Separated

SEPARATED by Mick
I once knew a middleaged woman who often used to tell me about her life at home.
She’d known her hub since they were both 15, they married at 18 and had been happily together for over 30 years.
Then he began to get a bit possessive and insisted she come straight home to him after work rather than go for a drink with her girl pals for an hour or two.
After a while she left him and rented a room to get away from his possessiveness.
Three months later their grown-up son came bursting into her workplace shouting “Mum mum, come home quick, dads going to kill himself because you’ve left him!”
So she hurried back to him, they smoothed things over and have been happy ever since.
You see, all his life he’d never known what loneliness was because she’d always been there for him since they were 15.
Then when she left him he was separated from her love and he experienced this new terrible awful thing called “loneliness” for the first time in his life and it made him completely fall apart.
In the same way, we all get Gods love while we’re on this earth, whether we’re christians or not, we’re so used to it that we hardly notice it and take it for granted.
Then when we die, his love is CUT OFF for nonchristians as if a plug has been pulled, and all the horrendous demons of hell pour into the victims mind with nothing to stop them…

So let me get this straight. God loves us when we are alive…Even if we dont believe in him…then when we die (the non-believers) he STOPS loving us?..

1. So why did he love us in the first place?
  2. Why would he stop loving us just because he gave us free will?
    3 Why would this all loving and all compassionate god be a complete git and consign us to hell.?
  3. This is all a moot point as god doesnt exist anyway.!! :smiley:
    Oh by the way Mick…I have noticed a growing trend on your threads. The more you have preached and Quoted gospel…the less people have responded positively to your comments. So what does that tell you?..

God exists…Mick might one day find him if he puts the Bible down and looks on his own.

Mick, thank you for showing how evil the christian god is.

Sure he’s a great guy, if you devote your life to him, go to church every sunday, make fun of the non-christians, and look forward to your rapture.

But what about all those of us who choose not to believe in the mythical christ unicorn?

We get to spend an eternity in hell, just for not believing.

The greatest crime in christianity. Is doubt.

You could be the next hitler… and right before your dead accept christ, be reborn and be sent to heaven.

you could be bill gates. Doubting the holy spirit your whole life, but spending billions being philanthropic…

and go to the fiery gates of hell.

It seems to me to be backwards.

All the great people go to hell. and all the screwed up people go to heaven. Simply because they don’t think for themselves.

There is something external… and something internal.

The god of the bible, is your internal god amplified.

God created Hell to sling satan and demons and Jesus-rejecters in, I mean they’ve got to be slung somewhere :wink:
Lets face it, Jesus spoke love and peace, so if somebody rejects love and peace why shouldn’t they be branded “failed human”, and slung out?

So when you love someone you let them become a blood sacrifice, for a system that you created!!!

Good god, why didn’t I think of that.

I like the love that jesus preaches about family, where he says, “I have not come here to bring peace but to bring a sword.”

I also like where he tells us to follow the OT laws, and criticizes the pharisees for not killing wayward children. (mark 7)

That’s a special brand of love!

It tells me I’m whupping them in debates and they’re stuck for answers :wink:
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds” (2 Cor 10:4)
I mean, sometimes I wonder if this is an adult site or a kindergarten, just look at what somebody yelled recently - “Mick go die in a fire”.
Huh!
PS - an aunt of mine died in a house fire…

Well it takes a special kind of thinker to ignore the debate entirely. Sure there are people like those you mention, but there is alot of GOOD argumentation you are completely ignoring.

I still do not rescind the die in a fire comment. Plus I made a little smiley after it…so it is ok according to the forums

That is all. :sunglasses:

In yer dreams mate :wink:

That’s okay by me mate, it means that when people ask me what I think of atheists I can say “Well one told me to die in a fire”, and they’re going to tut-tut at the atheist mentality :wink:

The God of the Bible is the God of Jesus Christ. Nothing more.

You know what Mick, I believe in the book of Unicorn, in which messages of love and peace are spread. Those who reject the Unicorn’s message will face an eternity of torcher. Since you believe Jesus’ word, I guess that means you.

Oh no! Not a Christian saying bad things about Athiests…what ever shall us Athiests do?!

Firstly, sure Jesus says he’ll split up families, but he was referring to the fact that when a member of the fam decides to ditch the traditional old religion and follow him, it’ll freak the others. I mean, imagine if a muslim kid said “Mam and dad, I’ve decided to be a christian”, the poor kids head would be rolling down the street 5 seconds later…
Same with Jews, Mormons, JW’s etc, their fams would go ballistic if they tried to abandon the traditional old family beliefs…
Nevertheless people with guts do break away because they realise - “Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers” (1 Peter 1:18 )

Secondly, yeah Jesus left most of the OT laws in place, but trusted to our good commonsense to know the harsh ones are obsolete -
“It was said ‘eye for eye,tooth for tooth’ but I say turn the other cheek” (Matt 5:38/39)
Hey did you miss my stunning account of when they dragged an adulteress to him and asked him to rubber-stamp her execution under the old law? Here’s what happened, we’ll call her Molly -

MOLLY by Mick
Molly grew up in orphanages never knowing who her mother and father were apart from rumours about a prostitute and a Roman soldier,and by her teens she was a sad lonely little girl.
But then she discovered men liked her and bought her presents and gave her money if she smiled at them and let them love her, and it made her feel good and wanted, even if they went back to their wives afterwards…
She grew into womanhood and still liked being loved by men,but wished she could meet one who wanted to marry her and stay with her for the rest of her life, but by now her bad reputation made a lot of single men stay clear of her.
Eventually people grew tired of her and her ways, so a mob led by the snooty priestly classes kicked down her door and dragged her off by the hair to kill her with stones.
As they pulled her through the streets, people came out to jeer at her, calling her all sorts of names and punching and slapping her, but she refused to give them the satisfaction of breaking down in tears even though her lip trembled and she could feel the blood draining from her face in fear. “I’ve never cried in my life and i’m not going to start now” she thought.
“But where are all the men who loved me?” she wondered, “why won’t one of them rescue me?”
However no-one came forward and the painful dragging through the streets continued. She felt utterly alone and sick to the stomach and wanted to cry out to the mum and dad she’d never known, but realised there was no-one to help her, so in her total despair she muttered under her breath “Oh God, please help me”…
More slaps across the head from the mob knocked her near senseless, and when she recovered her wits she found they’d thrown her on the ground at the feet of a man who she recognised as the young carpenter Jesus from Nazareth.The mob were standing around her with stones in their hands ready to kill her.
“Alright” one of them said to the young prophet, “The Old Law tells us that we must stone adulteresses to death, can you please confirm that to make it all legal and above board?”
“Sure” said the young man, “let whoever’s perfect among you throw the first stone”
Hearing this, they dropped their stones and slunk off in shame.
Then Jesus bent down and hugged Molly close to him in an embrace of such beautiful loving tenderness that she’d never experienced from any man before, and she began crying her eyes out on his shoulder.
“I know you won’t want a trollop like me” she sobbed, “but I don’t ever want to be on my own again…”
“You won’t be” he softly whispered in her ear, “whoever comes to me I’ll never turn away, I’ll be with you always til the end of the world”

John ch 8 -Jesus said “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”
At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there"

Being sinless, Jesus then proceeded to stone her to death.