If the founders of religion were to fight, who will win?

I suppose if the founders were to go one on one with the other founder in combat, I thought they both will lose, because most religion foundation is about peace.

But what if we say, if the combat was not a violent or revenge, but as a sport, this sport I am asking is fighting with their bodies not words. Who will win Jesus, Buddha Shaymuni, Muhammad, Lao Tzu, Confusous?

After that, which of their followers would win? like, Meng chu, ( I think thats how you spell it for Confucious disciple) , Martin Luther, the archangels michael, etc)

Pick a founder, and state a reason why he will win.
If you want pick next a follower, and state a reason why he will win.

Come on, this game only comes about once a week .

Does suicide bombing count as winning?

Maybe you should watch mind of mencia, there supposed to have a battle soon if they’ve not already had it.

shouldnt this go in mundane babble ?

But Jesus has won just as he said :slight_smile: “I’ve beaten the world” (John 16:33)
Likewise his followers are winners too - “Who is it that beats the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” (1 John 5)

Mick…77% are not Christians. I don’t know if you notice that or not. Plus you always badmouth the JW, and Roman Catholics anyway. So, I don’t know why you keep brining that up.

bringing discouragement to others, is not the way.

So, I suppose Jesus would win, because he is the son of God, while others are just mortal men

I forget his name, but the founder of Religious Daoism is usually depicted as riding a Tiger.

It’s pretty hard to beat a dude riding a tiger. Mounted soldiers have always had an advantage and, come on, it’s a freakin’ tiger!

But Laozi’s fighting-by-not-fighting would be tough to beat.

Question: Does Moses have the Ten Commandments with him? If those things can destroy a Calf made out of solid gold, I bet he’d have a good chance at winning, and David was no sissy either!

Now that Jedi knight is officially recognized as a religion in the UK, I’m going to go for Yoda. Did you see his moves in the last movie? No contest…

Gonna have to go with Ned on this one. Unless we can bring him down like they did on the Chappelle Show. Jedi Sex scandals = sad :frowning:

At least JW’s and catholics have got Jesus tucked away somewhere in their creaking belief systems, so at least that’s a start :slight_smile:

Way to ignore the rest.

So I will say once again. Last we all knew 33% is no where near a majority. So why keep showing it?

In answer to this thread “who will win?” the games already over and the final result is in, a young country-boy carpenter has upstaged all the rest and now fronts the worlds biggest religion :slight_smile:

Data

Who will win Jesus, Buddha Shaymuni, Muhammad, Lao Tzu, Confusous?

Portent

Jesus and Buddha would cause a tie to occur.

Note

The perfect game ends in a tie
-Zen

1 -Jesus was foretold in ancient scriptures centuries before he arrived. Buddha wasn’t…

2 -Jesus did all sorts of miracles. Buddha didn’t…

3 - Jesus said he was Son of God, the long-awaited Superprophet, the Christ and the Messiah. Buddha didn’t…

4 - Jesus laid down his life. Buddha didn’t…

Now who do you think people would be more likely to listen to?
Hey we already know the answer, look at the pie chart again and see if Jesus or Buddha gets the biggest slice :wink:
PS - I’m not slagging off Buddha, he was a great thinker, my only beef is that every word he said came out of his own human mind, whereas Jesus said “I only say what my Father tells me to say”, that’s the massive difference…

1. The coming of Buddha was prophesied as well.

2. Buddha performed miracles, reaching enlightenment being among one of the chief examples. However, unlike Jesus the supposed Christ, Buddha did not want his followers to refer to miracles to prove the validity of his claims. He expressly forbade it to be more accurate. Buddha believed that anyone could perform miracles given the proper training of the mind. Moreover, he likened performing miracles to getting a man to do something by providing him with dancing women. Not only can anyone do it, but miracles (dancing women) can lure anyone into awe if they are weak of mind and will.

3. You are right, Buddha did not claim to be the Son of God. But that in itself is almost meaningless. I am the son of God as well, what do you have to say about that?

4. Buddha did something more substantial in a way. Consider that he abandoned a life of the flesh for the sake of enlightenment and taught others through “practice”, that enlightenment can be reached, something that Jesus himself could neither forsake nor put into practice.

Moreover, simply because many people believe in Jesus’ rhetoric doesn’t mean it’s the right rhetoric to follow, nor that it is the truth. We happen to live in a world that has been dominated by Christianity. Christianity’s primary mode of spreading has come through military conquest and cultural subjugation. People didn’t up and conclude that “Jesus is the only way” of their own volition. They had spears and Bible Bashers in their faces for hundreds of years.

Besides, Mohammed would win, he had an army supporting him back in the day.

Data

Data

Neither Jesus nor the Buddha have ever been illustrated as competitors.

Portent

The concept of eastern religion was forced onto the warrior population of Europe, thus it was and continues to be, perverted by that population to fit their cultural psyche.

But if Buddha was as fab as you say, why does Buddhism only rank 6th in the religion popularity table?
Oh, and if you’re not a christian, you’re no son of God chummy…
And as for Buddha abandoning a life of flesh, Jesus went one step further and sacrificed his life…

I, personally, find that graph rather suspect.

I mean, when polled for religious affiliation, Japan answered something like (numbers are from memory, end result is the same)

100 million Buddhists.
85 million Shinto
40 million Confucians
30 millon Christians

But the total population of around 125-odd million. That is because many of the religions listed (including Kirishitan, a sect of Christianity) are not exclusive religions in the way that strict Ahambric religions are.

Because of that, I would be very suspicious of the sampling.

Not to mention the atheist is waaaay too over-represented, which leads me to believe that most parts of China (perhaps the whole mainland. Taiwan and other former-territories are pretty populous) are officially atheist due to the Government.

But, on a side note, Yoda does have a lightsaber.

I’ve decided that a lightsaber trumps a tiger in a fight.

ned~

So what you are saying Jesus, and Buddha were fake beings, that somehow came to existent from a brillant writer?

I thought Lao tzu was writing a water cow, not a tiger? If he was riding a tiger then he would consider to be a badas.

Mick~

About your chart, are you saying the followers of christianity would also win over the other followers in a duel?