Superstitions

SUPERSTITIONS by Mick
I don’t believe in silly superstitions and its done me no harm at all.
For example I sometimes get stupid e-mail chain letters saying “forward this to 10 people or you’ll have terrible bad luck”, but I just sling it straight in the spam bin.
And during my 3 years on AOL I’ve been subjected to constant threats from assorted witches, heathens and fairy worshippers who’ve invoked demons, phoney gods and goddesses to come and get me, and I’ve had bad luck runes and incantations and curses e-mailed to me.
So have I had bad luck? Nah!
In fact my luck has been better than average I kid you not, for example over that same 3 years I’ve played over 300 email PC Combat Mission strategy game battles, topping three separate leagues and won a silver trophy for it :wink:
Occasionally opponents have said “I don’t believe it, why is all the luck going your way?”, to which I reply “I suppose somebody up there must like me” :wink:

If God were in fact favouring you then he would have to disfavour another. Why would he do that?

Very good point Boss. It didn’t even need explaining!

lol @ that example of how ilogical, hypocritical and uncaring of their faith most christian followers are.

check yourself before you wreck yourself

its wise to be wise if your ever going to have dealings with matters of wisdom.

otherwise its hypocrisy ^.^

Mick in England,

So they have tried to command their gods against you? Do you think things like that work? Do you think they know what they are talking about either?

Yet- Could you command your god against them? They have for sure broken the 1st Commandment, and most likely many others. In the Bible, God acted against people of this nature in numerous instances.

It is not good logic to disprove their gods in a manner that disproves your own god.

Mick seems like a very confused guy to me sometimes, no offense. He just made an honest mistake, everyone does it. It’s not like he was debating a topic which required logical explanations. He was giving a personal testimony in which he contradicted himself. We all do it, although sometimes it’s noticeable and sometimes it’s not.

Club29,

I still think you and Mick are the same person.

Nick makes a good point. I’m not superstitious either, which is why I’m not a Christian.

Why?

“Mick” makes a contradicting point, how is that good? Well glad you could let us in our your background information. I wouldn’t call myself superstitious either because the things I’ve lived have justfications behind them and they make alot of sense. I don’t think God would care to help someone in a video game unless it was for his glory. :slight_smile:

I will tell you something man. Christianity doesn’t require you to be superstitious, if anything once you accept Christ into your heart, you may feel you become superstitious, but you will know it’s him.

“the problem with Christianity is not that is has been tried and found wanting, but that it has been found difficult, and left untried.” G.K. Chesterton

Have you ever tried Christianity?

Who sez its who is God favouring me?
As I said in my “Goats and Sheep” post a while back, the Schmeidler experiments reveal those who think lucky are lucky, and v-versa :wink:
“The data convinced me. Repeatedly, average ESP scores of subjects who rejected any possibility of ESP success (whom I called goats) were lower than average ESP scores of all other subjects (whom I called sheep). This was inexplicable by the physical laws we knew; it implied unexplored processes in the universe, an exciting new field for research” - Prof. Gertrude Schmeidler

parapsych.org/members/g_schmeidler.html

Tell it to my fans across the internet, here’s some of my fan mail below. Hey now lets see yours :wink:

ChildofLight - “So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL”
Happysandyh - “welcome Mick, welcome welcome!”
HenryS - “You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store”
Firebrand - “Amen and welcome Mick”
Coconut - “Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick”
Sarah4Jesus - “Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher”
Cathie - “Very wise advice Mick, thanks”
Kierri - “That was one of the best explanations I’ve ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth”
Haimehenmmli - “I LOVE IT MATE!!! I’m going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you”
Evachrst3 - “Right on, Mick, I couldn’t agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently”.
Devilmademedoit2 - “I love this! Thanks, Mick!”
SweetSummer96 - “Wow. That’s a cool story Mick.”
Vespasian052 - “Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale…”
Beekpr9 - “Amen to all you have said, Mick!”
Saipan1777 - “Spot on Mick bravo”
Duke Tinn - “Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff”
Apple Pie - “Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour”
Tahella - “Welcome Mick!”
Ainglkiss - “Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work”
BlessedOne - “Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!”
MonkGirl - “Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting…and all I really needed to hear!”
WOFman - “Welcome Mick!”
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE…)
Nottonguetied - “I loved those stories from Mick”
Honeybearx - “This was very good reading thank you Mick”
Megan - “Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching”
Benjoman - “Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick”
Allisoneness -“You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord”
Sherry Anne - “Mick i love your posts”
Antipas - “Brilliant yet again Mick”
Easynote - “ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!”

Boy, that intellectual pond must be absolutely tiny.

I’ve had the same suspicion.

Good and bad luck and karma. positive thinking, negative thinking. I view these things as not accepting responsiblity for actions thoughts and deeds. A way of passing the buck.

I have two black cats one with really dark orange eyes and one with bright green eyes. They cross my path all day long. They make me laugh and smile, they warm my heart with love. They sure don’t bring us bad luck, nor are they evil.

Superstitions maybe are mere warning buzzers.
There may be a granule of truth to each buried deep somewhere in it. I have tried to figure the black cat one out but to no avail. I see no granule of truth in it. Anyone have an inkling why black cats are bad other then the fact that they are associated with the arcane arts as familiars.

Here again why? I believe alot of things differently than Mick. I assure you we aren’t. But the fact that the truths we’ve given are similiar, just show that much more how stable they are. You’ve gotta understand there is logic behind our religion and many others.

Once again Mick shows his ego is greater than his so called “faith”…now go thru your threads mick and post all the negative quotes…

I already have mate, here’s a re-run just for you (these are quotes from so-called Christians in assorted boards and forums, I don’t collect insults from atheists and fairy-worshippers because they’re two a penny and not worth a spit)
Steve H - “Micks a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout”
Cymba - “Micks an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit”
Zeke - “Micks wrong wrong wrong and denies Gods word”
Christian Trucker Pat - “Micks proud,arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable,offensive,lacking understanding and talking drivel”
Linda -“Mick’s a silly little Brit”
Gloryboundd - “Mick’s a senile liar and fool”
Elbown - “Mick you put me off Christianity and i’m a Christian”
SheriNuwine - “Mick you come across as a pervert,do you like cheeky little minxes who play with dollies?”
Sunami - “Mick…the lazy workshy parasite that you are”
Reverend Eric Potts - “You disgust me Mick”

I don´t know why you come on here. All you do is insult people who don´t follow your belief - that´s not philosophy. You should be ashamed.