Destroying God In Order To Become A Higher Power Ourselves.

I fully believe that if we are not the some total of a God already, then it is in our make-up to become gods ourselves. If we we’re made in the image of a god, we have an insatiable drive to possess thoses atrributes of a god, namely power, perfection, order, purpose, control, ect.

We are the creations, who also create. Art. Clothing. Shelter. And we are on the path to perfect virtual reality. We as a race will not stop until we perfect a simulation that totally negates nature. We will become gods of this new world. We will be the writers, directors, actors of this totally immersed pixel place.

This god we pray to knows of our intentions. That is why this god is not made obvious to us. The reason why he doesn’t answer our prayers verbally is because if we knew is location we would crush HIM.

Didn’t satan try this same claim to the thrown?

Please dont be offended by these views. I doubt if we could even overthrow a god that is seperate from us. All I know, personally, is that I desire to be fully separate from all other things. Total freedom. Freedom from all things, including responsibility. A god.

Perhaps god wants us to become its equal or better. If we become better or equal to this god then why would we desire what we have and why would we want to control? and why would we ever harm our parent? I surely would not. To have power is the removal of freedoms name of choice and responsibility. The more power you have the less choice you have and the more responsibility you have.

This might be true if you were still obligated to others. But total freedom would entail no accountablity, at least, that’s my view of freedom.

I hope that god does want an equal. It would make for much less conflict.

I think you give us too much credit. If a booming voice shook the world, saying " 'sup guys? This is the LORD, lol! I reside in a world of concept, oudside the scope of this phsysical reality you are all bound to", do you really expect we would track this silly guy down and CRUSH him? If the G man is as he says he is, I don’t think you can really “crush” an omnipotent being, much less supprise an omniscient one.

I suppose you mean “throne”, but as far as I am aware, Satan never tried to CRUSH God. If I stand to be corrected, please point me in the right direction, becuase I clearly overlooked a fun story in the Bible.

I couldn’t imagine anyone getting personally offended by anything any one else says; Its your buns that are going to be toasting in Hell, not theirs :slight_smile: I think you underestimate the work involved with being God though! Have you ever played sim city? Imagine playing billions of copys of that all at the same time! No thank you, buckaro! Leave that to the G man, if he exists.

Why not set about achieving these powers then ?

If you want total freedom then you really ought not become an omnipotent being because that removes total freedom.

You go for it in your battle with this creature I will be sitting by the side with popcorn and drink, fully amused.

I didn’t mention that I think computers will do all the so-called crushing. We’d just do the programming.

we wont see this in our lifetime, but our generation will be celebrated as the ones who ushered this information aged movement.

And my buns are already toasting in hell, thank you very much.

God / heaven || Our universe / Us / Computers.

Our technological advances may be a thorn in the side of religion, but I think God is still outside the scope of anythign we or our inventions, is capable of touching. Unless God is a massochist, or suicidal, we wouldn’t be around right now if we were goign to CRUSH him down the road.

I’m a masochist, and it/he/she made me, so you never know . . .

The god force, I agree, is outside of our influence.

But I dont think that will stop our efforts. It’s in our inheiritance of a wanting nature. Not to mention the non-stop technological progress, that our human race seems intent upon.

We are God chasers.

I feel the exact opposite. Our race has strived in recent times for a seperation from the duties of a God. We have been automating everything we can think of (ignore the cause, its the end that matters), and I honestly feel we will eventually live in a world that is fully automated, hence passing the role of God onto our creations.

I’m glad you feel relaxed about progress. In your view, we wont become gods, we’ll became frail little creatures. Frail little button pushing creatures with muscles that atrophy, and minds that opt for “whatever”

correct?

In my ideal realistic future, we woudln’t have to push buttons, our keepers would keep everything in order for us, retirement home style. Or maybe we will upload our conscience into these wonderfull computers, and abandon our flesh bags in our next phase of evolution. I doubt we have to worry about things like this in my time, as I also have my doubts we will survive ourselves long enough to see this bright future. who knows?