Charlie

Club29 quote - I think the key to true lasting happiness on this earth is doing things for others…

Good point mate, check this -

CHARLIE by Mick
Charlie hated God.
Many years ago in his teens he’d been neutral, but as the years passed he’d looked at all the pain and suffering in the world and slowly decided he’d be an atheist because there couldn’t be a God to let such things happen.
As the years slowly rolled by, his dear grandparents died, as did his aunts, uncles, and parents,some with painful illnesses,and his coldness towards God turned to sheer hatred.
Then,in his old age his beloved wife fell ill with a terminal illness and he tenderly nursed her for months before she too died.
Broken hearted, he himself died soon after, and found himself face to face with God at the pearly gates,and launched into a tirade of hatred against God - “Where were you when my gran was riddled with cancer, I sat at her bedside day and night comforting her!
And when my auntie had a stroke you deserted her too,but i travelled a hundred miles every day to visit her in the nursing home!
And what about my dad, reduced to an empty shell of a man with Alzheimers, I called round every evening to tend to him,where were you then?
And my darling wife withered away before my eyes, I saw to her every need in her final months because you weren’t there!”
As Charlie began sobbing quietly,God held out his hand for him to take, but Charlie hurried away quickly saying “Don’t come near me!”
He looked back and shouted one last piece of abuse at God - “I gave my dying relatives and my wife all the love and comfort it was possible for me to give, but you just stood by doing nothing! What did you ever give them?”
And Charlie heard Gods faint reply - “I gave them you”…

God must be scraping the bottom of the barrel then if all he could give someone was an angry man full of hate. But seeing as god doesnt exist its a moot point anyway.