"He hangs 'em on string"

Funny you should say that mate because my late dad used to say the same thing…
As a kid I overheard him saying to my mam about me - “He’s bleeding nutty! No don’t laugh, I really do mean it, he wastes all his pocket money on silly plastic model aeroplanes then hangs 'em on string from his bedroom ceiling in full view of the street, I dread to think what the neighbours are saying about him. He’s up there now building a bleddy great Superfortress,God only knows how much that cost him, when’s he going to start saving his money instead?”
I got my own back though, I filled his radio with sand from a builders yard down the road and enjoyed his bewildered expression when he tried to tune in the Clay-Liston fight but all he got were electrical crackles and splutters. He he he :slight_smile:
Then the sand began pouring out in torrents like an Indiana Jones temple and he freaked, “I don’t believe it!” he yelled, “its full of bleddy sand, how the hell did that get in there?” Needless to say, I innocently denied all knowledge of it…
He’s been dead now 25 years but I wonder what he’d say if he knew I still buy models, I got Amelia Earharts red Lockheed Vega last year and have currently got my eye on a cool B-25 Doolittle Raider down the model shop…