world. Also, check out the urban areas of Turkey.