Come clean..

It appears there are only about three people in this forum (including me), who aren’t afraid to admit our beliefs, and it so happens the three of us are Christians…
So why is it that most of the nonchristian posters here seem afraid or embarrassed to openly tell us what they are?
Fear of ridicule or what?
Or perhaps their beliefs are so shaky that they’re afraid to debate them in case they come crashing down like a house of cards.
What a contrast to King Christianity whose mighty fortress has stood for 2000 years, we hardly notice people on the outside p*ssing against its walls, we’re kewl :wink:
Jesus said:- “Whoever speaks a word against me shall be forgiven” (Luke 12:10)

My stance lies as such; I have studied cultures, sciences, languages, literature, and people all to have come to one truth. Everyone and everything is different. Certainly there are running themes amongst them but they are still different. How can I say the Japanese culture is better than South America? Or Greeks better than the Hindi? I can’t. I feel the same way about religions. I respect the beliefs which they entail but that does not mean I find any superior to any other. I do enjoy the meditative principles of Zen simply because we have only two things in this life we have control over. Our thoughts and our actions. So it allows me to be purposeful in my every day life.

I really do not have a religious sect which I devote my time to. My parent’s raised me to be myself and not follow anyone. I prefer to pave my own path through the snow of life :slight_smile:. My one true belief is that there is a flow to life which we are all a part of. That is about it. So I fear you may be preaching to the wall here since you say “King Christianity whose mighty fortress has stood for 2000 years” when I study those which are over 3000 years. Age does not make anyone wise it is wisdom that does this.

I am not afraid to say what I believe in…Satan will rule the world and kick jesus’ butt in the final prize fight. Satan is my lord and Master.

We are legion…I could be your next door neighbour or the post man or the checkout girl at tescos…Hey Mick your hear the knock at the door…? :evilfun:

Gee you were right Kriswest, what a nice guy.

Clearly you only think that because you haven’t been paying attention.

The board has plenty of Buddhists and Daoists on it of various sects. As well as a healthy dose of atheists and agnostics of various stripes.

I’ve never been anything but open about my religio-philosophical leanings. Any guesses Mick, or have you just failed to notice?

I’ll give you a hint: It’s pretty obvious.

I’ll come clean Mick

I’m the guy who thinks you’re a waste of human resources.

I am a Christian (Christian-lite)
I am a Jew (Jewish-lite)
I am a Daoist (Daoist-lite)
I am a vegetarian (vegetarian-lite)
I am a philosopher (philoso-lite)
I am a mod (mod-lite)

I am a woman.

If its Jehovahs Witnesses again I ain’t letting 'em in…
Good mate, you got 50 percent of the above right but stick at it and go for 100% and you’ll make Archbishop of Canterbury yet :wink:
The bit you got wrong was the bit about Satan winning. He’s already a loser :slight_smile:
You were right about the antichrist spirit though, its infected lots of people around the world but no sweat, the Bible is onto them -

ANTICHRISTS by Mick
References to the Antichrist appear in only 4 Bible verses (below) and make it clear that the Antichrist may well not be just one man/woman, but can also be a spirit that infects thousands around the world.
Certainly Blair is infected, as are most leftwing politicians and leftie organisations on both sides of the Atlantic who are easy to spot because they’re against everything decent and honourable and patriotic.
Brit newspaper columnist Garry Bushell calls them “Leftie maggots”…

“Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist, he denies the Father and the Son” (1 John 2:22)

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist" (2 John 1:7)

“…every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world” (1 John 4:3)

“Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour” (1 John 2:18 )

I’m trying to decide if you are simply being obtuse, or if you’re a put on. I think it must be a put on because there was only one person I’ve ever run into in this forum that was genuinely that close minded. If this isn’t a put on, what are you doing here? There must be an available street corner and a soap box somewhere in your neck of the woods…

I’m not afraid. Read my post on right and wrong.

I’m an agnostic-deist. There may be a god, but I doubt very much that he wants us to worship him like … god. :wink:

Why would you say this about leftwingers? Maybe in your country but I know in America both sides are just as bad. But yea…most believe the Anti-Christ was Nero but if you wish to believe I guess you will do what you want.

Ah, so after all your study and meditation, the best you could come up with was your recent post saying “Mick go die in a fire”…
If that remark is the sort of “enlightenment” that Buddhism gives people,you’re not a very good advert for it mate :wink:

It seems mick you are not well liked on this site…could you be evil?..no surley not…but if you are tempted the darkness is your friend…come be one of the infected…you know you want to… :evilfun:

Yes yes (sigh), but just for the record what are you mate, a Buddhist or fairy worshipper or Klingon or what?
Maybe you don’t dare say? cluck-cluck-cluck… :wink:

I didn’t say I was a Buddhist in the traditional sense. You know nothing of Zen obviously. I don’t have to abide by the sutras which tell me to be such and such. I do my own thing. And frankly I don’t care whether you view me as an advertisement for it. I am at least my own person. So quit trying to take my views and skew them against something you don’t care for i.e. Non-Christian religions. So, after this my stance on you perishing in a combustable environment still stands :slight_smile: And to think I was trying to be amiable with my post :evilfun:

Like I said,

I’ve just created a religion in which I’m devoted to proclaiming you as a waste of time, mental expenditure and sanity. Of course, being the son of my own God, I have to bear the weight of humanity by talking to you.

For the record, I honestly think you’re too much of a moron to actually be serious. That is, I think you’re a joke/lying.

There’s no way you can be this dumb.

She never said that.

Christ did.

Frankly, as Richard Carrier (author of Sense and Goodness without god.), in his interview on the documentary “The god who wasn’t there”, when asked if he would be upset that he wasn’t in heaven when he was in hell sucking satan’s greasy cock, he stated; “No, I think it would be worse to be in Heaven, because I"d be thinking about all those people being tortured in hell, for mere human mistakes.”

And what’s the greatest mistake?

To think for yourself. The one unforgiveable sin is to doubt the holy spirit.

Not to me mate, why don’t you just say straight out what you are, like a man, or are we playing guessing games now? Is this an adult forum or the “Little Scallywags Childrens Nursery”?

Groan, yet again here’s somebody too shy to tell us his beliefs :wink:
Hey Tentative I see there’s a single “dot” under your screen-name, are you trying to tell us you’re dotty or what? :wink:

Right mate,Jesus wants pals, not simpering fawning robots :slight_smile:
You’re my friends if you follow me. I don’t call you servants, but I call you friends” (John 14:14/15)