Am I evil?

We commited genocide to gain this continent. Remember? Or do you choose not to.

If the man is stronger than me, then his children with my wife would be stronger, and more fit to survive.

So, evil IS subjevtive. What wasn’t evil before is now. Who decides what is evil? It’s obviously not god.

Detrop,
=D>

I’ll just say if you have to ask, you probably have good reason to be.

Detrop/Duder,

And it was wrong, but it was hardly the first time it was done, and it was hardly “genocide”. If want to call it that, they were committing genocide against each other for thousands of years before “white man” came to take over each other’s land and resources.

:unamused:

How can I explain to a blind man that he is waving a hot poker at his own face?

Yes evil is subjective… But right and wrong are not.

Evil like I said is a two fold thing based on absolute morality and subjective ethics.

I have meet two satinists in my life, and they were both pretty different, just like one christian or one muslim will be very different from another one of a slightly different interpretation.

One of the satanist I meet really just liked Satan as portrayed in the bible. He was pretty dogmatic in some ways, and thought shaking hands with Christians was a bad idea. He was in his mid-20s, kind of a sarcastic person as well. He was dressed in black and skinny.

Now another Satanist I meet explained to me that he thought that Satan was misrepresented in the bible, and that Satan was more natural, more ethical and actually more understanding etc. He said he was upset that when he tells people he is a satanist people don’t give him the chance of day to explain himself. He was probably in his 40’s, a soft spoken man, in a business suit.

I meet both of these people on the subways in boston about 5 years ago. And they were as different as night and day, thought they both called themselves Satanists. just like the KKK and Methodist are totally different, though they both profess Christianity. Just like a Burrito and an enchalata are different, though they are both delicious mexican dishes. But I like Burritos most days personally.

Dan, I think polar bears are more evil. Snakes can be pets, and can be so sweet at times. Polar bears just fucken eat ice all day and kill seals.

Scythekain, you can’t win that fight. The thing you have to accept is that morality is percieved, it’s not reasoned to. Like you said about the blind man. If someone thinks there’s nothing wrong with his wife being raped, if that doesn’t ‘ping’ on his moral radar, that’s not your fault, and it’s not the responsibiilty of philosophy, but rather on psychology.
But this is the internet after all, and people can say whatever that want to make their point. You’ll notice Duder didn’t answer your question with a hardy “Yes, it’s ok for a man to rape my wife if he’s tough enough to beat me down and take her”.
As it happens, I think that morality is subjective, but I don’t think we can change it. So there. You aren’t going to make any progress at all without God.

EDIT: If you must short-circuit this might makes right crap, the wrench to throw in the works is this: Might Makes Right doesn’t define morality so much as ignore it. If there is such a thing as right and wrong, the ‘might makes right’ advocate renders themselves unable to percieve it (as Duder has demonstrated) and thus, less fit to survive themselves.

I should have said “rational or intellectual beings” can will evil and not “brute” (non-rational) animals, in the classical western view.

Plus, if it’s an animal, it probably isn’t an angel.

Now then, as Nietzsche says, “evil” is what the weak call the powerful whom they fear.
Both polar bears and snakes deserve our respect and not our hatred.

mrn,
i take spiders outside.

Didn’t realize I was in a fight. I give up.

precisely.

detrop,

Oh how the [i]mighty[/i] have fallen.

Might makes rights, but might is not right Might is amoral.

But certainly it is not THE moral.

Sometimes might is ethical. As a society the only choice to prevent cultural suicide is to use might. BUT, once again this has nothing to do with right or wrong, and has to do with defending yourself or defending others. If you are using might for self-gain… that isn’t right. It’s folly. As your rape example above proved, the rapist doesn’t make stronger children, he makes weaker children. Children that don’t know how to deal with social situations and just rape someone. You also don’t fully understand rape. The rapist doesn’t CARE about producing children, and if the woman gets pregnant, he’ll maime or kill her. AS so often happens to rape victims. There’s one woman, who got her arms sawed off, and was dumped in the desert to die.

Is that right? If so by mere might… you are disgusting and we can get no further in this “fight”/“debate” or whatever the hell slum/slime/muck you call your philosophy.

At this point I think we should just agree to disagree. Frankly, I find might =right about as disturbing a philosophy as nihilism and relativism, and think the three are very inter-related with narcissism. But, if it were that easy to box up the belief… You wouldn’t be here would you?

meh, good luck on convincing someone else that might=right detrop.

Define EVIL.

I think you got Duder and I mixed up, Scythe.

Depends on what you advocate and how you behave. Otherwise, I really don’t give a rat’s ass what you believe. However, it appears to be a very selfish faith with zero concern regarding other humans. Yes, I oppose illegal immigration, and much foreign aid at it is not doing much good. However, I do believe in helping fellow citizens.

What does Satan advocate?
Do you advocate that all humans submit to the Church of Satan?
Do you believe Satan’s laws supercede human laws?

Basically just put in Sharia Law and change it to Satanic Law, and then answer.

Folks, try not to hide you head in the sand as we did in the 30’s when Hitler was marching.

Different time, place, to be sure, but read the Nazi rhetoric that is used. The tactics will be different, but the goal the same, total control.

No, you aren’t evil, or even amusing.

If you were truly evil, you wouldn’t have the time or attention to spare on dillydallying in a philosophical forum.

I think poseur is a good description.

nope.

duder,

Evil is the reverse of live. Therefore anything that stops life is evil.

Too objective? When someone commits a heinous act towards another being (human or not) that is evil.

Something needs to die for others to live. You need to die, for about 200 million little critters(worms, flies, etc) to live.

Death is an important part of life, probably the most important, because life can only feed on life. Life cannot feed on non-living matter.

So, what is evil? That which only harms man?

There are many good things that can harm man at an extreme.

Hellspawn,

Forget defining Evil.

Define “worship.”

You say Christians worship Christ. I’d say I agree with you. But how do you worship Satan?

Give some examples.

Satanists don’t follow any being. They believe in self empowerment and being their own God. I doubt you even are one. Also, you are not evil!

Who are you to say he’s not evil?

I won’t say who I am, but you can look me up at IAM YOURLORD.com

Pointless. Join a new forum.