I'm outta here

Yes - But Duder could not possibly possess adequate knowledge of your being in the possession of this quality of ‘knowing’ - even had he known.

[size=75]Shameless bandwagon-jumping behaviour.[/size]

If you knew that I did know, then the impossibility of me knowing wouldn’t seem so impossible. What you know about that?

I ‘know’ nothing, I only hold beliefs of varying degrees of rationality. For a given definition of ‘rationality’. So there.

Nya-nya, nya-nya-nya.

Duder.

Few people are idiots, fewer can live like idiots, and most don’t accept it for a reason.

Hell of an argument. =D> Flawed though.

[size=150]Most [/size]people live like idiots. They bury their heads in synthetic realities. If anybody dares to point out their head is in the sand, they’ll cut the duders head off. Then they come to a philosophy forum, and this is where I get confused as to why.

Maybe knowing is overrated as a religious concept, maybe that’s because we actually know.

Feel free to ask me questions, that is if you believe you can know, otherwise you might as well talk to a rock.

Only if Horton sits on that rock of gnus

Ask yourself some questions.

Oh I have. Funny thing is about you atheist is you always ask the easy questions. :slight_smile:

If God’s intent was to punish Satan why did he reward him? He raised him from mere angel to a deity and gave him his own kingdom. Why? I asked this question before and so far no answers. It can’t be a hard question since it is such an obvious question.

Club - if by “easy” you mean “potentially answerable”, then I must concur. I consciously avoid the questions that I have no hope of answering.

Can you comprehend infinity? There are certain things are minds, even great minds, will never comprehend. To know this answer I’d have to know God’s plan, and we’re not supposed to know it fully. It’s just like asking why God created us, we don’t really know, we know what we are ‘supposed’ to do for him, but we don’t really know what this ‘does’ for him.

[i]There is something I don’t know
that I am supposed to know.
I don’t know what it is I dont know,
and yet am supposed to know,
and I feel I look stupid
if I seem both to not know it
and not know what it is I don’t know.
Therefore, I pretend to know it.
This is nerve-racking
since I don’t know what I must pretend to know.
Therefore I pretend to know everything.

I feel you know what I am supposed to know
but you can’t tell me what it is
because you don’t know that I don’t know what it is.

You may know what I don’t know, but not
that I don’t know it,
and I can’t tell you. So you will have to tell me everything.

R.D. Laing - “Knots”[/i]

And I respect you for that, as do I. When I say easy I’m really discussing the questions that have been asked over and over. I see where many of you come from that sometimes talking to a “Christian” seems useless, but as well as me being a “Christian” I’m also a practicing Apologetist. Truth be told apologetics haven’t brought me any closer to God just because I’ve found evidence, it’s still personal testimony that intrigues me the most. But like I said I’m willing to give every question a shot that I have time for, whether many of you are actually wanting answers or wanting to try to prove me wrong by me answering incorrectly, I’m still up to that challenge.

What do you mean “even” Sartre? You make it sound like, out of all Philosophers, Sartre would be the least likely to do so. This is of course, a misrepresentation - out of all Philosophers, Sartre is perhaps the most likely to say such a thing.

Thanks.

reminds me of the south park eps “cartoon wars”

It was meant for duder, even was just an addition.

to add to that, do you atheists even want us to be right? I mean does the idea of God even appeal to you at all? if no, then you would be right in saying that talking to us is pointless - you’d never believe it, even if we proved it. unless you are looking for evidence in what we say, you will never find it. so far, all you have done is look for a way to get around or disprove us - so according to you, is there anything we HAVE gotten right?

Keep in mind most atheists were once theists. They were born theists. They had the idea of god pounded into their heads while growing up, then as they started thinking for themselves came to the conclusion that there is no god.

that’s not absolutely true. I have a friend whose family is all atheists, and he’s the only Christian. go figure.

also, if anyone tries to “pound” the idea of God into your head, then I would agree that that’s horribly wrong.

ok whatever, you said “most” - my point still stands.