which ten?

Which set of the ten commandments do you think the jews follow, and which were you taught as being “The Ten Commandments?”

Exodus 20?

1 no other gods before me
2 no idols
3 do not take my name in vain!
4 keep the sabbath holy
5 honor your parents
6 don’t murder
7 don’t adulterate
8 don’t steal
9 don’t bear false witness
10 don’t covet

Or Exodus 34?

1 do not worship any other god- god’s name revealed “jealous”
2 do not make a treaty with others
3 do not make CAST idols
4 Celebrate the feast of unleavened bread
5 rule on sacrifice
6 keep the sabbath
7 Celebrate the feast of weeks
8 do not offer blood tainted with yeast!
9 Bring the best of your first fruits to me.
10 Do not cook a goat in it’s mothers milk.

On another note… Who recorded the original set into the book of Exodus if Moses destroyed them on a rock?

I’m not sure if this is exactly relevant to your question, but It’s my belief all the commandments can be wrapped up into one. It’s pretty much just doing the will of God and trying to live like Christ.

I can’t say I know what the jews of today follow…but if you would like me to find out and so some research on this just say so, but I think you could do that just as easily if not better than I could.

It seems to simple that you’d ask a question like this, is there some other motive behind this statement?

I think what he was getting at was trying to show a supposed contradiction in the Bible. But I could be wrong. Mind clarifying, scythe?

nothing supposed about the contradiction…

Only three of the commandments are similiar, the rest are worlds different.

um…Moses did. you’d think he’d know them if he was the one to receive them and carry them. also, it’s called divine inspiration.

there were two sets of commandments…no contradiction. you think God was trying to use the same ones again? just because there is a difference doesn’t constitute a contradiction. now if there had been one set, and the Bible listed those same commandments that differently, then you’d have an argument to make.

I only knew about the first set until now, but from reading that passage, it sounds like the new one was to fix the old one. Jews probably follow both: the first set is about how to live your life, the second is more about the practices of worship specific to Judaism.

yeah that makes sense. sorry, short post, but I agree. ciao.