When you are at peace, what else do you desire?

Well everything is well and in order, what else do you yearn? Religion, family, followers? but you are at peace, how can you still desire?

Once you are really at peace, you wish to preach this thing you feel to others, so they can be at peace, I think that was the buddha was teaching.

I think even at death, you desire hope for others to remain peace, while they are living of course. :blush:

Absolute peace is death.

Relative peace is satisfaction.

You don’t understand true peace until you are a veteran of strife.

While I am sympathetic to the idea of the Bodhisattva, I’m not so sure I totally buy it.

When you are at peace, that is it. Peace is stillness, an end of action. So, if you attain peace in that regard, you are in essence, done. There is no need to preach, since by being at peace, those around you will find peace more easily.

It is only when you think you’ve found peace that you need to preach. Convincing others is normally a sign of one’s own insecurities.

What do we desire? Probably more strife. We can’t help ourselves.

Yes. Experience and compare A to B.

When your at peace, you realize you dont care anymore. Things really dont matter, you dont have to move anymore, no fighting for this or that, no searching. There is simply peace. But what is this peace you are referring to? Where and how does it come about. Tell me more about this peace.

If you are referring to a state of consciousness that individuals such as the buddha arrive at, its not peace. Its more described as love. So, in love, theres no desire either, but there is motion. There is a propelling to give, because in love giving is receiving.

another one of them quetions [-X

when your at peace every thing is as you want it and you dont yearn for anything.

everyone else pretty much said what needs to be said about the matter.

A pillow

Two pillows… :sunglasses:

There’s only one thing “desired” in those rare and fleeting moments of absolute, secluded peacefulness …

Dissolution of all physicality …

Say it with me … mmmmmmmmm, tasty.

Bessy: What do we desire? Probably more strife. We can’t help ourselves."

K: I have seen it over and over, everything is going great.
All you have to do is just accept and flow with the situation,
and people inevitable fuck it up. By creating strife and conflict
they just fucked up a great situation. All you had to do was
just go with the situation and life would have been great but noooooo.
I have seen this over and over and over again.

Kropotkin

Buddha taught only by example. You cannot “desire” and know peace!

To be without desire would imply that you are perfect.

Then peace does not exist in this world!

I desire nothing. I only desire that you remain as I am.

I feel I’m close to experiencing peace, I desire perfection, and that ends that.

follow me, and I will take you there.

I don’t guess I’m understanding the meaning of this post.

Everyone has peace at times, but infinite peace would mean nothing ever bothers you, and that would be very difficult to prove if even true. If you could have infinite peace I don’t believe you’d need anything else to set you at peace am I right?