Superstitions

Boy, that intellectual pond must be absolutely tiny.

I’ve had the same suspicion.

Good and bad luck and karma. positive thinking, negative thinking. I view these things as not accepting responsiblity for actions thoughts and deeds. A way of passing the buck.

I have two black cats one with really dark orange eyes and one with bright green eyes. They cross my path all day long. They make me laugh and smile, they warm my heart with love. They sure don’t bring us bad luck, nor are they evil.

Superstitions maybe are mere warning buzzers.
There may be a granule of truth to each buried deep somewhere in it. I have tried to figure the black cat one out but to no avail. I see no granule of truth in it. Anyone have an inkling why black cats are bad other then the fact that they are associated with the arcane arts as familiars.

Here again why? I believe alot of things differently than Mick. I assure you we aren’t. But the fact that the truths we’ve given are similiar, just show that much more how stable they are. You’ve gotta understand there is logic behind our religion and many others.

Once again Mick shows his ego is greater than his so called “faith”…now go thru your threads mick and post all the negative quotes…

I already have mate, here’s a re-run just for you (these are quotes from so-called Christians in assorted boards and forums, I don’t collect insults from atheists and fairy-worshippers because they’re two a penny and not worth a spit)
Steve H - “Micks a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout”
Cymba - “Micks an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit”
Zeke - “Micks wrong wrong wrong and denies Gods word”
Christian Trucker Pat - “Micks proud,arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable,offensive,lacking understanding and talking drivel”
Linda -“Mick’s a silly little Brit”
Gloryboundd - “Mick’s a senile liar and fool”
Elbown - “Mick you put me off Christianity and i’m a Christian”
SheriNuwine - “Mick you come across as a pervert,do you like cheeky little minxes who play with dollies?”
Sunami - “Mick…the lazy workshy parasite that you are”
Reverend Eric Potts - “You disgust me Mick”

I don´t know why you come on here. All you do is insult people who don´t follow your belief - that´s not philosophy. You should be ashamed.

What do you do then? You insult people who have beliefs, you should be ashamed as well. You’ve called my religion “bizzare fairy tells”.

Ok Mick you claim to be a christian so why do you insult atheists andfairy worshippers., they are not worth a spit i believe you said…hardly a christian attitude…more like a religious closed minded fanatic dont you think…and Club 29 dont go defending him…you are also a christian, or so you say.

Theory: 95% of all Christians use AOL.

I like to like to tackle questions as rationally as I can, remaing open to anything that comes. I put my faith aside and try to be as objective as possible, fully aware of my fallibility.
When asked why I have a certain argument I don´t simply say, “Because that is my faith”, or “Because the Bible tells me”.

Look at yourself. Who was it that said “check yourself before you wreck yourself”?

I’m not defending him as much as I’m pointing something out. Read please.

totally irrevelant as to why you call my beliefs fairy tales. #-o

I tell them fairy tales as just because someone writes it, doesn´t make it true.

Clarification - I should have said their beliefs aren’t worth a spit, because they haven’t a shred of backup from anywhere.
In fact most of them are too embarrassed to even let on what faith they are :wink:
(I’ll hand it to some of the people on the AOL Right Religion Board though, they aren’t afraid to say.
For example Maco follows a talking spirit bird called “white eagle”, Loryn follows Hanuman the monkey God, Emma follows a German spirit guide, Righ thinks he’s the reincarnation of a bible character and so on…

So Mick, how would you feel if you had no faith?

Questions beginning with “if” can’t be answered logically :slight_smile:
But at a guess I’d say I’d feel like an empty lightweight shell helplessly afloat in the world, at the mercy of its winds and currents, a puppet whose strings are pulled by base negative human emotions, and my head full of a swirling maelstrom of runaway thoughts like this dood -

Actually, ‘if’ questions are an essential element of philosophical arguments.

That’s exactly what I expected. Good thing you’ve got your faith then isn’t it!

BORN AGAIN by Mick
Although the term “born again” is bandied around a tad too much for my liking, its a good description of how Jesus changes us from the inside out.
Non-christians can’t understand the concept because they think Christianity is simply choosing to live like robots by a set of rules in the Bible; they can’t understand that being a Christian is a LIFE-CHANGING THING !

Jesus’s words in the 4 gospels can be comfortably read inside a week,the words are like seeds sown in our minds but whether they take root or not depends on the individual, it could take a day or many years,as the seeds must be watered with Jesus’s words as he said -
“Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst again” (John 4:14)
As the seeds take root, they grow and send out “spiritual tendrils” through the brain, evolving us into a new super life-form, and we see things in a new way,as if we’ve been reborn,and it feels good!
“We look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary,but the unseen are eternal” (2 Cor 4:18 )

Then as the seeds begin to take root and grow, we feel Jesus himself growing in us, making us feel stronger and more powerful:-
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power…” (2 Timothy 1:7)

I was brought up by my parents and society to be a wimp and always do what the world told me to do.
I tried but i was very unhappy because the world was crazy and i wanted nothing to do with it.
Then in my mid-teens i looked at the Bible and discovered that Jesus was on my side because he said the world was no good, so i followed him ever since:-
“Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers” (1 Peter 1:18 )
So i changed from that young wimp i used to be, into one of the toughest people i know, and it feels great!
If that’s what being born again means,then so be it :slight_smile:

So what did you do to go to jail then?